Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default X-MEN: ONSLAUGHT REVELATION #1 - Preview

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I really wanted to like Way of X, but....I just didn't. I am gonna get this for completions sake but I can't say I am enthused at all. Everyone is so unlikable and Kurt is just all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I really wanted to like Way of X, but....I just didn't. I am gonna get this for completions sake but I can't say I am enthused at all. Everyone is so unlikable and Kurt is just all over the place.
    Agreed, I want to complete the story but I’ve been struggling to like it as a whole. I’ve whined at length about the characterizations, especially Kurt.
    And every time I see Kurt being referred to as a priest by Spurrier I give a deep sigh.

Oh boy, let's start the "They're all soulless clones" discussion again! Cause here Legion is pretty much confirming they didn't care about that little thing when they caused this. And if that's all it takes to dispel Onslaught from each mind, lol.

Maybe I'm alone in this but I think this preview looks good.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Maybe I'm alone in this but I think this preview looks good.
    Nope. It made me look forward to this as well.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Zorn and Xorn became a twin here with no unique characterization in Way of X or here. While they are very different actually. They should have been used in a better way.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Love this splash page!

I won’t pre-judge, like Proxy, I’ve not been as enthusiastic about Kurt’s characterisation as I wanted to be. I just don’t think Si sees Kurt the way I do, but I’ve found the concepts and ideas in the book interesting.
    I’m on holiday in rural Wales next week so I might not get internet until Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Love this splash page!

I won’t pre-judge, like Proxy, I’ve not been as enthusiastic about Kurt’s characterisation as I wanted to be. I just don’t think Si sees Kurt the way I do, but I’ve found the concepts and ideas in the book interesting.
    I’m on holiday in rural Wales next week so I might not get internet until Friday.
    I agree this splash page is great! Bob has been on top form throughout. I’ll try and keep an open mind, there were parts of the story I’ve enjoyed and found interesting. It’s been a bit hit and miss for me so I hope to enjoy it’s conclusion.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    I agree this splash page is great! Bob has been on top form throughout. I’ll try and keep an open mind, there were parts of the story I’ve enjoyed and found interesting. It’s been a bit hit and miss for me so I hope to enjoy it’s conclusion.
    The story is interesting and needed to be told. I think I would have enjoyed it more if Kurt hadn’t been involved.

Everything about this preview and the imagery just looks depressive, and anxious, and dark and tense, and stressful so the artist did a good job but just not a kind of book i enjoy. But i can see how others may.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    The story is interesting and needed to be told. I think I would have enjoyed it more if Kurt hadn’t been involved.
    Yeah, it was good that he was finally in a book, but I don’t think it should have been this one. I would have been more invested if it was just a legion story.

Kurt's religious background enriches the story a lot.
    And it's good to see him being more than the goofy optimistic character.

Other than because she's one of the main cast members of the comic, I wonder why Kurt prioritized getting Pixie first. I would theorize that Pixie's soul dagger would probably useful in breaking others out of Onslaught's grasp, or maybe it's just that Megan was conveniently standing at the back of the line.

I really like Kurt's coat.