Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Supposedly, this is going to (loosely) tie into the original. These three girls are going to also be a part of the Melinda Warren family tree.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    It would be nice if it was great, but this trailer doesn't inspire that.

What improvements are you seeing? Telepathy would be the only improvement for me, because Phoebe's power was fairly useless except as a plot device. I think Leo as their handyman/secret guardian was better than the Giles-style white-lighter. The half-sister angle seems like an unnecessary and convoluted element to add in so early. They've got enough to cover without it. And I think the acting in the trailer is bad, much worse than the original.
    Exactly! All your points, which is why I don't like it.

To me, it does not look better than the original, the acting is terrible the sets too dark. Not vibing on this. I don't want any remake just to have a remake; If I watch a remake, I expect t it to be great. Sorry, this is not that.

So am I write in assuming that they'll avoid pairing off the whitelighter and one of the sisters in this version given the obvious age difference between the actors?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So am I write in assuming that they'll avoid pairing off the whitelighter and one of the sisters in this version given the obvious age difference between the actors?
    It would work for me, much as I love the original Charmed and the character of Leo, the Piper/Leo romance was kinda corny.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    God let's hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    It would be nice if it was great, but this trailer doesn't inspire that.

What improvements are you seeing? Telepathy would be the only improvement for me, because Phoebe's power was fairly useless except as a plot device. I think Leo as their handyman/secret guardian was better than the Giles-style white-lighter. The half-sister angle seems like an unnecessary and convoluted element to add in so early. They've got enough to cover without it. And I think the acting in the trailer is bad, much worse than the original.
    I'm cautiously optimistic. Keep in mind that everything we're seeing right now was filmed specifically for this trailer, so there are bound to be changes when the actual episodes start airing.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

The long lost sister is gorgeous, but the other two broads are a sight for sore eyes. I wonder what the tone will be, cause Charmed started out as a supernatural drama show, then turned into a lighter fantasy show.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Exactly! All your points, which is why I don't like it.

To me, it does not look better than the original, the acting is terrible the sets too dark. Not vibing on this. I don't want any remake just to have a remake; If I watch a remake, I expect t it to be great. Sorry, this is not that.
    As someone who watched the original from the time it started until the time it ended....neither was the original. The acting in the original was not good. As to the sets being too dark ,the original went from being moody and atmospheric to campier and sillier as the seasons progressed. Glad to see that they are at least starting out with a vibe that more resembles the original's first couple of seasons.

Hopefully they won't make the same mistakes the original series did.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    The long lost sister is gorgeous, but the other two broads are a sight for sore eyes. I wonder what the tone will be, cause Charmed started out as a supernatural drama show, then turned into a lighter fantasy show.
    I'm not sure they are planning on getting that sort of mileage out of this run of the show.

Eight seasons is quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    As someone who watched the original from the time it started until the time it ended....neither was the original. The acting in the original was not good. As to the sets being too dark ,the original went from being moody and atmospheric to campier and sillier as the seasons progressed. Glad to see that they are at least starting out with a vibe that more resembles the original's first couple of seasons.

Hopefully they won't make the same mistakes the original series did.
    Right...but I never said the original was good, lol! I just said this remake was not better than the original. Heck, it is not even as good!

The original was not dark; it was fun, mysterious and had good pacing. A little ditzy, stupid and unbelievable here and there with a "TV show" types of ways of getting out of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The mother died recently. It makes for a more interesting story.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but this isn't a improvement its a potential one but not an actual improvement for me it depends on what they do with it.
    A seemingly Wesley Wyndam-Pryce-inspired White Lighter (if they're even going with that title) instead of the giant block of wood they had last time.
    So you didn't like Leo, I thought he was alright but that they didn't really give him a lot as they shouldn't have because the show was about the sisters
    Telepathy beats vague premonitions any day of the week.
    It's also easier to use as a plot device, plus unless the sister is a black belt knowing how he plans to move doesn't do anything if you cant fight back, can't win a fight if you are always running away from them.
    One of the sisters dates a female cop.
    One of the sisters dating a member of the same sex isn't a improvement well to me anyway sorry this show can still suck no matter how many LGBT people they cast if the story isn't there it can still suck.
    Truth is the best policy

Sad to see this bad Buffy rip-off getting a second chance.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    So you didn't like Leo, I thought he was alright but that they didn't really give him a lot as they shouldn't have because the show was about the sisters.
    Yeah, this is actually why I liked Leo. His only real powers were exposition and escape. Having the male guide be more than that feels like a step backwards.