Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I applaud your efforts in dealing with your condition and I wish you the best.
    Thank you friend
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I'm starting to believe what people say about procrastination being a form of self-harm. When you miss something important it makes you feel terrible. I used to get nervous about deadlines but I'm slowly getting over it. The dread I feel after putting something in that isn't perfect isn't as bad as how missing deadlines makes me feel.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Is it the act of doing the task with the deadline or the deadline itself?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Is it the act of doing the task with the deadline or the deadline itself?
    The act of doing the task with the deadline.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Glad to see a mental health thread. I suffer from different types of anxiety (social, traveling, when there's a deadline, etc) Im also ADD. I'm on meds for the anxiety but not the ADD. The anxiety meds gives me a bad headache which then makes the anxiety worse lol. For my ADD I'm learning my triggers.

@oops, how do you deal with deadline situation?
    Last edited by Sunny; 10-24-2021 at 05:09 PM.

Just want to take a minute to post some good news. I have had 3 weeks 22 days with no voices in my head. My longest stretch ever! The meds I am on are working very well. On one had that is a very good thing. On the other hand I have been feeling very lonely. I have been hearing voice for over 20 years with only a break of a couple days of not hearing them. I have always heard them on some level loud or soft. Right now I am not hearing them at all.

I do very much miss them and a couple times thought about not taking my meds. But I know I can not do that.

I am still having a lot of issues leaving the house and being around most people.

The girl that I have been seeing her name is Kaye has been coming over once a week and we are going to up that to 2 times a week. Longest time spending time together has been 5 hours in one time. That is a huge step for the 2 of us as she has a lot of issues that I do as well.

So all in all things have been going mostly well
    Hope everything is still going well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    The act of doing the task with the deadline.
    See im a bit different. I work better with a schedule and a deadline. if I dont have a deadline I just wont get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    Glad to see a mental health thread. I suffer from different types of anxiety (social, traveling, when there's a deadline, etc) Im also ADD. I'm on meds for the anxiety but not the ADD. The anxiety gives me a bad headache which then makes the anxiety worse lol. For my ADD I'm learning my triggers.
    @ oops, how do you deal with deadline situation?
    I am glad you found this thread. Everyone here is a big help and very supportive. I am not great with advice but i will always listen. I hope you will post here when you need to

And thank you for the well wishes

Thank you. Sometimes I find just having a listening ear helps more than getting advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    Thank you. Sometimes I find just having a listening ear helps more than getting advice.
    Please share whenever you need to. The worst thing we can do is keep it in till things get out of hand. If you ever need an ear to listen my pms are open.

Incredible Member

I've mentioned before in this thread that I have ADHD. Something that often comes with ADHD is called RSD, Rejection-Sensitive Dysphoria. I've known about it for several years but just in the last few weeks I realized that I have it and it's been complicating my relationship with my wife. I feel better just having figured this out. Next I need to figure out what to do with this knowledge.
    --
    The discussion forum for fans of 20th-century comics: http://classiccomics.org

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Allen View Post
    I've mentioned before in this thread that I have ADHD. Something that often comes with ADHD is called RSD, Rejection-Sensitive Dysphoria. I've known about it for several years but just in the last few weeks I realized that I have it and it's been complicating my relationship with my wife. I feel better just having figured this out. Next I need to figure out what to do with this knowledge.
    I have never heard of this. What happens with it?

Incredible Member

I have never heard of this. What happens with it?
    I'll let ADDitude magazine describe it (from https://www.additudemag.com/rejectio...ia-and-adhd/):

Rejection sensitive dysphoria (RSD) is extreme emotional sensitivity and pain triggered by the perception that a person has been rejected or criticized by important people in their life. It may also be triggered by a sense of falling short—failing to meet their own high standards or others’ expectations.

Dysphoria is Greek for “difficult to bear.” It’s not that people with attention deficit disorder (ADHD or ADD) are wimps, or weak; it’s that the emotional response hurts them much more than it does people without the condition. No one likes to be rejected, criticized or fail. For people with RSD, these universal life experiences are much more severe than for neurotypical individuals. They are unbearable, restricting, and highly impairing.
    --
    The discussion forum for fans of 20th-century comics: http://classiccomics.org

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Allen View Post
    I'll let ADDitude magazine describe it (from https://www.additudemag.com/rejectio...ia-and-adhd/):
    Thank you for the link. I will look more into it.

Just checking in on you all. How is everyone doing?