Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Jean still has two big confrontations this year....Lorna Dane and
    Probably going to have to wait until after Extinction, but you never know. I would certainly like to see both happen.

I know I’m late to the party, but this was a fantastic issue and setup. I love the cast of characters. Excited when Remy finally shows up......are the Ruins the next Genosha?

By far, the best X-Book Marvel is putting out now. This need to be twice monthly.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

No.

X-Men:Red needs to stay monthly so that the writing and art remain consistent.
    Or else we'll end up with something like the stank, maggot-infested rubbish that is X-Men:Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    No.

Or else we'll end up with something like the stank, maggot-infested rubbish that is X-Men:Gold.
    Yes.

Taylor can handle it.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    Yes.

Taylor can handle it.
    You misunderstand. It's not that Taylor can't handle it. It's that Asrar can't.

I'd prefer quality over quantity, even if I want more of this team.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

Exactatiously!!!

Someone truly understands.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

I don’t misunderstand anything. What I want is 2 issues a month. That’s it. If 1 issue a month is good enough for you, fine. I’m not gonna tell you that your wrong and you don’t understand. I am certainly entitled to my opinion and think he can handle 2 issues. That’s it.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    I don’t misunderstand anything. What I want is 2 issues a month. That’s it. If 1 issue a month is good enough for you, fine. I’m not gonna tell you that your wrong and you don’t understand. I am certainly entitled to my opinion and think he can handle 2 issues. That’s it.
    ... I'm saying that you misunderstood what Devishwarya was saying, and that's all. I'm not going to invalidate your opinion. I am however going to say that Asrar literally CANNOT handle two issues a month so we'd have an artistic imbalance if they went twice monthly. He's even got a fill in for at least issue seven already. I just don't want that to be super common.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I dont think Red needs to ship twice a month but Id be all for them upping the number of issues a year. 15-18 issues would be great. I dont need MA to draw them all either as having one regular fill in, would help keep things consistent

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think Red needs to ship twice a month but Id be all for them upping the number of issues a year. 15-18 issues would be great. I dont need MA to draw them all either as having one regular fill in, would help keep things consistent
    I’d totes be fine with this actually.

I like what I've seen from Carmen Carnero who's gonna be doing issue 7. I should wait until we actually see her art on this, but I probably wouldn't mind if we could have her(or some other good artist) as a regular fill in with Asrar.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I like what I've seen from Carmen Carnero who's gonna be doing issue 7. I should wait until we actually see her art on this, but I probably wouldn't mind if we could have her(or some other good artist) as a regular fill in with Asrar.
    Yep, I have seen Carmen Carnero's art so far and I really like it.
    - I love Wolverine. Really.
    - Yeah ? Which one ?

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Red is on the cusp of getting taken off my list. The writing just isn't all that good and littered with so many non-topic political sub-plots it's embarrassing. The premise is paper thin and pretty much nonsense. The dialogue is cringey-ly robotic at times (its like Taylor goes for pages forgetting what a contraction is) . The art is less than average, dark, thick-lined and sketchy with some of the deadest facial expressions I've ever seen, at times. Not what you'd expect from a flagship title. The motivations are weak. The pacing seems to be it's only real plus, but that's not what you buy a book for; how fast it moves through the narrative. Storm's inclusion at #4 is the only real saving grace in terms of team dynamics and chemistry. If Nightcrawler could be full-time on two different teams at the same fraking time, then Storm should have been included from jump. Jean has no logical, emotional or familial connections to X-23, Gabby or Namor (that was way too easy talking Namor into joining, knowing his attitude and dedication to Atlantis), yet here they are. Taylor should have started with the core of Jean, Storm, Gambit and Nightcrawler, then work his way outward. Using Storm's past relationship to appeal to Namor and acquire Gentle in Wakanda (let's not bring up the fact that she was able to approach two of the most hard-headed rulers on earth, who happen to hate one-another and just obtain full access to their resources without much of any resistance from either) and use Gambit to stumble upon X-23 and Gabby. They could have picked up Trinary anytime, because she's brand-spanking-new. Seriously, Jean comes back from the dead and immediately surrounds herself with strangers? Half of which are children (people around or under 18)? I think the Annual is supposed to fill in the gaps, but you're supposed to be able to skip an Annual issue, if you want; not have to read it so the whole book makes sense. Of course this is my opinion and even with all these take-aways it's sadly still the best X-Men title... which says a lot. I can't wait to see how Taylor juggles 9-characters simutaneously without half of the team turning into set pieces/background art with the occasional quip. I hear good things about Cable. Might pick it up.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    No.

I think Taylor could never get so bad like Guggenheim. I mean I had such high hopes for Gold with this cast, but after reading it