Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default So how do you think they can disappoint us with Weapon X?

After some uninspiring announcements for new books so far with casts and ideas that seem uninteresting and have left fans displeased or with mixed emotions what could they possibly do wrong with Weapon X to carry on this trend? There is no way you can screw up a Weapon X book....Right?

Could this be the one book everyone gets excited for? Or will Fantomex be given a key role?
    In protest against Marvel's constant ignoring of Surge.

Weapon X stars the Weapon characters we don't know anything about. Whole new characters not including Wolverine, Deadpool, Sarbretooth or anyone.

Just Weapon XVI, XVIII and can't forget XIX on merry adventures.

Edit: I initially typed XII and XV but apparently these exist, and they suck, so lets assume they're guest stars
    Last edited by Kusanagi; 11-30-2016 at 08:19 PM.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

It's Marvel, of course they can.

I think the biggest disappointment would be actually making it star Sauron or take a Liefield-ian approach to the series. I am still holding out hope Bunn can do Blue and Weapon X.

BANNED

It'll probably star that detritus from Soule's previous Weapon X/Wolverines series.

I'm nervous. They could disappoint me by including mostly second-rate losers instead of the A-list Weapon X graduates. This book should have some combination of Logan, Laura, Sabretooth, Deadpool, Wild Child, Maverick, Kane, etc., plus maybe some other badasses who have tangential connections to the Weapon X mythos or mercenary/paramilitary backgrounds (e.g., Cable, Domino, Mystique). Maybe some other X-Force types like Psylocke and Archangel.

Oddball D-list characters like Sauron could be included, but should be the minority (1-2 of them) and not the majority (4-5).

Fantastic Member

If Sabretooth is in it or the leader and he's returned to his murderous ways, that would be a contributor for me. I also won't be too happy if the premise includes a mutant concentration camp like with one of the previous Weapon X volumes (or at least one that lasts for years), for some reason to me that idea was overly depressing and indicative of the X-Men's failure (even moreso than the usual "they'll never truly achieve Xavier's dream b/c then they have no reason to exist")

I hope it lives up to it's name and has to do with Weapon X related characters only. I'd want this to be presented as the "final" fight against the project so it can be put behind us. (We know this won't be the last anyway)

I'd prefer to see these characters appear in some form not necessarily as a team though.

Logan (An adamantium encased cameo lol)
    Wolverine (Laura)
    Maverick
    Sabretooth
    Old Man Logan
    Fantomex
    Silver Fox
    Deadpool
    Psylocke (Just because I love her)
    Mr Sinister
    Omega Red (Revive him yo)
    Others...

But I accepted that I probably won't be seeing many of these in the book, and that's ok. I still have my excitement for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    After some uninspiring announcements for new books so far with casts and ideas that seem uninteresting and have left fans displeased or with mixed emotions what could they possibly do wrong with Weapon X to carry on this trend? There is no way you can screw up a Weapon X book....Right?

Could this be the one book everyone gets excited for? Or will Fantomex be given a key role?
    Fantomex is the main character - and anyone who disagrees with him is wrong. Imagine him at his Mary-Suesiest. Now step away from the ledge and realize that it probably won't happen.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Fantomex is the main character - and anyone who disagrees with him is wrong. Imagine him at his Mary-Suesiest. Now step away from the ledge and realize that it probably won't happen.
    It seems incredibly likely unfortunately. With Quire's inclusion in Generation X, it's clear Marvel's affair with Morrison's worst creations is still burgeoning. Never mind the fact that even the Longshot mini outsold Fantomex's failed title, he will be continued to be pushed down our throats.

I didn't think it was possible to ruin Generation X and then they did so it is an inevitability that Weapon X will be a certified disaster. Only time will tell how.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Being completely honest, him being involved at all is an absolute dealbreaker to me.

If they don't put in Wolverine but instead have this be some sort of revival book for Logan.

We all know that no matter what they do like 80% of us X-Fans are bound to be disappointed and salty.

My guess is we'll get this today and Jean/Cable combo on Friday.