Page 65 of 93 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Former Spider-Man supporting cast member Goldballs had a major role in House of X #5.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    616 Miles was a fine character and I'm eager to see what his deal is now that he's back. My only problem with him is that he was the main focus of Spider-Men II, a book that should have focused on our Miles and Peter's relationship.
    Agreed on this entirely, to be honest that was my only issue with the book. Otherwise it was a good book, though no where near as good as the first series. People were expecting the sequel to focus more on Miles but he spend so much time on a character that had very little interaction after the series. So I'm actually glad he's back because it makes the character a bit more important.

Spider-Men II just felt like a lot of nothing for a tease that Bendis really didn't capitalize on, at least in a way that mattered.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Former Spider-Man supporting cast member Goldballs had a major role in House of X #5.
    yeah he like super important now they should give him and the other 4 bodyguards at all time
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Spider-Men II just felt like a lot of nothing for a tease that Bendis really didn't capitalize on, at least in a way that mattered.
    I disagree, it definitely focused on one of the biggest cliff hangers from the first series, essentially what was Miles Morales like in the 616. So for me, in that standpoint, he hit in out the park as he was one of the most sympathetic villains I've seen created. With that said, I did not want that cliff hanger to be the major plot point for the 2nd series, in which it was. I was hoping the second series would focus more on Ultimate Miles since the first arc focused so much on 616 Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    I disagree, it definitely focused on one of the biggest cliff hangers from the first series, essentially what was Miles Morales like in the 616. So for me, in that standpoint, he hit in out the park as he was one of the most sympathetic villains I've seen created. With that said, I did not want that cliff hanger to be the major plot point for the 2nd series, in which it was. I was hoping the second series would focus more on Ultimate Miles since the first arc focused so much on 616 Peter.
    I had the complete opposite reaction. 616 Miles felt like such a waste of time when we could've been doing so much more with the book then focusing on this dude, and I didn't even think Bendis did as good a job at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    yeah he like super important now they should give him and the other 4 bodyguards at all time
    Gonna be interesting later down the road if one of them goes rogue or gets kidnapped. Plenty of story material there.

Astonishing Member

I had the complete opposite reaction. 616 Miles felt like such a waste of time when we could've been doing so much more with the book then focusing on this dude, and I didn't even think Bendis did as good a job at that.
    well we will agree to disagree, not every series or arc is enjoyable to everyone. For example, there are people who enjoy what Saladin Ahmed is doing, while it's mostly passable for me. I definitely enjoy Spider Men II over Saladin's writing, but I'm pretty sure there are those who are the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Gonna be interesting later down the road if one of them goes rogue or gets kidnapped. Plenty of story material there.
    I agree I'm excited to see where they take Miles next.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

well we will agree to disagree, not every series or arc is enjoyable to everyone. For example, there are people who enjoy what Saladin Ahmed is doing, while it's mostly passable for me. I definitely enjoy Spider Men II over Saladin's writing, but I'm pretty sure there are those who are the opposite.
    Well, more feels like it's happening in Ahmed's run compared to Spider-Men II .

Astonishing Member

Well, more feels like it's happening in Ahmed's run compared to Spider-Men II .
    Spider Men II is a mini series, not an ongoing series like Ahmed's run, and even with that I'm was more interested in what was happening in Spider Men II versus Ahmed run. It doesn't matter if things are happening if you don't really care about the things happening.

Spider Men II is a mini series, not an ongoing series like Ahmed's run, and even with that I'm was more interested in what was happening in Spider Men II versus Ahmed run. It doesn't matter if things are happening if you don't really care about the things happening.
    Well, Spider-Men II was built up as more of an "event" then Ahmed's ongoing look at Miles' life, although the event portion just fell flat to me whereas Ahmed seems to be genuinely trying to build Miles' life and supporting cast up.

Astonishing Member

Well, Spider-Men II was built up as more of an "event" then Ahmed's ongoing look at Miles' life, although the event portion just fell flat to me whereas Ahmed seems to be genuinely trying to build Miles' life and supporting cast up.

Exactly it was an Event, hence it only being 5 issues. But for me, it still doesn't change the fact I haven't been interested in the things that are happening from Ahmed. So if more is happening in Ahmeds run, it doesn't really matter for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I agree I'm excited to see where they take Miles next.
    The post you quoted was talking about Goldballs.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The post you quoted was talking about Goldballs.
    Oh, lol, I'm still excited by the teaser images we've seen of Miles potentially wearing the Riot Symbiote and the Miles Spider-Thing (exact). I thought those sort of developments was what the poster was talking about, my bad.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."