Thread: Wrestling WWE

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Vince loves Alberto, he's friends with his dad

he's getting another WWE run, shit he might show up tonight
    With Dos Cara or Mil Mascaras? Cause the later is his uncle

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Mil Mascaras is in the HoF so he must be the one Vince is cool with.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I agree. On top of being boring her level of skill is not at a level where it should be for her spot. She still needs to be carried through her matches and that's a bad look for someone who your pushing to be in the top of your division.
    The thing is, apart from Ember, Nikki and Sane you can make the arguement that Baszler is the most over female in NXT. And Ember at least will probably get called up pretty soon (wouldn't be shocked if Sanity got called up too).

I would be more bothered if she was on top of one of the womens divisions on the main roster. But in NXT, I wouldn't say she's the worst choice. Not that she's the best choice either, but there's not a whole lot of competition.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

ok. we got a big pot of queso, two big apple pies and 75 bucks worth of pizza and wings.

we are ready for WM!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    I don't think it's that. Well, OK maybe for some people. There's no accounting for the internet.

By and large though, and certainly speaking for myself, it's purely because her ringwork is so utterly boring. Now maybe that's in part due to how she's being booked and creative are actually telling her to downplay any actual wrestling and focus on her MMA style. Or maybe that's just all she has in her wheelhouse. Whatever the reason though, I've yet to see her have a breakout match, even before her time in NXT and certainly not since she joined the roster.

And in a division full of hugely talented women, seeing the belt go on a performer of Shayna's ability - with her bestest buddy Ronda at ringside - it's real hard not to see this being a case of "It's not what you know, it's who you know!"
    I dont find her boring, shes a grinder and I like that

outside of Kairi Sane and Bianca Belair, I really don't see any other performer on the NXT womens roster that measures up well with her

A triple threat match between Aries, Pentagón Jr and Rey Fenix will be the new main-event for Redemption.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i think i'm ready for mania.

Astonishing Member

RE: Takeover

really loved the whole show

seeing Baszler get a lot of stick, hell even prior to the match and I think its because she's not what wrestling fans expect a "female performer" to be

she's basically an angry butch and I think that scares a lot of "fans"
    It's that and the perceived favoritism.

At the end of the day, she is women's developmental champion. That's not a huge push.

I hope that Moon wins the Women Battle Royal tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    A triple threat match between Aries, Pentagón Jr and Rey Fenix will be the new main-event for Redemption.
    As good a match as that sounds, wasn't it exactly what we just saw at Impact vs LU? I suppose if they put some titles in there, it'll at least make it a bigger deal.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    so how did you watch back then??
    Outside of the Big 3 and occasionally a southern indy I may've stumbled upon while channel-surfing, I didn't until I finally got a job and started buying RF comps.

very interesting. there was a time i'd have to have a couple of beers to watch and just enjoy an RoH show to help me forget how annoying some of the fans were at the time
    '92 WCW was my go-to until I lost the tapes in a fire.

I dont find her boring, shes a grinder and I like that

outside of Kairi Sane and Bianca Belair, I really don't see any other performer on the NXT womens roster that measures up well with her
    There's also Nikki. Her and Bazler would be fun. But yeah... because of the nature of NXT, where women get called up to the main roster, you often have a problem with talent depth. Because so many women were called up for Absolution and the Riot Squad, you're largely left with May Young Classic women who haven't really had any storylines or developed characters yet.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    It's that and the perceived favoritism.

At the end of the day, she is women's developmental champion. That's not a huge push.

I hope that Moon wins the Women Battle Royal tonight.
    It'll be interesting to see how they handle the Womans' Battle Royal. Will they give it to a bigger established star, like a Becky or a Sasha or a Bayley, to make the thing feel more like a bigger deal. Or will they use it to help establish someone.

Ember is a good choice if it's the later, as part of me feels like she still never entirely recovered from the perception of sort of being a lame duck champ because she only won the belt after Asuka left. So it's a great way to help establish her for the main roster. Nikki Cross would be great in that position too.

BANNED

I don't think there is ANY perceived favoritism in this case, Baszler and Moon have had an ongoing thing - Baszler established herself as a 'dick' at the MYC in her match with Candice and ever since

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Well, won't be out of work till 7 pm central. This and a 20+ minute drive might mean I'll miss some things...I think.

...Then again, I bet most of the content I'll miss I'll mostly shrug about.

I don't think there is ANY perceived favoritism in this case, Baszler and Moon have had an ongoing thing - Baszler established herself as a 'dick' at the MYC in her match with Candice and ever since
    During the MYC WWE wouldn't shut up about her being a friend of Rousey and being one of the MMA horsewomen. We always had a shot of Rousey and her buddies during her entrances and exchange greetings at the end of her matches. Kinda hard not to think she's only getting the rub because of company she keeps.