Page 1156 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 15665610561106114611521153115411551156115711581159 LastLast
Results 17,326 to 17,340 of 17378
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badger1701 View Post
    It varies. I've had some that have taken days to even get picked and scanned. This week, however, I put an order in at the beginning of the week and the box was waiting at my house on Friday.
    Purely speculation but maybe its a distributor problem? I order through CGN on a regular basis and they too have seemed to slow down some. It also seems that on a weekly basis they have 2-3 books that simply don't ship from diamond. I always get everything I order, it just seems to be taking a little longer. To IST's credit the last time I placed an order with them 1 of the books was out of stock and they had to reorder. Rather then hold my entire order they (at no extra cost) sent the books they had and a week or so later sent the other book. While CGN seems to have a better back list of "out of print" titles and somewhat higher discounts on a regular basis IST seems to be a step ahead on customer service. This is not putting CGN down, I have never had a problem with them. It just seems IST is willing to take that one extra step. I stick with CGN because when putting together my order I often think of some back list book I just must have (because I am insane) and CGN is more likely to have it on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    as a somewhat (heavily) lapsed SW fan, are the comics any good?
    enjoying the main and darth vader book.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Has IST been getting slower for everyone?

I used to place orders on Tuesday - they would ship Wednesday and I would have the books by the next Tuesday. But lately I'll place an order on Tuesday and sometimes it won't even ship until the next week. My books this week have all been picked and scanned for days but no shipping.
    That's odd. I placed IST orders on the past 2 Tuesdays, and both orders were at my door 7 days later. And if I remember correctly, you're also in NorCal...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    Rampant speculation time!

Now that Marvel has finished off the Star Wars Original Marvel Years omnis, what do you think will be the next Star Wars books to get the deluxe or omni treatment? Will it be the new books they've been putting out? A classic Dark Horse series? What do you think?
    I'll tell you what I'd like. Some years ago, Dark Horse published a series by Ostrander called "Legacy" (I think). It was about Luke's way in the future relative. It was a great run but I never finished it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    as a somewhat (heavily) lapsed SW fan, are the comics any good?
    I'm reading Star Wars and Darth Vader and they're both excellent. If I had to pick, I'd say Vader is probably the better of the two but not by much.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I'll tell you what I'd like. Some years ago, Dark Horse published a series by Ostrander called "Legacy" (I think). It was about Luke's way in the future relative. It was a great run but I never finished it.

I'm reading Star Wars and Darth Vader and they're both excellent. If I had to pick, I'd say Vader is probably the better of the two but not by much.
    YES! I haven't read it yet but I LOVE Ostrander so I would definitely buy a Legacy omnibus.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    Purely speculation but maybe its a distributor problem? I order through CGN on a regular basis and they too have seemed to slow down some. It also seems that on a weekly basis they have 2-3 books that simply don't ship from diamond. I always get everything I order, it just seems to be taking a little longer. To IST's credit the last time I placed an order with them 1 of the books was out of stock and they had to reorder. Rather then hold my entire order they (at no extra cost) sent the books they had and a week or so later sent the other book. While CGN seems to have a better back list of "out of print" titles and somewhat higher discounts on a regular basis IST seems to be a step ahead on customer service. This is not putting CGN down, I have never had a problem with them. It just seems IST is willing to take that one extra step. I stick with CGN because when putting together my order I often think of some back list book I just must have (because I am insane) and CGN is more likely to have it on hand.
    Ive always wished ist would send the rest of my order when one is out of stock. How many books did you order when they did this?

Anyone else have this happen and how many books did u order?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Ive always wished ist would send the rest of my order when one is out of stock. How many books did you order when they did this?

Anyone else have this happen and how many books did u order?
    That order was 8 books total, only 1 book was not in stock. Also I did send a message when after checking my order I noticed only one item was not ready to ship. IST informed my that since they were unsure exactly how long it would take to get that last book they would send the other seven. So maybe it helps to contact and question them about your order if it seems to be running a little late.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I'll tell you what I'd like. Some years ago, Dark Horse published a series by Ostrander called "Legacy" (I think). It was about Luke's way in the future relative. It was a great run but I never finished it
    I've been hesitant to check it legacy, mostly because of the absurdity of A'Sharad Hett being a centuries old Sith Lord, but I've discovered the greatness of John Ostrander, so I'm definitely going to check it out.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    I've been hesitant to check it legacy, mostly because of the absurdity of A'Sharad Hett being a centuries old Sith Lord, but I've discovered the greatness of John Ostrander, so I'm definitely going to check it out.
    Wasn't Yoda a centuries old Jedi?
    Anyway, yeah, check it out. Pretty good stuff. I think Dark Horse also did a Legacy title with Han Solo descendant but I'm not positive. I read a lot of Tales of the Jedi series in the 90s when those came out and then kind of trailed off because things were getting so hit or miss. Picked up the Legacy and some other titles on a whim, but have pretty much stayed away until this new SW series under Marvel.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Is anyone here any good at hunting down digital variants?

I'm doing a custom bind and I'm trying to this cover http://ultimatecomics.com/wp-content...0901013774.jpg in SHQ or you know basic high quality CBR size. And I cannot find it anywhere.

Can anyone lend me a hand?

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Wasn't Yoda a centuries old Jedi?
    Anyway, yeah, check it out. Pretty good stuff. I think Dark Horse also did a Legacy title with Han Solo descendant but I'm not positive. I read a lot of Tales of the Jedi series in the 90s when those came out and then kind of trailed off because things were getting so hit or miss. Picked up the Legacy and some other titles on a whim, but have pretty much stayed away until this new SW series under Marvel.
    Yoda's species are extremely long lived. Hett is a human Tusken Raider. There's no logical way he should still be alive. Not to mention he was just some random Clone Wars era Jedi who was turned into the new Palpatine. But, that's just me being a giant SW fanboy. Still really interested in the boom.
    Cyclops was right

Now that Marvel has finished off the Star Wars Original Marvel Years omnis, what do you think will be the next Star Wars books to get the deluxe or omni treatment? Will it be the new books they've been putting out? A classic Dark Horse series? What do you think?
    My vote would go for Tales of the Jedi which is set way back 4000-5000 BBY.
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Mod Update:

We're currently looking for someone to keep the first post of this mega thread up to date. If you're interested please pm myself or one of the other mods!

Amazing Member

I'm guessing most of the Dark Horse series will be put out as Epics which seem to be selling well

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    My vote would go for Tales of the Jedi which is set way back 4000-5000 BBY.
    Would love that.