Page 59 of 105 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    And Anime Rogue

Rogue and Gambit lend rather well to that anime styling.

So anyone going to give this a go tonight?

L1ve tweet watch along of XTAS using #X-MenAnimatedSeries hosted by XTAS peeps and Tini Howard ... also on IG with that Gambit hating Agent M fellow. ; )

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/12...565723648?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Rogue and Gambit lend rather well to that anime styling.

So anyone going to give this a go tonight?

L1ve tweet watch along of XTAS using #X-MenAnimatedSeries hosted by XTAS peeps and Tini Howard ... also on IG with that Gambit hating Agent M fellow. ; )

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/12...565723648?s=19
    Well, nothing too earth shattering said or revealed. But all the love for Rogue and Gambit sure was awesome to see. We really can't underestimate their popularity with so many people that aren't traditional comic book readers. Not tapping into the wealth of popularity that XTAS has in the general populace would be foolhardy on Disney's part really.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Well, nothing too earth shattering said or revealed. But all the love for Rogue and Gambit sure was awesome to see. We really can't underestimate their popularity with so many people that aren't traditional comic book readers. Not tapping into the wealth of popularity that XTAS has in the general populace would be foolhardy on Disney's part really.
    Oh dang, I didn't even know this was happening. Glad to hear our couple got some love though
    Make Good Art

tumblr_d403aa8c2edd0106fc61a9eaa94ace42_ff1ade89_640.jpg

Savage Land Rogue by Olivier Coipel. Not my favorite of her costumes but definitely my favorite of her artists

Edit: Here's his instagram
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    tumblr_d403aa8c2edd0106fc61a9eaa94ace42_ff1ade89_640.jpg

Savage Land Rogue by Olivier Coipel. Not my favorite of her costumes but definitely my favorite of her artists

Edit: Here's his instagram
    Oh I saw this and I love it so much! Normally the whole Savage Land Rogue thing isn't always my favorite because it's presented so cheesecakey. I'm sure for some that's a plus, and nothing wrong with that. But THIS ... she is so young and determined looking, like someone getting down to work not posing for a photo. Just gorgeous musculature, she's so realistic for an older teen/young 20's. And he might just give her the best hair of any artist. It's so wild and voluminous. And I'm an absolute sucker for watercolor.

Oh I saw this and I love it so much! Normally the whole Savage Land Rogue thing isn't always my favorite because it's presented so cheesecakey. I'm sure for some that's a plus, and nothing wrong with that. But THIS ... she is so young and determined looking, like someone getting down to work not posing for a photo. Just gorgeous musculature, she's so realistic for an older teen/young 20's. And he might just give her the best hair of any artist. It's so wild and voluminous. And I'm an absolute sucker for watercolor.
    Totally! I think I have some sort of a mental block with Savage Land Rogue being the beginning of people shipping her with Magneto, but I also find the cheesecakey nature of it a little off-putting. This is just good art and she looks like a normal person with realistic proportions in it.

Also, I got my Rogue Funko in last week and Gambit in this weekend. Woo! Now I just need a better display for all of my Rogue/Gambit figures

IMG_0141.jpg

Edit: Ugh, not sure why the pictures is sideways.
    Make Good Art

Also, I got my Rogue Funko in last week and Gambit in this weekend. Woo! Now I just need a better display for all of my Rogue/Gambit figures.
    Thanks for sharing! Is that Lego Rogue one of those custom figures I see online every once in a while or is it from a official Lego set? Anyway, again thanks for sharing. I always enjoy seeing other people's collections(especially Gambit and Rogue collections). I quite often visit the comicbookcollecting subreddit and also love whenever people post pictures of their comic related collections on the message boards I visit. I am planning on temporarily setting up some of my collection sometime so I can take pictures of it to share.
    Last edited by thjan; 04-27-2020 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Thanks for sharing! Is that Lego Rogue one of those custom figures I see online every once in a while or is it from a official Lego set? Anyway, again thanks for sharing. I always enjoy seeing other people's collections(especially Gambit and Rogue collections). I quite often visit the comicbookcollecting subreddit and also love whenever people post pictures of their comic related collections on the message boards I visit. I am planning on temporarily setting up some of my collection sometime so I can take pictures of it to share.
    No problem! Yeah, I got that at a con a couple years back. And a Gambit. Neither are official unfortunately, but they're good for being bootlegos.

I wish I had more room for my set up. Unfortunately, a lot of my collection is in storage.

I'm with you. I love seeing everyone's collections. It's like a nerdy Where's Waldo to me haha. I go to comicbookcollecting as well as the ActionFigures subreddits. I should do a temporary set-up like you're talking about though. It would be nice to get a photo of my collection to share.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    This pic of Anime style Rogue is super Kawaii (cute).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Well that Coipel Savage Lane Rogue sketch sold for $10,600 on ebay, with most of the money(95%) going towards the Book Industry Charitable Foundation. Very cool!

No problem! Yeah, I got that at a con a couple years back. And a Gambit. Neither are official unfortunately, but they're good for being bootlegos.
    It looks awesome to me. I've often wondered how much cool stuff I miss out on not going to comic cons. I'm just too shy though and would be too uncomfortable around that many people to really enjoy myself. Hopefully I will get to see the Gambit figure if you are able to set your collection up.

I'm with you. I love seeing everyone's collections. It's like a nerdy Where's Waldo to me haha. I go to comicbookcollecting as well as the ActionFigures subreddits. I should do a temporary set-up like you're talking about though. It would be nice to get a photo of my collection to share.
    I would certainly enjoy seeing it.

Spectacular Member Kalternativa's Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClG...U5Cn-ivHm3JRoA

If at least 5% of this were true...

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Well that Coipel Savage Lane Rogue sketch sold for $10,600 on ebay, with most of the money(95%) going towards the Book Industry Charitable Foundation. Very cool!

It looks awesome to me. I've often wondered how much cool stuff I miss out on not going to comic cons. I'm just too shy though and would be too uncomfortable around that many people to really enjoy myself. Hopefully I will get to see the Gambit figure if you are able to set your collection up.
    That's awesome about the sketch. Really cool to see artists doing this kind of stuff for a good cause.

Totally understand that about cons. They can certainly be kind of overwhelming depending on what size of one you're doing. Anymore, I just like going to my local con because it's small so I don't have to worry about super long lines or feeling like I'm trying to wade through people just to get to a booth
    Make Good Art

By Mark Brooks:

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    By Mark Brooks:

So gorgeous. I love how vibrant the green is in this
    Make Good Art