Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Karnak hit the Surfer in his PIS Bladder.
    One of the dumbest was Norrin getting smacked in the back of the head with a sledgehammer and knocked out.

Oh boy.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

There are certainly things to note back and forth about Galactus vs the Celestials, but it boils down to this, comparison wise for me, at most:

Galactus ate some worlds. He killed a Celestial. Odin put himself in the Destroyer armor along with the rest of Asgard save for Thor, he teamed up with the Uni Mind, he further used a weapon created from superpowered materials external to himself and his power of which a big deal was made for their sheer oomph. Odin got wtfpwned and could not take down even one of his Celestial enemies, when not even the full group was paying attention to him.

It speaks to a certain disparity.

There is a general disparity otherwise between Galactus and Odin as far as overall showings go.

BANNED

and yet Odin has also the feat don't know how much it took out of him of having killed/trapped billions of a race in the form of Mangog. then again Galactus does those kind of feats casually even when at low power.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    and yet Odin has also the feat don't know how much it took out of him of having killed/trapped billions of a race in the form of Mangog. then again Galactus does those kind of feats casually even when at low power.
    The Mangog massacre happens off screen. We know Odin wipes out a billion billion beings, but we don't know how long it took or what resources he had.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    The Mangog massacre happens off screen. We know Odin wipes out a billion billion beings, but we don't know how long it took or what resources he had.
    He just fell over.

When his enormous girth made landfall there were no survivors.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    He just fell over.

When his enormous girth made landfall there were no survivors.
    Wouldn't that be more of Volstagg thing?

And while Volstagg obviously wouldn't do that of his own volition, I can see Odin using Volstagg as a makeshift projectile.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Wouldn't that be more of Volstagg thing?

And while Volstagg obviously wouldn't do that of his own volition, I can see Odin using Volstagg as a makeshift projectile.
    With how they're writing Odin, and most of the Gods nowadays, not really.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan