Page 60 of 211 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

This is Kurgan from Highlander. This is almost everything you could want from a Steppenwolf design, and they did this with completely practical effects back in 1986.
    Picture taken seconds before he trips up over the cape. Take the stupid diagonal prong things off the crossbar and that's pretty practical looking for a movie sword.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Theist ,atheist or agnostic angels and demons are technically and literally extra-terrestrial or extra dimensional beings.So Zack did not re-contextualise!
    How are you a Snyder fan and not understand that the turning upside down of the painting in Lex Luthor Sr's office was a metaphor for Steppenwolf and the Parademons invading Earth?

Re-contextualising means giving something a new context or meaning. That's what Snyder did

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    It is not hard to do but Ciaran Hinds is 67 years old ,putting him in actual action (even if we show by VFX feats of super strength and superspeed ) against the whole league is an incredibly physical rehearsal, Shannon in MoS may have been up for that ,Ciaran highly unlikely. Besides we do not know the lore,Uxas is shown in the beginning as more human then you have Darkseid an almost chiselled rock face with red eyes,how do you go from the former to the latter? It is the same with Steppenwolf ,he must have looked at least more like Uxas initially and something maybe the anti-life changed him.The key is in the story and we do not know the entirety of the story yet
    Oh yeah, thank goodness they prioritised acting ability over physicality when casting Steppenwolf - His performance really came across in the finished product.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Oh yeah, thank goodness they prioritised acting ability over physicality when casting Steppenwolf - His performance really came across in the finished product.
    That was just Whedon cutting all the Steppenwolf scenes^^.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Its not impossible for SW to look better than Thanos. I am more of a judging director on everything they have done. We don't know yet how Steppenwolf is going to look next year on HBO Max, what we have now are rough cuts short posted online. I trust Snyder's past work with spectacular visuals and HBO. he can be as good as James Cameron in that area, Cameron himself is a fan of how Snyder does his films.

https://screenrant.com/james-cameron...snyder-movies/

https://www.slashfilm.com/james-cameron-inspirations/
    James Cameron Talks About the Filmmakers That Inspire Him (Like Zack Snyder)

When James Cameron himself is taking inspiration from Snyder's visual style, its seem un-thoughtful to say its impossible Snyder can produce anything better than Thanos and this is the same Cameron who once called Infinity War with Thanos uninspiring and silly.

The irony here is spot on. you think its impossible for Snyder to produce something as good as Avatar and Thanos but the Avatar director loves how Snyder's makes his movies and dislike everything about Thanos.

There are more cards for Trust with Snyder to have visuals as good as Avatar or better.
    Lol Cameron compared Snyder to Michale Bay. They both have a look thats uniquely there's. Unfortunately for Snyder that look is highly stylized CGI backgrounds and Slow mo. Which was great in 300 not so much in more recent films. The one film he didnt do that stuff was MoS. Snyders strength are the opposite of VFX. Doomsdsy and Steppenwolf are hot garbage visualy. Couldn't be more generic. But the Batman warehouse fight is like the one BvS scene people can agree was good. The more practical action stuff is where he shines. He knows how to work a camera. VFX hasn't been anything special his best outing is MoS and thats average Comicbook movie vfx. Also they can render Steppenwolf to be completely real looking in Snyders cut, doesnt matter cause its still a generic and weird design for a main villian.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Lol Cameron compared Snyder to Michale Bay. They both have a look thats uniquely there's. Unfortunately for Snyder that look is highly stylized CGI backgrounds and Slow mo. Which was great in 300 not so much in more recent films. The one film he didnt do that stuff was MoS. Snyders strength are the opposite of VFX. Doomsdsy and Steppenwolf are hot garbage visualy. Couldn't be more generic. But the Batman warehouse fight is like the one BvS scene people can agree was good. The more practical action stuff is where he shines. He knows how to work a camera. VFX hasn't been anything special his best outing is MoS and thats average Comicbook movie vfx. Also they can render Steppenwolf to be completely real looking in Snyders cut, doesnt matter cause its still a generic and weird design for a main villian.
    Bay is not a total fail 100% bad director. He is more comparable to Fiege's movies but with less monopoly approach which helps Bay a bit. Bay's style is suited with Joss Whedon and Russo Avengers types. If you truly compare the final battle of Man of Steel, Transformers and Avengers. Man of Steel is the best looking film of the 3 with VFX.

Snyder knows how to do VFX beautifully. His VFX is beautifully shot even the critics that will trash his story telling skills always praise his VFX. He has the best VFX in comic books.

Cameron hailed Snyder's style and looked at him for inspiration.

VFX hasn't been anything special his best outing is MoS and thats average Comicbook movie vfx. Also they can render Steppenwolf to be completely real looking in Snyders cut, doesnt matter cause its still a generic and weird design for a main villian.
    Please what comic films had better VFX than Man of Steel between 2010-2015? I will wait.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    That was just Whedon cutting all the Steppenwolf scenes^^.
    In the Snyder cut he delivers a soliloquy on his upbringing on planet MacFarlane, and his hopes and dreams for the future that is said to be so touching that the crew had to take a break from filming for an hour to dab their eyes dry. That didn't stop those stuffed suits at WB and their puppet Whedon from cutting the whole scene and replacing it with five minutes of a CGI moustache though.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Bay is not a total fail 100% bad director. He is more comparable to Fiege's movies but with less monopoly approach which helps Bay a bit. Bay's style is suited with Joss Whedon and Russo Avengers types. If you truly compare the final battle of Man of Steel, Transformers and Avengers. Man of Steel is the best looking film of the 3 with VFX.

Snyder knows how to do VFX beautifully. His VFX is beautifully shot even the critics that will trash his story telling skills always praise his VFX. He has the best VFX in comic books.

Cameron hailed Snyder's style and looked at him for inspiration.

Please what comic films had better VFX than Man of Steel between 2010-2015? I will wait.
    All of that is your opinion and none of that is based in fact. And yes he praised Snyder... and Michale Bay at the same time. Saying they both have unique visual styles. Which Snyder does.

As far as what movies, iono the **** ton that were nominated for oscars in that time period. Ironman 3 that same year. Avngers,TWS,GOTG,Days of Future past. I appreciate what Snyder did in MoS, there was nothing bad about the cgi. The way he used the VFX to make the first movie where I enjoyed seeing Superman fight. But there's nothing amazing on a technical level. Nothing Stands out like Hulk in Avengers or **** Rocket and Groot. They are in 95% of that movie and the CGI never waivers. They have weight and feel tangible throughout. **** Blinks scene and Quicksilvers time in a bottle scene stand out more then anything In MOS vfx wise.

BANNED

In the Snyder cut he delivers a soliloquy on his upbringing on planet MacFarlane, and his hopes and dreams for the future that is said to be so touching that the crew had to take a break from filming for an hour to dab their eyes dry. That didn't stop those stuffed suits at WB and their puppet Whedon from cutting the whole scene and replacing it with five minutes of a CGI moustache though.
    Whedon was crying during cutting Steppenwolf scenes. They were that touching.
    And after that he worked nonstop on the CGI moustache to get it out of his system^^

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    All of that is your opinion and none of that is based in fact. And yes he praised Snyder... and Michale Bay at the same time. Saying they both have unique visual styles. Which Snyder does.

As far as what movies, iono the **** ton that were nominated for oscars in that time period. Ironman 3 that same year. Avngers,TWS,GOTG,Days of Future past. I appreciate what Snyder did in MoS, there was nothing bad about the cgi. The way he used the VFX to make the first movie where I enjoyed seeing Superman fight. But there's nothing amazing on a technical level. Nothing Stands out like Hulk in Avengers or **** Rocket and Groot. They are in 95% of that movie and the CGI never waivers. They have weight and feel tangible throughout. **** Blinks scene and Quicksilvers time in a bottle scene stand out more then anything In MOS vfx wise.
    The only film you mentioned I can agree with is Days of future past but that movie did not use CGI. The effects were practical effects,
    which is what Snyder mostly does. Both Snyder and Singer favoured the practical effects approach to reduced their movies looking more like cartoons and video games. Avengers, GOTG and Iron Man 2 looking less realistic to that, I mean seriously though, its not as if people like Scorsese was drunk when he said most comics films are theme parks. there is a reason why and this is partly because of how they use CGI in their movies. Snyder is the opposite even Sucker Punch has better VFX than most comic films.

Am sorry but apart from DOFP I cant find any comic film between 2010-2015 that was this beautifully stylistic done with VFX.
    Last edited by Castle; 08-11-2020 at 06:18 AM.

I really disliked the whole look of Doomsday in DOJ. I find the MCU movies to have much more realistic lighting and characters than the DCU. The whole battle at the end of JL did not feel like it was in the real world. Superman carrying the apt building to safety was almost laughable.

I feel like we are in an episode of Netflix's Dark and Castle is on an alternate world.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I really disliked the whole look of Doomsday in DOJ. I find the MCU movies to have much more realistic lighting and characters than the DCU. The whole battle at the end of JL did not feel like it was in the real world. Superman carrying the apt building to safety was almost laughable.

I feel like we are in an episode of Netflix's Dark and Castle is on an alternate world.
    If it is strictly between MCU and DCU. DCU is more realistically looking and there are objective takes that supports that. Captain Marvel is basically bland and dull even if you were to compare it to wonder woman shot for shot and snyder was a producer of that film and was consulting with others with the VFX.

Can we seriously look at man of steel and say Avengers is more realistically looking? I can't even see thanos face or thor face clearly like i can see superman's face in man of steel. MCU Endgame background is blurred. There is no Snyder's movie that has blurred background VFX.

Part of the reason JL failed was because WB was trying to recreate MCU Avengers instead of going ahead with the wonderful world Snyder created with visual style

Doomsday was a character we could see clearly for the most part. Thanos is very blurred.
    Last edited by Castle; 08-11-2020 at 07:27 AM.

BANNED

Here is more scene of Snyder's talent with VFX

Am sorry but no one but Nolan understand the use of VFX and lightening better. Most comic films compared to this are straight on video games. reason We need to wait until 2021 when we see the final cut of Stephenwolf.
    Last edited by Castle; 08-11-2020 at 07:23 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    How are you a Snyder fan and not understand that the turning upside down of the painting in Lex Luthor Sr's office was a metaphor for Steppenwolf and the Parademons invading Earth?

Re-contextualising means giving something a new context or meaning. That's what Snyder did
    I know it was a metaphor, and the beautiful thing is it is both a metaphor for Steppenwolf and actual theological detail that indeed Satan and the fallen were once in the sky (angels of God) before being banished.I don't see what the problem is ,you don't have to be a Snyder fan to get the reference.

Astonishing Member

He could have been selected for his voice and 'fierce gaze' , full well knowing full on bodysuit action was not necessary. I dont understand why Ciaran being in the role suddenly is a sticking point. Even Ciaran himself admitted he worked hard on Zack's rendition so we can only speculate where his performance came across more.