Page 182 of 744 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232282682 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Nothing. I'm fine with Coates sticking around - even if the current arc feels a tad drawn out - but it just feels like the book is tee'd up for a change.

Coates has already put in a few years on BP, he's going to finish this current arc in a few months and sales have been somewhat sluggish. Most times that all adds up to a relaunch. Whether it will in this case, who knows?
    The thing is, they JUST had a relaunch. I think it can go at least another year before we get another.

Nothing. I'm fine with Coates sticking around - even if the current arc feels a tad drawn out - but it just feels like the book is tee'd up for a change.

Coates has already put in a few years on BP, he's going to finish this current arc in a few months and sales have been somewhat sluggish. Most times that all adds up to a relaunch. Whether it will in this case, who knows?
    it just relaunched 9 issues ago.

He put in a few years but he said he had 5 years outlined
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ahmed, Zdarsky, or Cates are my picks for next BP writer.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That sort of confused me too. The Lion God or Hathor would be the obvious counter part to Bast, but this was clearly a leopard (or Cheetah I guess). Granted Hathor can look however she wants (if it is Hathor and not some completely new goddess) but still.... if it is her, it's another departure, albeit a slight one, from the last time we saw Hathor in that Hercules book.

I suppose it could be as simple as movie synergy. Movie Killmonger had leopard spots on his suit.
    It's a Leopard because the Leopard has always been associated with Killmonger. Same reason its a Leopard in the movie. It's a reference to his Leopard Preyy. The whole idea is T'Challa has the black leopard, N'Jadaka has the yellow (?) leopard.

Anyone think that Coates' run is going to come to an end fairly soon?

He's been on it for quite awhile and his current run is not burning up the sales charts.
    I would be surprised if this is his last arc. It's reported to do well in trade, it's a big name, and I don't think the numbers are quite in cancellation range judged by Marvel's standards today. He claimed he has a five year arc. We'll see how the fourth arc does, but I do think he'll at least get that fourth arc.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I actually love Coates work and I love how he is ensuring that the other BP stories told are cohesive to what is happening in his book. I'm just so curious to see how he and manifold get back to earth and how their time in space will affect their relationships on earth in their realm timeline.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I actually love Coates work and I love how he is ensuring that the other BP stories told are cohesive to what is happening in his book. I'm just so curious to see how he and manifold get back to earth and how their time in space will affect their relationships on earth in their realm timeline.
    Shuri is running longer than I expected it would. And she is in black panther attire now. Tchalla might be in this space empire thing until the next movie drops. lol

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Shuri is running longer than I expected it would. And she is in black panther attire now. Tchalla might be in this space empire thing until the next movie drops. lol
    At one point Shuri's trade as one of the highest Marvel trades via preorders last month on Amazon.

On Kindle-the issues have done very well even beating Batman at times.

Vita Ayala is doing the next 2 issues and Miles & Ms Marvel are guest starring.

I would Shuri is going to be fine for at least 2 more volumes.

Remember we got another Avengers movie and doesn't she have another toy coming out in August?

I would be surprised if this is his last arc. It's reported to do well in trade, it's a big name, and I don't think the numbers are quite in cancellation range judged by Marvel's standards today. He claimed he has a five year arc. We'll see how the fourth arc does, but I do think he'll at least get that fourth arc.
    Current vol is top 400 as a trade but in the thousands as a digital trade.

The trades overall are probably doing way better than Marvel standards. In terms of black heroes he as NO competition aside from Kwanza Osajeyo's Black series and fellow Marvel mates Shuri, Moon Girl & Miles.

He's filling in that black hero void that Distinguishing Company has given up on.

They obviously determined Shuri was going ot chug along no matter what way before the first sales came out.

Sales are worse than WoW which got cancelled. It is quickly approaching Crew sales, which got cancelled the instant the second issue dropped

*shrug*

I guess selling 5 trades on amazon cancels that out right Beware?

I'm just so curious to see how he and manifold get back to earth and how their time in space will affect their relationships on earth in their realm timeline.
    What relationship lol?

Eden gonna double those uber rates after being sucked into a worm hole? Gonna charge a 150 dollar cleaning fee? Is a worm hole equivalent to some drunk chick puking in the backseat of an uber?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    This right here.

Go ahead and bring on Cates. I'll accept his ignoring of Canon since the last 3 years of canon have been a cluster anyway lol

I feel Ahmed would write the "best" book of the three.

Chip would write the most fun and laid back one.

Cates would likely cause a bunch of carnage but id be at the edge of my seat each issue

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    They obviously determined Shuri was going ot chug along no matter what way before the first sales came out.

Sales are worse than WoW which got cancelled. It is quickly approaching Crew sales, which got cancelled the instant the second issue dropped

*shrug*

What relationship lol?

Eden gonna double those uber rates after being sucked into a worm hole? Gonna charge a 150 dollar cleaning fee? Is a worm hole equivalent to some drunk chick puking in the backseat of an uber?
    well u know eden and shuri have a thing for each other. but how is he going to respond upon gettin his memory back and knowing his power was used to kill so many innocent people? and tchalla has a thing for nu-nakia. how will this impact his relationship once his memory returns? it's a lot that could possible occur from this.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

*shrug*

What relationship lol?

One factor which may play into the survival of certain books is online sales. Those are numbers we don't see, but obviously they factor into marvels bottom line. It's possible books like Shuri are doing better than what we see in pre-order numbers and we just don't know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    After seeing his work on BP quest, Redjack would be my first pick. But if he’s too busy than Evan Narcisse should take up the reigns.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    well u know eden and shuri have a thing for each other. but how is he going to respond upon gettin his memory back and knowing his power was used to kill so many innocent people? and tchalla has a thing for nu-nakia. how will this impact his relationship once his memory returns? it's a lot that could possible occur from this.
    That might actually be a good thing for Eden. He hasn't had a whole lot of story so far, but this potentially does change that.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

At some point, I'm going to have to read all the spinoff books I missed, including Shuri. Does anyone remember all the ones that existed? There's World of Wakanda, Black Panther & The Crew, Rise of the Black Panther, I seem to remember some kind of digital series, the one with the Dora Milaje teaming up with other Marvel characters, Killmonger, Shuri, Black Panther/Deadpool. Did I miss any?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    After seeing his work on BP quest, Redjack would be my first pick. But if he’s too busy than Evan Narcisse should take up the reigns.
    I'm just saying, while I'd love a shot, my take would pretty much erase everything that's currently happening in the books. And I mean everything. Not sure the fans or editorial would go for that.