Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I doubt Selene would be much in the mood to do favors for [A] after seeing him sacrifice the other Externals to build a gateway. They were also expecting a small army of random demons, [A], Havok, Polaris, Rictor, and M are more than enough firepower to deal with that.

Astonishing Member

Pepe is currently my fave artist, I don't if it's because he set it off in House of X, but damn is his work phenomenal.I wonder how many books out of 22 he'll do

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    They had like five back ups all over the place.
    and all 5 will be corrupted when Xavier makes his next backup if this theory pans out

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It's not like Apocalypse had a lot to choose from, it was a team of volunteers. Everyone present had more or less personal reasons for being there, the powersets were secondary.

If Apocalypse says "Hey, who wants to come with me to a demon plane to visit my family?" not many people are going to say "yeah, it sounds like a good plan."
    He is En Sabah Nur. He does not ask, he tells you what to do. Traditionally, he has always been strategic, ruthless and inconsiderate. He has always been about the survival of the fittest more than anything. He is the antithesis of weakness. Having him act like a wimp is blasphemous to his character’s legacy.

Mighty Member

Hickman managed to make Saturnyne look baller as hell. Something Tini couldn't do with the 6 issues prior combined.

Yeah, we're talking like they sent, I don't know, Cypher, Eye-Boy and Trinary.

It was a reasonably powerful team for the situation they expected to find, it's just that they have been ambushed by surprise by some enemies they did not expect. That Apocalypse, the (arguably) most powerful member of the team, was the first to fall and that Summoner took advantage of knowing Rockslide's weakness has not done them many favors.

They also thought that Summoner was on their side, which as we saw can face Cyclops, Cable and Rachel at the same time, which is not small feat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Muramasa broke, so I guess if it is reformed into two different swords, you have two Muramasas.

In X-Force was hinted when Logan discovers all the adamantium that Forge is accumulating that this is how he is going to rebuild "his" Muramasa.
    It didn't break, it was completely melted down.

Fantastic Member

Magic, zombies and demons are Selene’s specialty. No one would be more excited to suck the life force of an army to boost her eternal youth and power set than Ms. Selene.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Hickman managed to make Saturnyne look baller as hell. Something Tini couldn't do with the 6 issues prior combined.
    Thank you. This did more for Excalibur then Excalibur.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I doubt Selene would be much in the mood to do favors for [A] after seeing him sacrifice the other Externals to build a gateway. They were also expecting a small army of random demons, [A], Havok, Polaris, Rictor, and M are more than enough firepower to deal with that.
    That was the second wave, I don't mind those characters but Banshee and Unus were just a weird choice.Though yeah it serves the plot point of being betrayed anyway so no big deal

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    It didn't break, it was completely melted down.
    But is the metal somewhere?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

You all know Howard co-wrote this issue right? And she more than likely was the one handling the Saturnyne scenes, the SWORD scenes read more like Hickman. Like I've been very critical of Howard also, but she did very well here. Credit where it's due.

Mighty Member

I dunno why they went with two Muramasa's when Masamune is RIGHT THERE as an optional sword.

BANNED

Tini was an important part here no doubt AND we know for a fact all the tarot and otherworld conections are her!
    this duo is pretty awesome so far

Why does Warlock classify as a sword?