Page 38 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    As much as fans love Zeo, it wasn't a ratings hit to my knowledge...it's possible Saban thinks less of it as a result.
    Yes, you are right. Zeo and Turbo almost brought the end to the Zordon Era and possibly the franchise. It was In Space that gave the kiss of life to the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Also, why does he have super speed? That's Connor's Dino Gem ability.
    From his Turbo powers. It's supposed to be usable only when morphed though, however, the same applies to Saba, his White Ranger weapon, which he used in Legendary Battle without morphing.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

They set up the anniversary in today's episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    I asked him. He has a channel on YT.
    I asked him indirectly on a possiblility of a comeback in the franchise and if he's willing to take risk on his acting career such as taking more mature and darker roles.
    He replied that he's willing to take that chance as long as they willing to give him the chance implying that he was never approched by anyone.
    Damn, that's lame. Can't help but wonder if it's because of his weight and/or him not pimping his past like others. Thanks for the info!

As much as fans love Zeo, it wasn't a ratings hit to my knowledge...it's possible Saban thinks less of it as a result.
    Yes, you are right. Zeo and Turbo almost brought the end to the Zordon Era and possibly the franchise. It was In Space that gave the kiss of life to the series.
    Well yea, I know all that behind the scenes stuff, but we're so far removed from that that doesn't even mean anything anymore. It's not like it was hated, no one is scarred by it. At this point it would be no different from seeing a galaxy suit, or a wild force suit.

If they're picking favorites, fine, but that would be lame if they're going off of "Ehh, ratings were just ok in '96" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    From his Turbo powers. It's supposed to be usable only when morphed though, however, the same applies to Saba, his White Ranger weapon, which he used in Legendary Battle without morphing.
    ??? Ok, is this true? Using destroyed powers is weird enough, but it's been so long so whatever; we'd be out entire seasons if we kept that mindset. But the turbo powers weren't even his anymore.

Plus this whole using mutiple powers at the same time doesn't seem right at all. If it's a weird half and half suit or imalgamation of different suits that's one thing; using one suit while taking s pinch of some random powers from something else seems like top tier lazyness.

But then why bring Kat back as Turbo Pink? Hell, they still brought T.J back as Turbo Red in Forever Red.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    But then why bring Kat back as Turbo Pink? Hell, they still brought T.J back as Turbo Red in Forever Red.
    I don't know. I, for my part, keep wondering why they keep bringing back Tommy as the Gree Ranger since it was clarified that the Green Ranger power was all but gone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Damn, that's lame. Can't help but wonder if it's because of his weight and/or him not pimping his past like others. Thanks for the info!

Well yea, I know all that behind the scenes stuff, but we're so far removed from that that doesn't even mean anything anymore. It's not like it was hated, no one is scarred by it. At this point it would be no different from seeing a galaxy suit, or a wild force suit.

If they're picking favorites, fine, but that would be lame if they're going off of "Ehh, ratings were just ok in '96" lol

??? Ok, is this true? Using destroyed powers is weird enough, but it's been so long so whatever; we'd be out entire seasons if we kept that mindset. But the turbo powers weren't even his anymore.

Plus this whole using mutiple powers at the same time doesn't seem right at all. If it's a weird half and half suit or imalgamation of different suits that's one thing; using one suit while taking s pinch of some random powers from something else seems like top tier lazyness.
    A pleasure
    My guess is that Austin distanced himself from acting way to early. He could have made a name for himself while during his prime. Not only as an action actor but in other genres as well.
    Amy Jo Jonshon appeared in several tv projects. She actually starred in a thriller with some steamy scenes, she made a fairly known career as a singer and now she begins her director career.
    I would love to see Austin in something darker, even now.

A pleasure
    My guess is that Austin distanced himself from acting way to early. He could have made a name for himself while during his prime. Not only as an action actor but in other genres as well.
    Amy Jo Jonshon appeared in several tv projects. She actually starred in a thriller with some steamy scenes, she made a fairly known career as a singer and now she begins her director career.
    Yea, I've seen the pattern and trajectory for ranger actors a loooong time ago lol. You can tell who would go on to get work or not. I'll still see Nakia in commercials every now and then, Joel's actor from Lightspeed sprinkled in places, etc.

What I noticed about a year or so ago is that a lot of the Canadian / NZ kids from the Disney seasons go on to get steady work.

Austin probably quit early like a lot of those Saban heads because they had a rude awaking after having such success prior with PR.

A pleasure
    Yeah, Amy was in Felicity and Flashpoint.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I don't know. I, for my part, keep wondering why they keep bringing back Tommy as the Gree Ranger since it was clarified that the Green Ranger power was all but gone.
    Gosei: "There's a simple explanation for that..."

He said that to Jake when he asked why his Super Megaforce form was green instead of black (reason: Sentai footage from two different seasons, which of course can't be explained in-universe). I do actually think Gosei and the creation of the Super Megaforce powers explains things like Tommy's MMPR powers working again (he should've only had Zeo) - every ranger now has every powerset they've ever held, and any shared powers (like Pink Turbo and MMPR Red) are duplicated. He had to restore the powers in order to duplicate them all for the Ranger Keys.

BANNED

Even before Gosei and his simple explanations (PR fans are gonna need their medication), it was established way back in season two that a clone of Tommy had a functioning power coin. Tommy could have just dug up his clone's remains centuries after his passing and took the morpher

I don't doubt this at all, but then it makes me wonder why the show goes back to Turbo so much, then. IIRC, while Zeo was bad from Saban's perspective, Turbo sank it even further to the point of near-cancellation.

Of course, that's assuming Saban's been reasonable, when typically he/the corporation rarely is.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I don't doubt this at all, but then it makes me wonder why the show goes back to Turbo so much, then. IIRC, while Zeo was bad from Saban's perspective, Turbo sank it even further to the point of near-cancellation.

Of course, that's assuming Saban's been reasonable, when typically he/the corporation rarely is.
    IIRC, Turbo helped save the franchise

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    IIRC, Turbo helped save the franchise
    From what I understood, their ratings were at their absolute lowest (at the time) during the first half. Though they slowly improved in the second half, Saban's assumption was that the next season would be the final season, which is why In Space would see the writers pulling out all the stops. But the ratings for Space greatly improved by such a strong curve that the show was saved. That is, if Space hadn't succeeded, Saban would've given up on the show.

Whelp, Tommy is even more OP now.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.