19 16.24%
  • No

78 66.67%
  • Maybe

20 17.09%
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    There should be an edict pertaining to X-Men/Krakoa threads with the word "cult" in the title.
    Or any whiny “Krakoa is bad” thread for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Is this part of Hickman's plan to make readership question things like "Hey, how does 'Make More Mutants' apply when a mutant woman wants to terminate her pregnancy"?

Are we supposed to feel like somethings up, and we should be worried about what lies under the surface of paradise?

In other words, is this Jonathan Hickman really the biggest troll that X-fans have ever seen?
    If you want it to, then sure.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I think its suppose to be something that could make people feel uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Doesn’t feel like a cult to me. With the ability to cheat death, knowledge of how to best secure their future and a new mission dedicated to the survival and advancement of their species it makes sense that they will have new practices, rituals, and ceremonies and create new traditions to go along with the new status quo.
    Right on. It's exciting to watch them create something new.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

It's been weeks since there were any cultlike scenes in any book; even the rave has slowed down. I think either the creators heard these complaints or it was just a misinterpretation by everyone.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

No.
    Not "everyone". Not even close.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

I think so, we're just in a lull, a normal period. Just give it time.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I would like to see more pavement and fewer vines on Krakoa. For all the complaints about humans being banned from there, it's not a place I'd willingly visit. It looks dirty.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I think its suppose to be something that could make people feel uncomfortable.
    Some people, apparently… not every people. Or Hickman has failed in his work.

I think that the conclusion of the other thread was that Hickman's run was cultish… Intentionally or not… hard to say.
    Some people think that Hickman is clever. So maybe it's intentional.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Something can be uncomfortable yet interesting. I think the idea though is that things are strange, to give more reason to humans fearing mutants and their attempt to rapidly develop a new culture. And as much as we as readers might relate to mutants we are humans.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-12-2020 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I would like to see more pavement and fewer vines on Krakoa. For all the complaints about humans being banned from there, it's not a place I'd willingly visit. It looks dirty.
    I suppose you are not a farm boy…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Something can be uncomfortable yet interesting. I think the idea though is that things are strange, to give more reason to humans fearing mutants and their attempt to rapidly develop a new culture. As much as we as readers might relate to mutants we are humans.
    Strangely, a lot of X-men readers seem to forget that…

The only thing that felt cult like was the first resurrection ceremony and how much that bothers you depends on your view on religion and customs. If you view most religions and some ceremonies/events being cult like anyways then yeah I can see this feeling off to a person. If you have some level of comfort of new religion,customs or ceremonies popping up then Krakoa isn't going to bother you as much as another person. It is a person to person thing I think at least on that angle of the argument most of the other stuff like Xavier or Krakoa are controlling people or the X-men are pod people so far have been proven false fan theories.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 01-12-2020 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Because it's referred to as an edict?
    I hope people are this literal with everything they do in life.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Uh it's definitely meant to have an eerie tone to it all? I mean the person behind everything is Moira who Hickman has already revealed that she hides stuff even from her closest allies