Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Mind. Blown.

I loved everything that as in it. Superman was rocking it, the Dark Knights were terrific and, well, I love this event.

Spectacular Member

This was great, and continues to be epic and fun, I also think especially with what was mentioned in this issue, this story could/should give us some insight into what's been going on with Shazam.

Always Rakzo

Thought this was solid. A bit too overexpository at times like (like most of Snyder's works) but had a good build-up and enough emotional moments to compensate for it. I also loved that the Oblivion Bar appeared here.

Capullo's art is outstanding as usual.

Damn, so much going on.

I want more Detective Chimp .

And yeah, Kendra definitely has all the memories of her past lives back. She wouldn't be acting like she has more experience then Wonder Woman if she didn't.

Spectacular Member Embryonic Superman's Avatar

I can't help but notice the similarities to Final Crisis, especially the whole notion of the Earth being sucked down into the darkness. It's more or less what happened in FC as well, albeit as a side effect rather than a goal. Part of me wonders if it's intentional, given the obvious ties to that storyline with Batman, the Omega Sanction, and Barbatos.

Spectacular Member

I'm also thinking Barbatos may be the Dark Multiverse's Monitor, which makes me wonder if we'll have a Nix Uaton cameo. But really, really want to see more interaction with Dream, which I'm sure we'll get, potentially in the Batman Lost issue.

Well the 'Metal' title makes sense now give how vibrations and music affect the multiverse in #3
    That little panel with spoilers:
    Nightmaster's
    end of spoilers head being skewered with his own sword was just sick.
    Also kinda funny to see Dawnbreaker almost being treated like BWL's little servant
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

BANNED

couldn't superman tell that nightwing and wonder woman were right instead of trying a desperate rescue mission? he has shown becoming increasingly emotional in his decisions and interactions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I want more Detective Chimp .

And yeah, Kendra definitely has all the memories of her past lives back. She wouldn't be acting like she has more experience then Wonder Woman if she didn't.
    While that is true, it was also an opportune moment for Diana to say: "Yes, and you've died about a thousand times."

Hated this Damian hugging Clark gag
    Damian smacking Dick BS Those two are my favourites so not happy with how Synder is misrepresenting their dynamic however very happy that Dick was proven right in the end.
    The rest of the book might have been interesting but because Dick and Damian are pretty much the only reason why I read comics in the 1st place my enjoyment of a story largely depends on how they are handled. I came away from h=this feeling very pissed off.

BANNED

Having read it now... get the real sense that Snyder has moved out of his comfortzone and doesn't really seem at all prepared to handle characters he hasn't spent much time on before.
    His Superman for instance, is emotionally volatile and seems to be pretty easy to distract... like he's off the handle as soon as Lois, Jimmy or Jon is in the crosshairs, and he looses sight of the big picture, as in saving the multiverse. And then he goes off to get Bruce despite how everyone, save Damian, tells him not to.
    And then there's Damian, whom for some reason Snyder didn't write very much while he was on Batman despite Damian being the one Robin who actually remained in Gotham. He is coming off as approaching hysterical, he wants his dad... and Dick is just about the last person he'd lash out against in this manner. Actually I would say Damian would not lash out at all, because if anything he's the one who'd still buy into the notion of Batman being infallible and that it would be best for everyone to follow his (Damians) lead till he gets back.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Well, Action Comics is wrapped up in a big arc at the moment, and Superman has apparently been having some behind-the-scenes issues that probably would have made a tie-in hard to schedule ahead of time. Almost wish they had though. Probably would have been better than this last Deathstroke arc.
    Action Comics is on part 3 of the five part Oz Effect storyline, which ties into the big Rebirth mystery through Mr Oz.

An ok issue. Snyder is using a lot of dialogue to explain what is actually happening. Mr. Terrific and Superman explain (to the reader) about the dark Multiverse and how to get there reminded me of Futurama when they poked fun at how Star Trek would try to explain some far out scientific concept and sum it up with a simple analogy. “Like a balloon...and something that happens!”

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Having read it now... get the real sense that Snyder has moved out of his comfortzone and doesn't really seem at all prepared to handle characters he hasn't spent much time on before.
    His Superman for instance, is emotionally volatile and seems to be pretty easy to distract... like he's off the handle as soon as Lois, Jimmy or Jon is in the crosshairs, and he looses sight of the big picture, as in saving the multiverse. And then he goes off to get Bruce despite how everyone, save Damian, tells him not to.
    And then there's Damian, whom for some reason Snyder didn't write very much while he was on Batman despite Damian being the one Robin who actually remained in Gotham. He is coming off as approaching hysterical, he wants his dad... and Dick is just about the last person he'd lash out against in this manner. Actually I would say Damian would not lash out at all, because if anything he's the one who'd still buy into the notion of Batman being infallible and that it would be best for everyone to follow his (Damians) lead till he gets back.
    This is pretty much how Superman has been since Rebirth. His main focus now is Jon. At times it seems like he’s just a worried father and no longer the champion of humanity. Obviously there’s nothing wrong with a father showing concern for his child but it seems like that’s the focus of most of his recent stories. One of the reasons why I’m not a big fan of Jon.

what happened to nightwing, robin and green arrow after the portal?