Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Y'Know? Grey Ghost would make a great Roaring '20s predecessor to the early heroes like The Crimson.
    Predecessor? I think he can straight hang with Crimson Avenger, Sandman, Dr. Occult, and other more pulpy proto-superhero types.

Although he may conflict with DC had another Jonah Hex Confederate villain called the Gray Ghost

Last edited by Güicho; 04-29-2020 at 04:18 AM.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Predecessor? I think he can straight hang with Crimson Avenger, Sandman, Dr. Occult, and other more pulpy proto-superhero types.

Although he may may conflict with DC had another Jonah Hex Confederate villain called the Gray Ghost

True, but GG would be just one more among the crowd if he was The Crimson's and The Sandman's contemporary. It would be cool to preserve one of (IMO) the essential elements of the character's original facets: serving as an inspiration to other heroes.

As for the other GG, with the number of Flashes we've had, I doubt that's too much of an issue.

Would love to see Wildcat Yolanda Montez brought back.
    Maybe as La Garra.
    Last edited by Güicho; 12-14-2018 at 01:41 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by fishing-for-birdie View Post
    DC easily has my favorite comic book universe of all time but I typically find that I prefer their lesser known characters to their more mainstream heroes.
    I am genuinely curious about what everyones favorite B list characters are and why.

I have a few that I really enjoy:

1. Swamp Thing - Easily my favorite comic book character of all time. He has great powers, a rich mythos and an interesting perspective on plant life.
    Seconded.

More than Swamp Thing himself though I like his true love Abby Holland nee Arcane. She's compassionate, caring, strong, beautiful. I adore her.

So as you can imagine I'm really hoping that the DC streaming service becomes available in my country, or at least the shows become available elsewhere.

I also really like Dolphin. I was delighted to see her return in Rebirth and I hope she'll be in "Aquaman 2." I loved how she helped Aquaman regain his confidence and how she helped save Mera's life even though Mera is her "competition" for Aquaman.

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post

1. Swamp Thing - Easily my favorite comic book character of all time. He has great powers, a rich mythos and an interesting perspective on plant life.

Seconded.

More than Swamp Thing himself though I like his true love Abby Holland nee Arcane. She's compassionate, caring, strong, beautiful. I adore her.

So as you can imagine I'm really hoping that the DC streaming service becomes available in my country, or at least the shows become available elsewhere.
    Yeah Abigail Arcane and Swamp Thing are about to get another big push with the upcoming TV series.

I also really like Dolphin. I was delighted to see her return in Rebirth and I hope she'll be in "Aquaman 2." I loved how she helped Aquaman regain his confidence and how she helped save Mera's life even though Mera is her "competition" for Aquaman.

Glad she's back... not sure how Mera feals about it.?
    Last edited by Güicho; 12-15-2018 at 03:22 PM.

Spectacular Member

Kid Eternity

Quote Originally Posted by SelinaK12 View Post
    Kid Eternity
    They've tried relaunching him a few times, with limited success.
    I think they should better connect him to a few of the other neglected classic Quality Comic characters.
    )Although separate from the Freedom Fighters who are already their own team) .
    Maybe develop him on a team book with.

Plasticman
    Alias the Spider
    Firebrand
    Invisible Hood
    Lady Luck
    Madame Fatal
    Neon the Unknown
    Quicksilver (as Max Mercury)
    Raven
    The Red Bee
    Torchy
    Wildfire (Carol Vance Martin) reintroduce her.

Incredible Member

Yeah Abigail Arcane and Swamp Thing are about to get another big push with the upcoming TV series.
    I'm so excited about that. Even if DC Universe (where the series is going to be streamed) doesn't become available in the UK, surely the shows on it will eventually become viewable elsewhere.

Yeah

Glad she's back... not sure how Mera feals about it.?
    Yeah Dolphin's great.

I could be mistaken but as far as I know Dolphin and Mera have only had one scene together in which Mera was barely conscious and dying (where she'd lost the ability to breath underwater and Aquaman saved her), meaning they've had no real interaction.

If so that's a missed opportunity. There should be a moment where (after Mera has returned to Atlantis) Aquaman introduces them. It would be very interesting. On the one hand Mera would realise that Dolphin loves Arthur (and would not be happy about that), but at the same time she'd appreciate that Dolphin has done a lot of good for Atlantis and Arthur himself. Plus who can blame her for falling for a great guy like Arthur?

Likewise Dolphin would feel some jealousy/envy but would also realise that Mera hasn't actually done anything malicious and so would probably feel bad for resenting her.

Arthur of course would be completely oblivious to all this.

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post

If so that's a missed opportunity. There should be a moment where (after Mera has returned to Atlantis) Aquaman introduces them. It would be very interesting. On the one hand Mera would realise that Dolphin loves Arthur (and would not be happy about that), but at the same time she'd appreciate that Dolphin has done a lot of good for Atlantis and Arthur himself. Plus who can blame her for falling for a great guy like Arthur?

Likewise Dolphin would feel some jealousy/envy but would also realise that Mera hasn't actually done anything malicious and so would probably feel bad for resenting her.

Arthur of course would be completely oblivious to all this.
    Would love to see all of that pursued.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderboy12 View Post
    Vibe
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Vibe is another one for me. It lasted longer than some of my other favs, but when it ended, he sadly disappeared from the DC Universe spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by SelinaK12 View Post
    Vibe- Cisco Ramon ( they killed him in CW Flash and he has been absent in comics for a loong time)l
    Were you just talking about the past episode where they just fake his death, and he's back before the end of the ep.?
    That hardly counts as "they killed him in CW Flash"
    And I just watched part three of the Elseworlds crossover, what the heck are you talking about? Vibe doesn't die.

Anyone? Something I missed?
    Last edited by Güicho; 12-17-2018 at 12:51 PM.

Incredible Member

Would love to see all of that pursued.
    Thank you very much.

Spectacular Member

[QUOTE=Güicho;4082577]They've tried relaunching him a few times, with limited success.
    I think they should better connect him to a few of the other neglected classic Quality Comic characters.
    )Although separate from the Freedom Fighters who are already their own team) .
    Maybe develop him on a team book with.

They tried putting him on the teen titans and they changed his origin and personality which i didn't like from making him a servant of the lords of chaos to making Mr.Keeper evil. The reason for his limited success is probably because of his awful origin retell by Morrison(in vertigo and teen titans). Hopefully he appears in the rebirth Shazam Comic as Freddy's younger brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Gonna comment on a few of these...

The Legion is the best team in all of comics, my personal favorite members being Ferro and Gates.
    Static and the Devils really deserve to have better people writing them.
    Deadman is pretty cool, my personal favorite appearance of his being when he teamed up with a grown-up Secret.
    and Genius Jones is a character I only really know as a member of Team Thirteen, which, holy **** DC, Traci is already in Superwoman, call up Brian Azzarello, and bring back Team Thirteen!
    Traci Thirteen's origin story, the 4-part "Lost Hearts," never said that her dad was the man known as the Ghost-Breaker. In fact an early bio-summary of Traci called him "Mister Thirteen," not "Doctor Thirteen."

For me, no "Team Thirteen" can be complete without this woman with her husband:

Marie Leeds Thirteen was the Golden-Age fiancée and Silver-Age wife of Doctor Terrence Thirteen, "the Ghost-Breaker." Since Marie and Terry were both White, whoever decided to make the half-Asian Traci Terry's daughter simply ignored Marie's existence, replacing her with a dead Asian woman named Mei Hui Lan. However DC does it, I want Terrence and Marie Thirteen reunited as husband and wife. They've been my favorite DC couple for nearly five decades. He was at his best with her by his side.
    Last edited by Anodyne; 02-09-2019 at 04:53 PM.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

I guess it all depends on how you define lesser known...

Among my favorite DC characters that are not marquee names...

Spectre (Jim Corrigan)
    Dr. Fate
    Madame Xanadu
    Phantom Stranger
    Warlord (Travis Morgan)
    Starfire I (not Koriand'r but the sword and science heroine)
    Adam Strange
    Amethyst
    Arion
    Vixen
    Creeper
    Richard Dragon
    Sgt. Rock
    Danny the Street
    Crazy Jane
    Demon (Etrigan)
    Kamandi
    Baron Winters
    The Scare Tactics gang
    Black Orchid
    Doctor Occult
    Rose and Thorn
    Crimson Avenger
    The Question (Vic Sage)

the Hawks (Hawkman and Hawkwoman/Hawkgirl) are also among my favorites but they might qualify as marquee as they have had prominent roles in other media recently but used to qualify as lesser known)

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Spectacular Member

I recently became interested in Flamebird and Kid Devil

Constable of Continuity Gero4568's Avatar

1. The Question - The idea of a detective beating the heck out of people amuses me. Also, Ditko's exploration of Obectivism using the Question back in the Charlton days was an interesting concept at the time.
    2. Zodiac Master - I somehow feel like there's a lot more backstory for this character than is presented in the comics. (For his appearences, see Detective #323, and Batgirl and the Birds of Prey #7).
    3. Big Sir - He's just too laughable to not like.
    4. Dark Flash - I always found him to be a weird version of the Flash. In the sense that he is one of the darkest versions out there.
    5. Ambush Bug - He screws everything up for everyone. Also, his early villainy makes it even better.