Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by teddyeatsyourface View Post
    But you (general "you" not you specifically) can't really control someone's opinion like that especially if it's in an off-topic chat thread. If someone chooses to engage in a certain topic with another person then that's great but otherwise people can't be forced to interact with each other either if they don't want to.
    But i am not playing some zero-some game. It wasnt my determination to reboot the forum it was CBR management. there must have been enough evidence to do so.

besides Im asking what can be done to ensure behaviors dont repeat. All im hearing is it wasnt so bad. LOL
    It was bad enough that the forum got shut down..Not by my choice.

Spectacular Member Lycaon pictus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    There was this Asian young lady she even won X-poster of the month that was bullied out that would disagree.
    She must have been before my time. I don't remember her...?

But I will say that I was friendly with everyone, regardless of who their favorite character was.

BANNED

Wait, what do you mean by "textually threatened" ???
    You cant verbally threaten someone with words in a written text so i chose textually as in written threats.

But i am not playing some zero-some game. It wasnt my determination to reboot the forum it was CBR management. there must have been enough evidence to do so.

besides Im asking what can be done to ensure behaviors dont repeat. All im hearing is it wasnt so bad. LOL
    Pretty sure the forum didn't get a reboot because people were ignored in off-topic chat threads tho?

You cant verbally threaten someone with words so i chose text as in written threats.
    ?????????????????

I'm so confused by this. Someone threatened you physically/emotionally/mentally via text? And you never reported it?

BANNED

Pretty sure the forum didn't get a reboot because people were ignored in off-topic chat threads tho?
    I am sure it was accumulative. In this thread Posters chose to debate one instance i cited. kind of proving my point.

They ignored this:
    The forum became increasingly NEGATIVE..as posters had to defend characters or books they enjoyed while others did not. Now some of the regulars would say it was the new peoples fault or those who overstep their bounds--but that was biased opinion because what was really being said was " if you leave us alone to our groups there will be peace" a Phyrric victory for isolation.
    Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 05-04-2014 at 04:11 PM.

BANNED

?????????????????

I'm so confused by this. Someone threatened you physically/emotionally/mentally via text? And you never reported it?
    Die in a fire. or curse laden insults or worse is often taken in jest when seen or reported. Regardless of intent.

Spectacular Member Lycaon pictus's Avatar

Hard to say. I think anyone who threatens anyone else needs to be reported ASAP. Threats were (hopefully) taken seriously under the old rules, as well as the new.
    I think it's totally unrelated to in-group behavior in off topic threads though. Didn't the whole Teen Titans cover thing go down in the comments section for that review? I feel like the people who would do something like that aren't representative of CBR users as a whole.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lycaon pictus View Post
    Hard to say. I think anyone who threatens anyone else needs to be reported ASAP. Threats were (hopefully) taken seriously under the old rules, as well as the new.
    I think it's totally unrelated to in-group behavior in off topic threads though. Didn't the whole Teen Titans cover thing go down in the comments section for that review? I feel like the people who would do something like that aren't representative of CBR users as a whole.
    Did you witness any comic book bullying in so far as seeing groups of people tease an individuals tastes in a comic and later ostracizing that poster. I don't mean a tease or two but full on putdowns?

I am sure it was accumulative. In this thread Posters chose to debate one instance i cited. kind of proving my point.

They ignored this:
    The forum became increasingly NEGATIVE..as posters had to defend characters or books they enjoyed while others did not. Now some of the regulars would say it was the new peoples fault or those who overstep their bounds--but that was biased opinion because what was really being said was " if you leave us alone to our groups there will be peace" a Phyrric victory for isolation.
    Okay, but this is a forum. People are going to debate what is and what isn't likable. As such there is going to be negativity no matter how hard you try to avoid it.
    And aren't you being a little biased right? I mean you basically made this thread because you felt ignored and unwelcome by regular posters because they wouldn't engage in a conversation with you.

Like I said before, there's no way you can force someone to have the same opinion as you or make someone speak to you. This is a forum, and forums were created as a place to share and debate different ideals/opinions. I agree that things shouldn't get overtly negative but the reboot has pretty much made sure that everything will be viewed through hawk-like eyes and any unsavory posts will be deleted and the user dealt with.

What can be done?

BANNED

Okay, but this is a forum. People are going to debate what is and what isn't likable. As such there is going to be negativity no matter how hard you try to avoid it.
    And aren't you being a little biased right? I mean you basically made this thread because you felt ignored and unwelcome by regular posters because they wouldn't engage in a conversation with you.

Like I said before, there's no way you can force someone to have the same opinion as you or make someone speak to you. This is a forum, and forums were created as a place to share and debate different ideals/opinions. I agree that things shouldn't get overtly negative but the reboot has pretty much made sure that everything will be viewed through hawk-like eyes and any unsavory posts will be deleted and the user dealt with.
    But you can force someone to be Civil. and the only way to monitor all of those community threads is to have one...so that should ease a lot of disheartened folks as to why there is one chat. To monitor behavior.

the explanation is good enough for me.

So maybe after a year of probation other threads can resume but until we prove we can all get along why risk it.

?????????????????

Die in a fire. or curse laden insults or worse is often taken in jest when seen or reported. Regardless of intent.
    One guy's take -

I can honestly not imagine a scenario where I would give something like that a second thought.

It's important to remember that troll types/younger folks who just don't think something like that through are allowed to post until they wear out their welcome.

How much you let them dictate how much it bugs you is up to you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One guy's take -

Actually it was CBR managements.

Im just voicing my approval.

Also there must have been evidence to dictate the action..its not like CBR mods, admins wanted the headache of a reboot.

Altho i do hope others that are enjoying this new Cbr speak up..I have low hopes for the former traumatized to give their personal anecdotes..they more than likely wont return.

until they see they will be protected and that the boards are better monitored.
    Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 05-04-2014 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Also -

It's not like the old CBR forums was Escape From New York. For the most part, it seemed like a very friendly board to me.
    And to those that were bullied out, textually threatened or made unwelcome..tough hunh??

why does it have to be..I didn't get that so..forget those who have experienced that.
    I honestly never ran into any of that sort of behavior. Again, I tend to chalk that up to folks being younger/having lousy manners/having lousy social skills.

Bullying, I can see doing something about. Making people feel unwelcome is pretty tough to wrap my head around without a specific example.

The new Wonder Woman run definitely resulted in older fans voicing opposition to the New52 direction. That opposition never made me feel unwelcome.