Page 926 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 426826876916922923924925926927928929930936976 ... LastLast
Results 13,876 to 13,890 of 15079
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Eh, it kinda deserves oxygen when the "shills" are making decisions way up the food chain.
    Exactly, this isn't Twitter lol. We mostly ignored Shuri shills up until Boseman's death when it became apparent she was gonna take everything that made T'Challa a great character. This is a Marvel product approved by a bunch of different creators and suits that implies that T'Challa is essentially holding Shuri back.

You don't see that in any other superhero franchise at such a high level. Like we had two Hawkeyes introduced back to back in this game and you don't see that level of shade throwing and misrepresentation lol. It deserves a discussion at least, though I do get the sentiment that it doesn't need all our attention. But it is BS and there's nothing wrong with pointing that out.

Getting back to T'Challa, do we think those rock monsters in Ridley's first scene are somehow related to this plot or are they just a one off villain to set the tone for the book?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Exactly have her fully embrace the Griot identity and then just have a solo series of her going around Africa handing out L’s to mythical African creatures like the Grootslang or Tojo lodges and watch the money flow in. Lol.
    Love that idea. Did Shuri ever even go on a walk-about?

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Guess I never really thought about her time in charge in that sort of way. You're absolutely right that it would have been a very interesting story to see her lose all that power and try to find herself without just being a seeker of the mantle. Would have been a chance for her to go on adventures around the world, team up with other Heroes outside of wakanda and truly find herself as a character. That would have been an interesting read for sure
    The second we saw the character, she wanted to be black panther.

Bast lectured her for it when she went before her and shuri later earned it.

Then she was the worst one ever, truly failed, and her brother the super hero king she can never live up to restored the whole multiverse.

She would be at a very interesting spot when T'challa remade everything.

Instead of WoW written by someone who had no business writing comics, we should have got a Shuri book with her going, "what do i do with my life now?"

An you could have mixed in Coates wanting her to be a mage (which wasn't a bad idea!") into that. She could have gotten back from wherever she went with new powers and and a new mindset.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Eh, it kinda deserves oxygen when the "shills" are making decisions way up the food chain.
    This, especially since it IS infecting other mediums. It started on the MCU and has bled to animation, video games, and the 616 at a rapid pace. We couldn't even hardly get other mediums to give T'Challa more accents to his habit, it's basically non-existent in the 616, yet even Comics she doesn't feature in or simply has a cameo, they are going out of their way to ensure Shuri gets credit for some tech feat that can and should go to T'Challa.

I have never seen this happen before, especially with a character that they have tried (and failed) to launch their own spin off for multiple times and has just more so solidified them as nothing more than a supporting cast member.

I get it, it’s just annoying to see stuff like that which angers me but I can’t do anything about lol. Least they’re eating crow for the hubris of thinking they can kick T’Challa off his throne.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Get the folks that aren't in t'challa's corner away from the BP franchise. That's all I'm gonna say.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

Getting back to T'Challa, do we think those rock monsters in Ridley's first scene are somehow related to this plot or are they just a one off villain to set the tone for the book?
    Wager they’re certainly part of the long term picture, but I don’t know if they’re tied to the spies plot or merely a red herring. Strange is analyzing them so we should learn soon if they’re from Earth or extra dimensional, if they come from outside the Earth than I think it might be Ridley laying the ground work for his second arc after the spies.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Love that idea. Did Shuri ever even go on a walk-about?
    You could say that she did when she was in the "death state" at the beginning of Coates run leading up to her becoming Griot.

Then she was the worst one ever, truly failed, and her brother the super hero king she can never live up to restored the whole multiverse.

Instead of WoW written by someone who had no business writing comics, we should have got a Shuri book with her going, "what do i do with my life now?"

An you could have mixed in Coates wanting her to be a mage (which wasn't a bad idea!") into that. She could have gotten back from wherever she went with new powers and and a new mindset.
    Unfortunately even Coates frakked this up. Its really damming the only person of late who made Shuri her own person has been RJ mostly in KiB. Even Coates had Shuri steal T'Challas personality ad the pragmatic one.

She needs an actual book not tied to T'Challa the throne or BP
    Unfortunately there is t much to work with since Her creation. RJ had the best idea though so far

Mighty Member

And have Shuri turn villian because of her feelings of inadequacy. I would read that.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Shoot I would say given her failure as queen sends her to take over hunters Role as the white wolf and she makes it her mission to protect Wakanda at any and all cost because she feels guilty for not doing so as queen, but given how much more ruthless she is than T'Challa (especially since Coates had Shuri tell rape victims they should of accepted their fate and died for the glory of Wakanda) having her become the white Wolf could work. Or A white wolf and her and Hunter can team up (or hunter can retire doesn't matter to me)

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    And have Shuri turn villian because of her feelings of inadequacy. I would read that.
    Only way I can see her turning villain in the post SW landscape is if she left Wakanda to seek more power to better protect Wakanda and ended up getting seduced by another (evil) God or got herself into some sort of dark magic. But, I honestly don't like that because what ends up happening is... T'challa saves the day and she ends up being MORE inadequate and more of a failure. So then you are stuck in the same loop with her again if the goal is to make her a useable side character.

So, imo, the options really are:

- Leaves, seeks a new power, becomes a mage and returns ala Griot but without all the history crap and without just copying KOTD lol. Like, more "real" magic. This at least makes her not "T'challa with boobs" as she has her own code name, own role, own powers. You would spin her off by saying she realized she can't defend Wakanda by just staying in Wakanda like the old kings, she has to take the approach T'challa has taken in this new super hero/villain landscape, and this leads to her "defending Wakanda" by being an active super hero and joining other teams as well.

- She leaves the BP tribe and joins another tribe with another god because she has failed the Panther God and/or the Panther God failed her by always favoring T'challa and not giving her the power she needs to save her country. She becomes the mantle bearer of a new God, which gives her new code name and new costume. And her relationship with T'challa becomes strained because of this... but they are still brother and sister. This is much harder to "spin off" for her but at leats she is different again.

- Like the MA idea... she becomes hyper violent and African Punisher lol. She's depressed as hell, failed at her job, so she will simply murder any Wakandan threat as a coping mechanism.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Don't expect much from T'Challa in today's Avengers.

spoilers:
    Mamadou Fall has a cameo and is said to be the most fearsome BP
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Don't expect much from T'Challa in today's Avengers.

spoilers:
    Mamadou Fall has a cameo and is said to be the most fearsome BP
    end of spoilers
    they did set up why Namor is on the team in the upcoming solicits though

just basically a huge set up issue in general

happy for Jen fans though lol
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 12-01-2021 at 09:24 AM.

Only way I can see her turning villain in the post SW landscape is if she left Wakanda to seek more power to better protect Wakanda and ended up getting seduced by another (evil) God or got herself into some sort of dark magic. But, I honestly don't like that because what ends up happening is... T'challa saves the day and she ends up being MORE inadequate and more of a failure. So then you are stuck in the same loop with her again if the goal is to make her a useable side character.

So, imo, the options really are:

- Leaves, seeks a new power, becomes a mage and returns ala Griot but without all the history crap and without just copying KOTD lol. Like, more "real" magic. This at least makes her not "T'challa with boobs" as she has her own code name, own role, own powers. You would spin her off by saying she realized she can't defend Wakanda by just staying in Wakanda like the old kings, she has to take the approach T'challa has taken in this new super hero/villain landscape, and this leads to her "defending Wakanda" by being an active super hero and joining other teams as well.

- She leaves the BP tribe and joins another tribe with another god because she has failed the Panther God and/or the Panther God failed her by always favoring T'challa and not giving her the power she needs to save her country. She becomes the mantle bearer of a new God, which gives her new code name and new costume. And her relationship with T'challa becomes strained because of this... but they are still brother and sister. This is much harder to "spin off" for her but at leats she is different again.

- Like the MA idea... she becomes hyper violent and African Punisher lol. She's depressed as hell, failed at her job, so she will simply murder any Wakandan threat as a coping mechanism.

I like that second idea a lot. What God does the crocodile cult worship? Shuri is only half wakandan anyway so it can be easily explained that she doesn't have a devout loyalty to Bast.