Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Among billionaires.
    Vast majority of the Tax Burden is on the middle class. They also get audited all the time but don't have the resources and time to fight it.

It just doesn't make the news.

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    I'm no Dr Strange expert but he's often drawn with his fingers shaped in a certain way, usually with the index and pinkie finger pointed up, when he's casting spells. Spellcasting may require general hand patterns as opposed to accurate surgical precision.
    I hope you're right, because otherwise Stephen just making arbitrary vogue gestures for the lulz would reduce my respect for him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    I hope you're right, because otherwise Stephen just making arbitrary vogue gestures for the lulz would reduce my respect for him.
    Maybe he's just a really big Ronnie James Dio fan?

It’s a Ditko thing. Check out Stephen’s hand gestures then check out Spidey’s web-spinning hand gestures.

I think Steve Ditko just knew somebody with really bad arthritis or something.

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    If World War Hulk went after the Illuminati members (Reed, Stark, Strange, Xavier) and we switched off PIS for these characters, would Hulk have been as threatening as he was made out to be?
    Not even remotely. He might beat Reed and Stark assuming no prep but it would be a fight. Strange would drop him in an instant. Even crushing Strange's hands required the P.I.S. of pretending Strange needs his hands to do anything, that he has no auto-defenses and that he couldn't sense that coming and that he's stupid. Xavier probably creates similar problems.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    Im just mentioning why he and Namor didn’t battle. Namor was part of the Illuminati.

It was a spur of the moment fight with the FF really.

Idk how durable Thanos is in comparison but Thanos is said to be concerned about him.
    Problem with that statement is Thanos has consistent high end durability feats that eclipse any damage output from WW/WB Hulk. Feats > statements. Thanos durability is rated on Rumbles as the stuff of legend.

The scream did mess up the moon and that was more damage then Black Bolts scream did in infinity.

He did beat iron man latest HB armor but I think there was better tech Ironman couldn’t access.when he did he beat Hulk fast.

I don’t believe that was Dr Strange astral form, he broke his physical hands if I remember correctly. Strange was also merged with a pretty powerful demon.
    Xom. Yeah, an entity far beyond Hulk. IIRC, Strange only invoked a fraction of that power against WW Hulk.

I haven’t read much Hulk but I found it to be pretty impressive.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Vast majority of the Tax Burden is on the middle class. They also get audited all the time but don't have the resources and time to fight it.

True, very true

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Problem with that statement is Thanos has consistent high end durability feats that eclipse any damage output from WW/WB Hulk. Feats > statements. Thanos durability is rated on Rumbles as the stuff of legend.

Xom. Yeah, an entity far beyond Hulk. IIRC, Strange only invoked a fraction of that power against WW Hulk.
    I get what you’re saying I guess fanboys just get me jaded on Thanos even though I like the character. He’s been getting murdered a lot lately anyway

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post

I still really liked WWH but he did come with help and the earth was unprepared. But sure they could just remove him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    I get what you’re saying I guess fanboys just get me jaded on Thanos even though I like the character. He’s been getting murdered a lot lately anyway
    We generally try and avoid using the word ‘fanboys’ as a pejorative term. It can get a bit inflammatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    We generally try and avoid using the word ‘fanboys’ as a pejorative term. It can get a bit inflammatory.
    Oh, that's kinda his thing.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Oh, that's kinda his thing.
    A combination of denial and projection.

So, Sentry alone I think is (was) capable of dusting off WWH on his own. Sentrys fight with Genis Vel is a likely indicator of that. Energy exchanges could be seen from the microverse. I believe Robert also broke Hulks bones pretty easily in his Void form.

Edit, oh never mind. Sentry isnt illuminati.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

A combination of denial and projection.
    Or channeling his inner Hul-

Yea both of those things.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post

This is terrifyingly false. The IRS has had their staff crippled over the years, and audit less than 0,1% of the returns of households making less than 200 thousand dollars. They audit a MUCH higher percentage of households making more than that.

Yes, most of the taxes paid are paid by the middle class, but that's because most of the money is earned by the middle class, depending on how one defines it.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan