Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Uhh... I really hope this is a clone or mind control or something. I don't see Angelica naturally working with the White Queen at all. What issue was this? What was the conflict? I'm really ticked, here.
    You dont have to worry about angelica working with Emma as it seems like she was only in blue for that one issue and doesnt look like shes coming back anytime soon. Also this was one of the tie in for SE for Blue
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Uhh... I really hope this is a clone or mind control or something. I don't see Angelica naturally working with the White Queen at all. What issue was this? What was the conflict? I'm really ticked, here.
    So no follow up the Frost’s “X-Men” story? Or was it just forgotten?

BANNED

Most likely.

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

A firestar commission with guests by Ale Garza

Ultimate Member

Nice drawing but she needs a new look imho...

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Nice drawing but she needs a new look imho...
    New costume. New hairstyle.

Throw in a twist like Hellstrom's "cure" entailed linking her lifeforce to a dying neutron star. Side effects: Being tied to a dying star is no fun. Firestar is still technically sick and dying, but given that neutron stars can endure for hundreds of thousands to billions of years, you can't completely hate Damien for his solution. Firestar will occasionally have absolutely brutal days dealing with the trauma of all that, but as time goes on, through her strength of will and spirit she'll learn to deal with the pain.

Aside from extending her life, being linked to a neutron star alters Firestar's powers. She now mirrors some of the properties of a neutron star. She can still project intense heat relatively speaking, but also manipulate magnetic fields and gravity. Having a much more diverse powerset makes her a wanted commodity in the superhero community. She'd have an ultimate offensive skill that combines all of these elements into a unidirectional beam of pure destruction that even adamantium couldn't withstand. She's weak as a kitten after she unleashes it, though. Since neutron stars are super dense, the molecules that make up Firestar's body would also be more dense than your average human. As a result, she has a modicum of superhuman strength (stronger than a Super Soldier, but weaker than Spider-Man) and a vastly greater resistance to injury than she had previously. Since just about everyone with flame-like powers in the Marvel Universe has yellow flames, I'd definitely change that to either purple or blue flames on Firestar.

So yeah, give Firestar a fresh new look, with blue violet flames that project heat, light, magnetic and/or gravimetric waves as she chooses and make her tough enough to survive several consecutive MMA bouts and I'm there. (I know, I know -- that's nothing like the Firestar that we all know and love.)

Ultimate Member

That might be a bit to much of a change, just a new costume, maybe a new hairstyle, and then a new reason to fight the good fight and go from there...

I think the girl on fire plus North star should be added to the cast of Astonishing X-Men. It would fit perfectly.

I'd love for Angelica to have a prominent role on a superhero team again. Seems like most writers don't like her or dismiss her based on the cartoon. In their eyes she's "not a real X-Man" because of the cartoon origins, and she's "not a real Avenger" because of her history with the New Warriors. Oh well.

What's wrong with her hair? Too similar to Jean Grey or Mary Jane?

I agree that the costume is dated though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I actually think Firestar would be a better fit for the New Mutants. That was the generation around when she was created and bc of her limited exposure as a Hellion, we didnt see her much with them.I could see her with the Rosenberg team. His Astonishing X-men might even work for her

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What's wrong with her hair? Too similar to Jean Grey or Mary Jane?

I agree that the costume is dated though.
    I don't think it's just the hair that's to similar Jean Grey. Her red hair and fire powers would probably cause many readers who are unfamiliar with Firestar to think she is really Jean Grey with the Phoenix Force retuned. Marvel probably wouldn't want that. That's why she needs a costume and hairstyle makeover. If she is going to have any chance to appear in X-books, she is going to have to be easily recognized as her, and not Jean Grey. Some thing along the lines of what she wore in X-Men Blue at least.
    And the costume really is old and outdated.
    Just my opinions.
    Last edited by Thievery; 08-01-2018 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    A firestar commission with guests by Ale Garza
    That's a fantastic piece of art.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I actually think Firestar would be a better fit for the New Mutants. That was the generation around when she was created and bc of her limited exposure as a Hellion, we didnt see her much with them.I could see her with the Rosenberg team. His Astonishing X-men might even work for her
    Poor Amara would feel slighted.
    "WHY huh?? MY heat ain't enough for you people???"

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    That's a fantastic piece of art.
    I totally agree. Not one thing I can complain about. Absolutely beautiful!