Page 39 of 358 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post

Wait... Is Jean actually generating "visible light" from her hand?
    Yep! I said so last page.

Isn't it great?!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    She did this during AXE.
    She also did it in Wolverine 125

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    More Jean!

Im digging the X-jacket. I also think this is the first team up between Jean, Scott and Bishop since AOX
    Loving the Mutant First Strike cover!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I'd hate to be a telepath and have the ability to read minds. But I'd love to be able to share my thoughts/intentions, with someone's permission. Imagine: never to be misunderstood again.
    I wouldn't want to be a telepath either, but it definitely helps being understood and I can imagine I would be understood a lot easier by one...if only some people were telepaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I wouldn't want to be a telepath either, but it definitely helps being understood and I can imagine I would be understood a lot easier by one...if only some people were telepaths.
    I'm totally ready to be a telepath. I've trained my entire life reading X-Men comics. World domination by Monday! Let's get it. ;-)

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I'm totally ready to be a telepath. I've trained my entire life reading X-Men comics. World domination by Monday! Let's get it. ;-)
    I've said this before, but I'm going to use the language of the "kids" (and sound even older by the miserable attempt!) :P

But what the heck, let's go for it! :D

#thefutureistelepathic

Back to my cave, guys. You know where to find me. Have fun. o/
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 02-01-2023 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I've said this before, but I'm going to use the language of the "kids" (and sound even older by the miserable attempt!) :P

But what the heck, let's go for it!

#thefutureistelepathic

Back to my cave, guys. You know where to find me. Have fun. o/
    I’ve always wanted Jean’s telekinesis, and Kitty’s phasing powers! Telepathy seems more hassle than it’s worth and I would SO abuse it if I had it, to look inside people’s heads, I’d be so unethical!

I was on holiday last week, took my iPad and have been re reading Dark Phoenix Saga,,,,, it’s still so emotional,and at risk of starting a lively discussion, it was Jean, SOD the retcon!

I was unimpressed with how Dark Web ended. I loved the X-men mini but the main event was too Spiderman focused for me and diluted things. Going forward I wonder how much Jean and Maddie will interact especially since Jean acknowledged that they are family and both women are in a better place

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Going forward I wonder how much Jean and Maddie will interact especially since Jean acknowledged that they are family and both women are in a better place
    This is what I would like to see as well.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I would like to see Maddie and Jean interact more, but I'm guessing it will be rare. Jean will be busy being a superhero in the X-men, and Maddie will probably be busy doing other things. I love the idea of Jean having a twin sister. As some of you know I am an identical twin - as if I didn't already relate so much with Jean.
    Jean has lost too many family members, so it would be great to see Jean build a strong relationship with Maddie. It is too bad we don't see more of her deep friendship with Storm.

I enjoyed Dark Web overall, and I eager to find out Jean's role in Fall of X. I'm sure the X-men will play an important part of the story/conflict. I am also exciting for the next Hellfire Gala to see who is added to the X-men team. With the vote going on, I decided to go with Jubilee (it was either her or Prodigy -though I love, love, love Cannonball - would love to see him or Husk on the main X-men team).

I am also hoping Warren makes it on the X-men. I want to see Jean and Archangel interact. I haven't kept up with his story (I believe he got brutalized in an X-force story awhile back, and later was turned into something in Legion of X lol), so not sure what they are doing with him these days. I've always loved the closeness between the 05.

Jean remains in a good place. I think it was said somewhere that Duggan will remain the X-men writer on year 3. If he keeps Jean I will be fine with it. I've love to see Gillen use her more, or the writer on X-men Red, but Duggan doesn't disappoint me in how he uses Jean's voice (and compassion), and he uses mutant abilities well (not that using powers is the most important element because it is not, but some writers don't use powers or action scenes as well as others [same with artists]). Duggan's book is the fun superhero book but maybe it can morph into something deeper in year 3 (you never know, year two does have a slightly different vibe than year 1).

Linked to the annual Gala story, does that mean marvel time line now in synch with ours?

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Linked to the annual Gala story, does that mean marvel time line now in synch with ours?
    With resurrection so readily available no one is getting any older so the x-office aren’t that scared anymore of time passing the x-men by
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Resurrection, no one getting any older, Destiny was returned to a younger “more beautiful” body for Mystique. Who’d have thought xmen would be such body fascists. Goes against everything they believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    Resurrection, no one getting any older, Destiny was returned to a younger “more beautiful” body for Mystique. Who’d have thought xmen would be such body fascists. Goes against everything they believe in!
    Well, the age reset is not mandatory, it’s usually in accordance to each person wishes…see cable for example… they get a reset to what they consider their best self
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”