Page 39 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Whelp, Tommy is even more OP now.
    Is it just me, or did it look like Tommy could have soloed Lord Drayvon and his entire army given his performance in this episode. I don't think his robot duplicate managed to score a single hit on him in that entire fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Enterprise E View Post
    Is it just me, or did it look like Tommy could have soloed Lord Drayvon and his entire army given his performance in this episode. I don't think his robot duplicate managed to score a single hit on him in that entire fight.
    Well it is Tommy. You need to be at least Drakkon level to bring him down.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Well it is Tommy. You need to be at least Drakkon level to bring him down.
    I would love to see a special episode or even a movie where Tommy faces off against Drakkon. I just watched that promo for Shattered Grid and all I could think was why did they not make that into a movie? Even a merely decent writer could make a project like that be profitable in the theater, especially if you get some of the older actors back.

One thing i didn't like the episode was the underwhelming Morph group in which they should use stock footage of previous morph indiviadually (Forever Red & Once A Ranger) & Too much Tommy pandering in this episode, I wish the episode was two part special though.
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

lol I puzzled together that this episode wasn't appearing on a Saturday well after the fact. I missed it, but I'm not bummed. From what I'm reading I didn't miss much at all.

BANNED

I've seen clips. Arguably the most interesting sequence was Tommy vs Tommy, though I liked the idea of dimensional travel disrupting the Morphing Grid and thus making it dangerous to do this all of the time. T.J implying Lord Drayvon was a long-time threat also gives imaginative viewers a chance to add backstory to what the legendary teams have been up to off-screen while life goes on for our present teams.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    One thing i didn't like the episode was the underwhelming Morph group in which they should use stock footage of previous morph indiviadually (Forever Red & Once A Ranger) & Too much Tommy pandering in this episode, I wish the episode was two part special though.
    Agreed. Also, and this is personal preference, but I thought there was wayyy too much shooting. I really like Ranger melee battles, and episodes like Forever Red and Once a Ranger had plenty of those, but the solution here was to just simply shoot a lot.

Also, TJ's a Red Ranger, dammit. (but he also sounds like he aged the most, too)

I really would've liked to see the traditional team-up-by-color pairs. We got just a taste of that with the Pink and Gold Rangers (awesome), but more pairs and team-ups, please. Even those without corresponding colors could've been matched with each other.

Lastly, the franchise really loves multiplying Tommy, right? Green Vs. White back in S2, Fighting Spirit, this one. It really is no wonder that it gets to JDF's head.

With all that said, though, it was still miles better than the Super Megaforce finale. Plus, hey, it's the first time we get to see Red Ranger Rocky and Green Ranger Tommy together, albeit not in the same fight scene.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Agreed. Also, and this is personal preference, but I thought there was wayyy too much shooting. I really like Ranger melee battles, and episodes like Forever Red and Once a Ranger had plenty of those, but the solution here was to just simply shoot a lot.

Also, TJ's a Red Ranger, dammit. (but he also sounds like he aged the most, too)

I really would've liked to see the traditional team-up-by-color pairs. We got just a taste of that with the Pink and Gold Rangers (awesome), but more pairs and team-ups, please. Even those without corresponding colors could've been matched with each other.

Lastly, the franchise really loves multiplying Tommy, right? Green Vs. White back in S2, Fighting Spirit, this one. It really is no wonder that it gets to JDF's head.

With all that said, though, it was still miles better than the Super Megaforce finale. Plus, hey, it's the first time we get to see Red Ranger Rocky and Green Ranger Tommy together, albeit not in the same fight scene.
    They didn't even do anything with Koda and Preston, who have the same color and whose actors are brothers

If it weren't for the fact Power Rangers is notoriously cheap, I'd be surprised this wasn't a two-parter. It really deserved to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post

Speaking of Forever Red, what would people say to another team up in that style starring Rangers of the same color? I.E Forever Blue, Forever Pink etc.

Extraordinary Member

I wonder how many of the other old school Rangers have Mega Morphers?

After all several Rangers have been on more than one team with more than one color (most notably TJ and Rocky).

Who am I kidding? Only Tommy gets a Mega Morpher.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Speaking of Forever Red, what would people say to another team up in that style starring Rangers of the same color? I.E Forever Blue, Forever Pink etc.
    There was a rumor not too long ago about Power of Pink involving the Pink Rangers.

I could see that doing well in today's climate.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Heh, this is a thought I've had since the day ForeverRed premiered as a kid. Given that Red was supposed to rep. boys and Pink, girls, then the rest followed; I think Pink would be the next best step. Kim, Kat, Cassie, Kendrix..and go down the line, I'd loved to see that...under an entirely new production team that is.

*damn, how many k sound pink rangers did we have*

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I wonder how many of the other old-school Rangers have Mega Morphers?

After all several Rangers have been on more than one team with more than one color (most notably TJ and Rocky).

lol yea, you answered your own question there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I wonder how many of the other old school Rangers have Mega Morphers?

I wonder if its some overcompensation from the writers over the fact that Tommy's generation didn't really accomplish much compared to his successors. I mean, it wasn't even the MMPR team that defeated Rita and Zedd. TJ and company did that. And then you have Forever Red, where Cole, the rookie red ranger, destroys Serpentera, something Tommy and Jason were never able to do. That's got to be embarrassing for a guy considered a "legend" in the Power Rangers universe.

I wonder if its some overcompensation from the writers over the fact that Tommy's generation didn't really accomplish much compared to his successors. I mean, it wasn't even the MMPR team that defeated Rita and Zedd. TJ and company did that. And then you have Forever Red, where Cole, the rookie red ranger, destroys Serpentera, something Tommy and Jason were never able to do. That's got to be embarrassing for a guy considered a "legend" in the Power Rangers universe.
    Kinda makes you wonder why he didn't bring that motorcycle out in the comics when Serpenterra was wrecking everyone.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.