Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Legion of Super-Heroes#3 preview

It comes out this Wednesday and Newsarama has a preview up finally. Check it:

https://www.newsarama.com/48583-robi...-heroes-3.html

Is it me or does Bendis make every Legionnaire sound the same - kinda like Westworld robots or something...

I don't think so at all. I feel his Bendis speak works really well for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Is it me or does Bendis make every Legionnaire sound the same - kinda like Westworld robots or something...
    This has probably been a pretty consistent criticism of the book, on-top of how he doesn't seem to know how to write Damian dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This has probably been a pretty consistent criticism of the book, on-top of how he doesn't seem to know how to write Damian dialogue.
    But this isn’t anything new. He’s been like this for ages over at Marvel. Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    But this isn’t anything new. He’s been like this for ages over at Marvel. Heh.
    People always talk about how Millar's past his prime when he writes something new, but I never see the same for Bendis. His writing fell off a cliff a long time ago.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He doesn't get jon's energy or personality right, yet he is constantly writing him. Damian just popsup once in a while. Be glad he isn't actively writing him. We have to expect this bendis attempt Supersons dynamic to be nothing compared to tomasi's.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Surprised no one pointed out the nice little tribute to Mike Grell in Dawnstar's name. "Dawnstar Gr'ell".
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

So from what I'm hearing about this series, much like in Milienium, the actual Legion is getting the shaft in their own comic. All largely have the same generic voice. Instead Bendis is going to be giving focus to the Super sons, probably because they're the most popular ones. Only Bendis's Damian and Jonathan are both by far the worst versions of themselves.
    Again I'm not personally reading this, but from what I'm seeing, not sure why anyone would.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Surprised no one pointed out the nice little tribute to Mike Grell in Dawnstar's name. "Dawnstar Gr'ell".
    Appreciate the nod, although it sounds too goofy a last name for Dawny in my opinion.l

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    So from what I'm hearing about this series, much like in Milienium, the actual Legion is getting the shaft in their own comic.
    As far as the two issues we have so far go, nah, that's a pretty inaccurate summation of the content of the book right now. The main focus has been Ultra Boy, if any singular character is to be described like that. Rose functions as the Legion's representative to the United Planets' president, but even she only really came into any amount of focus just last issue, and even then the topic of discussion was the Legion and its actions. Jon primarily functions as our eyes and ears to asks the questions we would, but he has yet to go on a mission or really even officially join the team.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yes, they all do. None of their personalities have really been shown yet.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

This book is becoming more and more a train wreck with each new issue. I'm done with it.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I'm really liking this preview. I know that the Nostalgia Fanatics hate it, but I don't, and I hope this series will last a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I'm really liking this preview. I know that the Nostalgia Fanatics hate it, but I don't, and I hope this series will last a long time.
    I dont think it's fair to dismiss criticism of the book as just people not getting their nostalgia fix. My main criticism is that Bendis has barely tried to show us who they are. The Legion has mostly been shown together talking over each other in a gaggle, with little differentiation between them. There are still characters we know literally nothing about.