View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1036 of 1444 FirstFirst ... 365369369861026103210331034103510361037103810391040104610861136 ... LastLast
Results 15,526 to 15,540 of 21657

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    Picked up the House of Secrets Omnibus. Hopefully this will sell well enough to lead to more DC bronze age horror.
    One comment on it is that a number of the covers look like scans of original covers possibly.

Can someone post some interiors? Really interested in this one.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The January sales results for HC/Omni books was posted in the Marvel thread. The poster noted the lone DC stand out which was the Superman Golden Age Omnibus vol.5

Superman The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 5: 630 units sold

Now, I've not been keeping a solid track of these books everytime but 630 units does not seem any larger than vol.3 or 4 were.
    There was speculation that since this vol. 5 was going to contain Golden Age material not previously collected that it was likely those DC Archive folks would come on board.
    Seems they did not. How worried should we be at the possible demise of the GA line of books then or at least leaving them incomplete with content still available?

Hopefully my memory is fairly right ant 630 is roughly in line with the last few volumes, marginal drops and all. How marginal can subsequent volumes go and DC still feel like producing and completing GA Supes/Bats would be my question?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The January sales results for HC/Omni books was posted in the Marvel thread. The poster noted the lone DC stand out which was the Superman Golden Age Omnibus vol.5

Superman The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 5: 630 units sold

Now, I've not been keeping a solid track of these books everytime but 630 units does not seem any larger than vol.3 or 4 were.
    There was speculation that since this vol. 5 was going to contain Golden Age material not previously collected that it was likely those DC Archive folks would come on board.
    Seems they did not. How worried should we be at the possible demise of the GA line of books then or at least leaving them incomplete with content still available?

Hopefully my memory is fairly right ant 630 is roughly in line with the last few volumes, marginal drops and all. How marginal can subsequent volumes go and DC still feel like producing and completing GA Supes/Bats would be my question?

This is just comic book store sales I believe? This doesn't include the Amazons and Barnes and Nobles etc?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Hopefully my memory is fairly right ant 630 is roughly in line with the last few volumes
    Vol 5 is doing a little better than Vol 4 so far. So it's "in line."

May 2017 04 32 Superman The Golden Age Omnibus HC Vol. 4 $75.00 DC 622

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...7/2017-05.html

I forgot Vol 5 came out and just had my LCS special order it.

I hope everyone supports all the Golden, Silver, Bronze labeled Omnibuses (if they can afford so). I'm really enjoying the Green Arrow GA Vol 1.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-14-2018 at 03:01 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Incredible Member

This weeks trades:

Batman Legacy volume 2

Batman 534
    Bane 1 (one shot)
    Bane of the Demon 1-4
    Shadow of the Bat 54
    Catwoman 36
    Detective Comics 701-702
    Robin 32-33

Nightwing vol 7: Shrike

Nightwing 54-60
    Nightwing: Our Worlds at War 1
    Nightwing: The Target

(Side note - Nightwing volume 8 will finally start collecting issues from this series that were never collected before)

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Batman Legacy volume 2
    Batman 534
    Bane 1 (one shot)
    Bane of the Demon 1-4
    Shadow of the Bat 54
    Catwoman 36
    Detective Comics 701-702
    Robin 32-33
    I have to wait a week for mine from my LCS, but I'm so happy about this. Now I can custom bind Contagion/Legacy into a work of art. As I did with NML and Knightfall.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I have to wait a week for mine from my LCS, but I'm so happy about this. Now I can custom bind Contagion/Legacy into a work of art. As I did with NML and Knightfall.
    My main hope now is that DC might start releasing collections of Chuck Dixon's uncollected run from Detective Comics (683-694, 703-718) and a "Brotherhood of the Fist" collection of the 4 part story

Spectacular Member

DV3YG2SW0AA_WDF.jpg
    DV3YG2RXcAA_9aB.jpg

Excited to see the Sheriff of Babylon hardcover coming out soon.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

This is just comic book store sales I believe? This doesn't include the Amazons and Barnes and Nobles etc?
    I do not know the answer to that question. Maybe someone else might.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    My main hope now is that DC might start releasing collections of Chuck Dixon's uncollected run from Detective Comics (683-694, 703-718) and a "Brotherhood of the Fist" collection of the 4 part story
    My god, you & I think alike. I want Dixon Tec collected so badly. DC just has to be smart about it and realize they can skip some "event" issues during it (that are already in Contagion, Legacy, etc).

They've done some Moench/Jones, but Dixon Tec was going on at the same time. It's a great little run.

Spectacular Member

Did they abandon the Birds of Prey and Cassandra Cain reprints? I was kind of impressed with DC commitment to reprint the 2000's Batfamily books between Nightwing, Catown and Robin, but I hope they haven't written off these two lesser books. Much of the Cassandra Cain run hasn't been reprinted.
    trying to be nicer

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

This is correct.

I do not know the answer to that question. Maybe someone else might.
    As I wrote in my post on the Marvel Collected Thread:

"please note this list only details those comics sold to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond"

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jay View Post
    Did they abandon the Birds of Prey and Cassandra Cain reprints? I was kind of impressed with DC commitment to reprint the 2000's Batfamily books between Nightwing, Catown and Robin, but I hope they haven't written off these two lesser books. Much of the Cassandra Cain run hasn't been reprinted.
    I really hope they didn't abandon these series, although it's starting to look that way. The current reprints of Nightwing, Robin, and BoP started around the same time, but only the latter has fallen way behind...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

The Superman Golden Age Omnibus Diamond figures are as follows:

Vol. 1 - 1,090 (June 2013)
    Vol. 2 - 802 (July 2016)
    Vol. 3 - 699 (December 2016)
    Vol. 4 - 622 (May 2017)
    Vol. 5 - 630 (January 2018)

Spectacular Member

I'm not much of a Batman reader, but...
    Does the Morrison omnibus coming out cover his Batman & Robin run? I have those three, Son, RIP, the first Incorporated and Black Glove as stand alone HC's. Don't really need it if the omnibus is just most of that. I don't actually know what I'm still missing either. As I was getting them they were confusing me with those titles and then also different formats which kinda put me off. And I just didn't know how to read them, as Batman was doing that lost in time thing like Logan (I'd quit Marvel by then so from a stand-offish point of view it looked like those two characters were doing the same kinda thing)...

All I wanted was more Morrison. Figure I might try and complete this story or save up for the omni.

Oh yeah, and I think I bought Final Crisis as a bagged set of the floppies.
    Last edited by koonfasa; 02-15-2018 at 03:25 AM.