Page 515 of 668 FirstFirst ... 15415465505511512513514515516517518519525565615 ... LastLast
Results 7,711 to 7,725 of 10014
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    One could make an argument that Comics that require you to turn your brain off in order to be enjoyed are a waste of good money
    You won't find me suggesting that anyone should be spending money on this stuff. I can't stop people so my advice is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its not the same thing. There was an in story reason to explain Barbara being Batgirl again. Karma being resurrected with a metal leg made no sense and there was no explanation given in the book. They dont ever utilize her disability for any story purposes or character development, unlike Barbara. With Karma it hasnt served any significant purpose
    Even in Barbara's case it really just meant permanent HQ monitoring duty.... also she once kicked Calculator's ass even while in a wheel chair. Yes, it's Calculator, so he's not exactly a master martial artist, but still. It's pretty much the same sort of stuff Mr. Terrific does in Justice League. Being in the chair isn't an asset to her, it just prevents her from doing other things.

The bald man needs to be eliminated.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Magneto said in HOX5 that they bring people back to their peak conditions, but I dont think there's been any evidence that they tweak with anyone's powers to give them more control. Cyclops still cant control his, Proteus still burns his body out, etc...
    Word, Xavier has been selling us a load of crap! Though I guess the artists and writers are in this together ,instead of saying with each resurrection for example Cyclops realises he has different colour beams or enabling the beams to do different stuff than just concussive/igniting force and he adopts to each accordingly or Proteus is giving some of his energy to Krakoa to not burn out his own husk.We are stuck with the iconography of a purple dude and a guy with the red eyeballs. At this stage I expect more creative ways to showcase the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I wish they'd give us a scene showing Cyclops can control his blasts, post-resurrection, but still wears the visor for focus (aka branding.) I can't believe they expect us to believe he chooses to stay brain damaged, it's as ridiculous as Karma deciding to stay amputated bc reasons.
    To add to your appoint, I believe Hellion still doesn't have hands.

And to further muddy the waters...what about souls? I believe at last count several X-people were missing portions of their souls or were missing them entirely prior to the Krakoan age. How are souls addressed with the resurrection protocols?
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

I would prefer to see more of the White Queen over Mystique for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Word, Xavier has been selling us a load of crap! Though I guess the artists and writers are in this together ,instead of saying with each resurrection for example Cyclops realises he has different colour beams or enabling the beams to do different stuff than just concussive/igniting force and he adopts to each accordingly or Proteus is giving some of his energy to Krakoa to not burn out his own husk.We are stuck with the iconography of a purple dude and a guy with the red eyeballs. At this stage I expect more creative ways to showcase the characters.
    You are on point. The most frustrating thing about these choices, is that they are driven only by artistic laziness. You like Proteus purple and glow, or you don't know how to draw him differently, so purple and glow he is. You like xian with bionic leg, even if does absolutely othman for thr character in all and for all, so she has bionic leg. The worst example was in past during the "feline " period of Beast where artist just can't t agree on how his face looked to the point each drawing him differently(have you ever wondered if they have ever seen a feline or primate in their entire life?!) I think they had gone with the blue emoticon look because at least they can't screw up that bland look! Oh there are also example in opposite direction, often crippling and keeping the character crippled for no reason but to make them edgy.

Marvel Girl should be the next mutant in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Where would you want her to show up?

Probably The Marvels or a Captain Marvel movie would make the most logical sense.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    You mean Jean or Rachel?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    You mean Jean or Rachel?
    Or this one?

If you like the idea that her brother is a mutant, then... well....

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The bald man needs to be eliminated.
    That is not an unpopular opinion, that is the general consensus.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Or this one?

If you like the idea that her brother is a mutant, then... well....
    Eh, as far as I'm concerned, Valeria is a mutant, too. Being smart enough to kitbash a jetpack or force field as an eight-year old doesn't 'just happen.' Her mutant power is 'super smart.' And that's my headcanon on the situation. Maybe Reed has done some sketchy thing to mask her mutant DNA from Sentinels and scans, similar to what Walter Langkowski did to Aurora, that has the side-benefit of making her immune to mutant-gene-suppressing effects.

This will probably be unpopular because of who i am speaking of but i think safe that Wanda is not going to remain dead because they really will not let that woman be at peace, so with that said you think people not just in the story but IRL will be pissed if Krakoa itself brings her back from the dead (mutant or not)? I mean i don't want her dead because i believe she suffered enough but i have seen that is not something a lot of people will care to see.