Page 55 of 123 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Namor of Earth-1016 on the cover of Exiles (2001 series) #15. Here, Atlantis successfully invaded Latveria and the Exiles are helping Doom reclaim it.
    If I remember correctly, this was a pretty brutal version of Namor.... and did not come to a good end. However, Mckone's art was great!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    DC has taken advantage of Namor, that's for sure, between Aquaman and Black Adam. It's even more annoying, because Geoff Johns was here at Marvel before he went to DC and started writing both Aquaman and Black Adam. I'm pretty sure he wrote Namor at least once, if not more.
    Correct. After Busiek stepped down, Geoff Johns took over the Avengers and wrote Namor in four issues...

Avengers #58 (https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Avengers_Vol_3_58)
    Avengers #59 (https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Avengers_Vol_3_59)
    Avengers #60 (https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Avengers_Vol_3_60)
    Avengers #61 (https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Avengers_Vol_3_61)

Overall, I thought it was fine. Johns showed how much the Sub-Mariner regards Cap, while creating a bit of banter between Namor & Thor.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 04-18-2020 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

Mighty Member

I wonder if Thor had to battle Namor in order to get the power of the speedo or if Namor simply lent him an extra one as a way to promote the look and piss off new Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I wonder if Thor had to battle Namor in order to get the power of the speedo or if Namor simply lent him an extra one as a way to promote the look and piss off new Marvel.
    OMG! That is awesome!

Well, we do know that the Nazi' thought Namor's speedo had ... special properties.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Correct. After Busiek stepped down, Geoff Johns took over the Avengers and wrote Namor in four issues...

Avengers #58 (https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Avengers_Vol_3_58)
    Avengers #59 (https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Avengers_Vol_3_59)
    Avengers #60 (https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Avengers_Vol_3_60)
    Avengers #61 (https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Avengers_Vol_3_61)

Overall, I thought it was fine. Johns showed how much the Sub-Mariner regards Cap, while creating a bit of banter between Namor & Thor.
    Yep! Geoff Johns was the one that did the broken table and one of the infamous "laughing Namor" panels.

Mighty Member

Yep! Geoff Johns was the one that did the broken table and one of the infamous "laughing Namor" panels.

And ever since every writer has taken this seriously. I think Namor should be an Avenger more often. If only Jason Aaron's Avengers run would offer Namor membership and he would accept it, one can always hope.

I randomly came across this scan and couldn't believe what I was seeing lol. Had the creators here, never heard of Tiger Shark or Punisher before? This is like DareDevil choking out Thor or something.

OH! WOW!!!! JUST...SPEECHLESS!!!! So much greatness on that very first pinup page!!!! This is the one I'm waiting for!!! If only for the perfect artwork from McGuinness!!! Thanks for posting this IW, don't think I've been so excited for a Namor appearance in awhile, hopefully Jason Aaron's writing will follow suit. I like the reference to pollution and contamination from the surface world, lets see where all this goes. Just all the descriptions of the menaces from the surface world in that second page could spin a 12 issue maxi series! I gotta say it again that art is just GREAT! And Namor likes drinking his Sponge Bob protein smoothies extra salty! I'm not very familiar with Aaron's humor but hopefully he does shows some respect for Namor too, after all Aaron is the guy showing Namor could take on all the Avengers single handedly like in the old days.

Superhero Hype also posts some important description. I like this paragraph:
    "In Superhero Hype’s exclusive preview from Avengers #32, Jason Aaron and artist Ed McGuinness catch up with King Namor, the Sub-Mariner. Out of all of the Avengers’ current adversaries, Namor has the most legitimate issue. His kingdom is the seven seas, and it’s been violated by endless pollution. Now, Namor’s enemies are sending dolphins with lasers after him. That’s why he may be willing to make a deal with Earth’s mightiest villains."
    Here you go! I own this one now so I thought I’d share .

Since I’m here . A couple more to share :

Atlantis Attacks NYC by Duncan Rouleau

Namor by Angel Medina

A little something with Namor’s head on it by Alex Ross

Last edited by Subby1939; 04-20-2020 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Oh, he posts here? Well if he checks into this thread I offer my congratulations on getting this.
    Thanks a bunch

I know, right?! It's nice to know that Namor is capable of providing reparations while being accountable for his actions.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 04-20-2020 at 05:27 PM.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

And ever since every writer has taken this seriously. I think Namor should be an Avenger more often. If only Jason Aaron's Avengers run would offer Namor membership and he would accept it, one can always hope.
    I honestly think he can convincingly work on teams if the writers just motivate him enough with less stubbornness.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I randomly came across this scan and couldn't believe what I was seeing lol. Had the creators here, never heard of Tiger Shark or Punisher before? This is like DareDevil choking out Thor or something.

Retarded and stupid, totally pandering to the popularity of that character without making any sense. When Stan Lee, Roy Thomas or Jim Shooter were in charge that was inconceivable!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Subby1939 View Post
    Here you go! I own this one now so I thought I’d share .

Wow! Congratulations!!! And thanks for sharing!