Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Oh yeah I'm definitely not quitting. I expect this issue simply suffered from Snyder not wanting to end any important plot threads outside his main run and King not wanting to start any of his in a co-written book. Just saying nothing in this particular issue would want me to stay on, but I expect Batman #1 will be the real start of the run
    Ohhh, ok. That's more than fair. I thought you were saying you were done just after this one lol.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Oh yeah I'm definitely not quitting. I expect this issue simply suffered from Snyder not wanting to end any important plot threads outside his main run and King not wanting to start any of his in a co-written book. Just saying nothing in this particular issue would want me to stay on, but I expect Batman #1 will be the real start of the run
    I really agree. I think this tie-in was a bit unexpected (just like Batman #52 was a surprise to Snyder, which is why he didn't do it) and foisted on King & Snyder and they kinda sighed and just said "idk hey, let's just make this a simple intro to our runs."

Be interesting to see what trade this winds up in. I hope it at least gets into the King trade. (Both the first King trade and the first Snyder trade would be ideal)
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-02-2016 at 12:12 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I want to like it but I just couldn't. Of course I will stay with it for a few issues but I'm really not keen to have another sidekick in the main book.
    Ramin Djawadi, the new God composer... Original Score for Warcraft is absolutely amazing and his score for Season 6 of Game of Thrones is beyond epic... THE WINDS OF WINTER

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Meadowlark.

Hell, with the yellow costume? Meadowlark Lemon.

Have him fight crime with basketballs. Like a previous poster - only half-joking here. I want to see the Gotham Knights play the Globetrotters.
    I thought of this too. I saw them on the Scooby Doo movies.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    I want to like it but I just couldn't. Of course I will stay with it for a few issues but I'm really not keen to have another sidekick in the main book.
    Seems unclear how much we'll see Duke and where exactly. Snyder confirmed we'll see some Duke training in All-Star, but I don't think we know any further than that. Duke's portion in Rebirth could simply be setting up his role in All-Star, but King might not use him much or at all. I feel like we just don't know right now.

(of course I could have missed an interview that would show I'm dead wrong and Duke will be all over King's Batman run)
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-02-2016 at 12:30 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Seems unclear how much we'll see Duke and where exactly. Snyder confirmed we'll see some Duke training in All-Star, but I don't think we know any further than that. Duke's portion in Rebirth could simply be setting up his role in All-Star, but King might not use him much or at all. I feel like we just don't know right now.

(of course I could have missed an interview that would show I'm dead wrong and Duke will be all over King's Batman run)
    Just went through the preview catalog again. Duke isn't mentioned in the Batman description, but he does appear on the cover of issue #1 a bit smaller than Jim Gordon, so I'm guessing he'll make occasional appearances.

Scott Snyder says ASB will touch on Duke "a bit" and goes on to say he could be " better than Batman, or end up a villain". I think I'd like Duke a million times more if he ends up becoming the Terra of the Bat-Family. A storyline combining Judas Contract with Death of the Family could be interesting, with Duke in the traitor role.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Just went through the preview catalog again. Duke isn't mentioned in the Batman description, but he does appear on the cover of issue #1 a bit smaller than Jim Gordon, so I'm guessing he'll make occasional appearances.

Scott Snyder says ASB will touch on Duke "a bit" and goes on to say he could be " better than Batman, or end up a villain". I think I'd like Duke a million times more if he ends up becoming the Terra of the Bat-Family. A storyline combining Judas Contract with Death of the Family could be interesting, with Duke in the traitor role.
    Duke betraying Batman to get a cure for his parents?

That would be more interesting than everything I've read of Duke so far put together.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    That would be more interesting than everything I've read of Duke so far put together.
    Which probably means it won't happen.

...I miss Terra, and am now suddenly wondering what her status is going to be.

I read it today and it was a good chapter.

Duke's role as "something more than just robin" is odd but that's because I've been out of touch with more recent Batman developments but to me he just feels like a robin. I like him tho and his suit looks like a more anime-esque version of Terry's from Batman Beyond.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Said before i dont care for duke. Bought rebirth and still dont. I dont think he needs another partner. Makes his exclusion fro Detective bad, unless he'll pop in in future issues.

The development with calender man is different. Ill admit i havent read much julian day materiel though.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I don't care for Duke too. He fills a space that doesn't exist at all. He's not interesting and the new suit is featureless.

Interesting the calendar man thing, but i expected something more from this issue.

A little disappointing, but in part that's because I have high expectations of King.

As someone who has never read a single We Are Robin story and bailed out from Scott Snyder's supposed writing years ago, this was a pretty refreshing book to read. For the first time in years, I’m interested to see where this goes.

All-New Member

The seasonal metaphor King uses is brilliant....Cyclical redundancy, replacing old with new etc...Brilliant

This new author is taking this to a new, deeper level and it's going to shake off the fans who are a bit, um, peripherally challenged? Is that p.c. enough?

FANTASTIC issue..

Quote Originally Posted by Marchosias View Post
    The seasonal metaphor King uses is brilliant....Cyclical redundancy, replacing old with new etc...Brilliant

This new author is taking this to a new, deeper level and it's going to shake off the fans who are a bit, um, peripherally challenged? Is that p.c. enough?

FANTASTIC issue..
    That is what happened with Grayson in some of the bad reviews, All his works have a deeper meaning to them that does not explain it to you in long narration boxes.