Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    The point isn't being missed, one character is simply liked more more than the other. If Nova was in Krakoa she would magically be liked, because Hickman put her on Krakoa but since she isn't she's an outsider.
    Who likes Selene? Maybe I'm not the forgiven type but I certainly not forget when she tried to kill Rachel and killed the man who helped her.
    It was Selene's nature but she didn't seem very regretful and she wasn't supposed to be sympathetic.
    Both Cassandra and Selene look like psychopaths.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Who likes Selene? Maybe I'm not the forgiven type but I certainly not forget when she tried to kill Rachel and killed the man who helped her.
    It was Selene's nature but she didn't seem very regretful and she wasn't supposed to be sympathetic.
    I like both Nova and Selene, they're great villains with great potentials. I'm curious about what is keeping Selene on the island and wheter she's been promised something to be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I like both Nova and Selene, they're great villains with great potentials. I'm curious about what is keeping Selene on the island and wheter she's been promised something to be nice.
    It's not what I meant by 'like'.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    To be fair, thats not a valid take, there are mutants that could harm others, they just dont do it.

Selene choose to do it without any influence. Attempt of murder is still a crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Attempted murder is a crime. You don't actually have to kill people to be a criminal. Going around trying to kill people is enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    How are you still missing the point that attempting to murder the world is still a crime?
    I meeeean I get that but who is going to arrest her for a crime committed thousands of years ago? Or on the barren island of Genosha...Whose jurisdiction would it fall under? She's granted amnesty on KraKoa, what country is gonna try to extradite her?
    The point isn't being missed, one character is simply liked more more than the other. If Nova was in Krakoa she would magically be liked, because Hickman put her on Krakoa but since she isn't she's an outsider.
    I mean I lilke Selene more than Nova but it has nothing to do with one being on KraKoa and everything to do with Selene's hair. I'm not sure where Youre getting your conclusions from since you arent reading the books but they are wildly off the mark.
    #jussayin
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

It was a response to a BroHomo post, not that others don't share that view. The prevailing opinion is that every villain gets a clean slate, so much so bringing up their past is seen as bad, while anyone else not on the island is considered "bad" for being an outsider. This is why Nova being left out is hypocrisy on Krakoa's part. Thee causes that she isn't a mutant and would destroy their country is besides the point, since you can say that about most villains who are on the Quiet Council. They'd probably give her a spot if she were there.

They are. Except Selene's nature is accepted while Nova's isn't. The measurement appears to be Hickman, if he writes her in it they'll accept her and Genosha goes away, like with Sinister and the Morlock massacre.

It's not what I meant by 'like'.
    Ops sorry. I think that's what Steel Inquisitor meant by like tho.

It was a response to a BroHomo post, not that others don't share that view. The prevailing opinion is that every villain gets a clean slate, so much so bringing up their past is seen as bad, while anyone else not on the island is considered "bad" for being an outsider. This is why Nova being left out is hypocrisy on Krakoa's part. Thee causes that she isn't a mutant and would destroy their country is besides the point, since you can say that about most villains who are on the Quiet Council. They'd probably give her a spot if she were there.

They are. Except Selene's nature is accepted while Nova's isn't. The measurement appears to be Hickman, if he writes her in it they'll accept her and Genosha goes away, like with Sinister and the Morlock massacre.
    Every mutant gets hamnesty. Nova isn't one. Done. Solved. Thread closed.

Astonishing Member

We both know that isn't the end of this.

All she has to do is copy a mutant's DNA and she's in as long as they think she can be valuable.

Schrödinger's Sinister is new.

lol HUNTTY! your gif game is strong!

All she has to do is copy a mutant's DNA and she's in as long as they think she can be valuable.

Schrödinger's Sinister is new.
    Well she'd be a mutate tho....but anyway thats not what keeping her off the island. As we've seen Shogo, Brian Braddock(?) chill there with no problem, Im sure Northstar husband is gonna be there. Longshot is probably there chllin. Soooo to continue spouting that Nova would be on KraKoa if she were a mutant is disingenuous
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    lol HUNTTY! your gif game is strong!

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    By that logic, Cassandra should in fact be on Krakoa. Especially since there’s no reason to believe that she still doesn’t have Trinary’s artificial empathy nanos still working on her.
    Wasn't it implied that she died in Rosencanny at the hands of O.N.E.? They were able to easily capture her because she put up no resistance, because she learned empathy in X-Men Red.

If O.N.E killed her (which is highly likely) and Xavier never bothered to make a copy of her mind with Cerebro (why would he?), goodbye Cassandra.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    So...it’s OK for mutants to prevent their evolutionary upgraded replacements, but it’s not OK for humans to do the same?
    that's an apple to McDonald's chicken nugget comparison. they aren't preventing evolutionary upgraded replacements because the homo novissima aren't a product of evolution, they are the result of humans usurping the natural evolutionary path out of genocidal contempt for mutant-kind. it's a subversion of nature and, much like if you only eat chicken nuggets to deprive people of fruit out of spite, ultimately a self-destructive path that's detrimental to both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Thank you I always get them both confused still same principle she´s called Xavier´s twin because she took his form but she's not related to him at all neither is she really a mutant.

Also, I think is wrong to believe Krakoa forgives mutants for being mutants, what they did with Apocalypse, Exodus, Selene, Mr. Sinister, etc all was a conditional alliance after they agreed to follow Krako's laws that alliance can be broken the moment they break those laws. The condition here is if they are willing to follow Krakoa's laws or they are not willing to follow Krakoa's laws, being a mutant is secondary to this first condition.
    I concur with this, I think this pretty much sums up the whole villains on Krakoa argument. IIRC Cassandra is de-powered and, at her core, a force of destruction aiming to eradicate mutant-kind. even if they wanted to bring her in what purpose would she serve and what are the odds she'll agree to go to Krakoa or behave? Mind you, Nova isn't even technically human let alone mutant and or proud of it. one can point to Sinister but they went to him before they knew he made himself a mutant AND his genetic expertise has been shown to serve a crucial role in their survival whether he's a mutant, human, both, or neither - Cassandra serves no such purpose. Sinister was an exception to the rule, not the standard, when we start getting into "well they can just graft mutant DNA and become mutants" then the question becomes why don't they just turn any and eveyone into mutannts. going back a bit, you can point to the crimes of Apocalypse, Magneto, Shaw, or Selene but they all are motivated by preservation (in Apoc and Mag's case mutant preservation, for Selene and Shaw self-preservation), no mutant survives what comes next, and thus have an incentive to stay in line. Otherwise, they stand trail and are punished by the other insanely powerful people on the council and have a seat next to Sabertooth or worse if they breach the terms of allegence. They may be on Krakoa but they aren't just running around willy-nilly, people keep purposefully ignoring that to make their points. Cassandra only wants genocidal destruction, and so, like Charles would give his life for the salvation of mutants, she would be inclined to let herself be destroyed WITH Krakoa if it meant the elimination of mutants.

look, I don't have anything against her joining up if they can make it make sense, maybe Hickman could pull a redemption for her out of nowhere, but logically that seems like an unlikely and unnecessary risk for Krakoa to take.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-14-2020 at 01:10 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Ultimate Member

Selene's mutation plays into her 'nature,' she (and Marius, and Proteus) kind of *have* to feed on the life-forces (or steal the bodies of) others just to survive, as a result of their literal nature.

Cassandra Nova, as far as I know, isn't biologically compelled to genocide. It's just, like, a hobby.

That said, *Sinister's* nature doesn't compel him to massacre Morlocks, either, so I totally agree that it seems all crimes are forgiven if you are camp enough, or a fabulous bitch. Cassie just doesn't have it. She wouldn't even know where to go looking for it... I mean, really, khakis and a pith helmet? Just, no.

BANNED

well, luckily you don't need to worry about that, since she's a mummudrai.

Her relation to xavier is about the astral plane rather than blood.
    Wanda was retconned out of being a mutant too.

Only other people hurt mutants now. Though if she was a mutant it will be forgiven, i mean they forgave sinister for morlock massacre, and shaw for collabing with kelly and ramping up sentinels.

BANNED

also didn't jean mindfuck Nova so now she feels empathy? It seemed that her "nature" of being a mummudrai created a delusion where nothing else but xavier and her mattered and she was spiting xavier by destroying things that mattered to him