Page 50 of 258 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast

Even Darkseid and Ares wear skirts.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    The idea that men wearing skirts/dresses is taboo is fairly recent in history and is more of a western taboo anyway.

Roman warriors wore skirts, many civilizations that live in warmer climates wore skirts/dresses.

Jesus is never depicted wearing pants.
    Why are we talking about that? What does it have to do with Wonder Woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    There isn't much you can do in terms of fashion to challenge female gender norms. You see plenty of women wearing all the things men wear in media. A skirt doesn't seem to me like it makes much of a difference. In fact, it actually helps to reduce how she is objectified so to me that's a plus.

Having a woman built like an olympic wrestler is something you can't find in any piece of pop culture (except Gina Carano I guess) so it actually makes a difference and perfectly fits her theme.
    That's a good point. If I had to decide between Olympic wrestler physique and Greek inspired battle skirt, I would pic the former.

I would prefer both at the same time, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Another interview;

- They were offered this not knowing what the plan was for Diana in Death Metal beyond just being dead
    - Cloonan talked a bit about how her view of WW is a duality between being a goddess of war and peace
    - Talked a bit about the death threats they got over the Superman stuff from IWW, which they found odd as they didn’t intend it to be read as romantic
    - Diana will probably be back in the regular DC continuity by October (her 80th), so the September and October solicitations should be interesting to see
    - Talked on the critique of Diana not sounding like her usual stuff; they says it’s because she both isn’t her usual self at the moment and also that main things she’s interacting with are drunk Vikings and a squirrel.
    - They have about two years worth of proposed material and editorial at the moment seems game for it
    - They would love to do a long run on WW and are aware of fans getting tired with the short tenures of previous writers on the book or that people thought this would be another filler run
    [...]
    All their interviews sound good. Just sucks that their run started with goddamn death threats.

- Interesting that they didn't know more than that Diana would be dead. Gotta love DC editorial...
    - I hope they have plans to explore that duality in story.
    - So it's what we guessed, Diana will be back in October. I wonder if we might just get an actual WW event in Winter? There were rumours right?
    - Fair is fair. Being proper while among drunk Vikings might be a bit strange and I must say, I've gotten quite used to her voice. It's gonna be interesting if there will be a noticeable change once Diana is back on Earth.

Another interview;

- They were offered this not knowing what the plan was for Diana in Death Metal beyond just being dead
    - Cloonan talked a bit about how her view of WW is a duality between being a goddess of war and peace
    - Talked a bit about the death threats they got over the Superman stuff from IWW, which they found odd as they didn’t intend it to be read as romantic
    - Diana will probably be back in the regular DC continuity by October (her 80th), so the September and October solicitations should be interesting to see
    - Talked on the critique of Diana not sounding like her usual stuff; they says it’s because she both isn’t her usual self at the moment and also that main things she’s interacting with are drunk Vikings and a squirrel.
    - They have about two years worth of proposed material and editorial at the moment seems game for it
    - They would love to do a long run on WW and are aware of fans getting tired with the short tenures of previous writers on the book or that people thought this would be another filler run
    DC: "Hey, you two wanna write Wonder Woman's ongoing?"

BC & MC: "Yeah! What's the plan?"

DC: "She's dead."

BC & MC: "Okay...and?"

DC: "And, what?"

BC & MC: "...."

DC: "....."

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    That's a good point. If I had to decide between Olympic wrestler physique and Greek inspired battle skirt, I would pic the former.

I would prefer both at the same time, though.
    Cooke gave us both.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    All their interviews sound good. Just sucks that their run started with goddamn death threats.

- Interesting that they didn't know more than that Diana would be dead. Gotta love DC editorial...
    - I hope they have plans to explore that duality in story.
    - So it's what we guessed, Diana will be back in October. I wonder if we might just get an actual WW event in Winter? There were rumours right?
    - Fair is fair. Being proper while among drunk Vikings might be a bit strange and I must say, I've gotten quite used to her voice. It's gonna be interesting if there will be a noticeable change once Diana is back on Earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    DC: "Hey, you two wanna write Wonder Woman's ongoing?"

BC & MC: "Yeah! What's the plan?"

DC: "She's dead."

BC & MC: "Okay...and?"

DC: "And, what?"

BC & MC: "...."

DC: "....."
    In fairness, some of it seems Snyder and DC didn't want stuff for Death Metal spoiled but yes odd you don't give the upcoming creative team at least a little bit more info on the character touted as the star of event post the story.

In fairness, some of it seems Snyder and DC didn't want stuff for Death Metal spoiled but yes odd you don't give the upcoming creative team at least a little bit more info on the character touted as the star of event post the story.
    Yeah, all of this was plotted out a year ago so hopefully they developed more of a direction since then.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Another interview;

The more I read about these 2, the more I like them. Thanks for sharing!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    The more I read about these 2, the more I like them. Thanks for sharing!
    Definitely hope the last bit ends up true. Think the longest run we had since Rucka left was Robinson and it became the Jason show.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Wonder Woman 777

Looks she stumbled across one of these guys, lol.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Definitely hope the last bit ends up true. Think the longest run we had since Rucka left was Robinson and it became the Jason show.

Yeah. I had such high hopes for Robinson and then we got Jason 24/7 for the most part. I get that he was hired to finish Jason's story but I wish he would have had time to do other things.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Jason should've been Grail's twin.

All of this looks just grand, I'm still surprised at how excited I am for this team.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Looks she stumbled across one of these guys, lol.

+1 for the dudes who wore the heels.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    This is a great idea.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Holy crow! That's a fantastic idea!!!