Page 589 of 590 FirstFirst ... 89489539579585586587588589590 LastLast
Results 8,821 to 8,835 of 8841

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    Days of future past acted like days of future past. Have you read the comics? it was not fun like Thor, it was tearjerking and gripping. Thor Ragnarök could have done the same thing like the comics counterpart and it failed miserably.

Fun to watch movies is the reason I said guilty, guilty pleasure movies. Days Of Future Past was not a guilty pleasure movie like Thor 3. It was a powerful emotional drama. Well written, well executed and well acted. You can't say the same of Thor so you settle with fun, I rather settle for a quality movie that was beyond faithful to the tone of the story.
    Schindler's List and Saving Private Ryan are arguably two of Spielberg's best films but I've watched Jurassic Park, E.T., Jaws, and the Indiana Jones films more because they're fun. There is nothing wrong with fun and Thor Ragnarok is AWESOME.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 10-10-2018 at 02:10 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    If someone feels guilty watching superhero films than they're clearly not fans of the genre and they can go find something else to watch.
    I know, right? If comic book films have to be serious and gritty and dark and "high art" just so one doesn't feel bad for watching them...well that's on them.

Schneider's List and Saving Private Ryan are arguably two of Spielberg's best films but I've watched Jurassic Park, E.T., Jaws, and the Indiana Jones films more because they're fun. There is nothing run with fun and Thor Ragnarok is AWESOME.
    Schneider's List and Saving Private Ryan are World War 2 movies. Biopics

Indiana Jones is adventure

Jurassic Park is science fiction

E.T is science fiction drama

Jaws is Thriller.

Majority of Spielberg's movies also have an impressive level of human mind brilliance that Thor3 does not have. Thor Ragnarok is called awesome from some MCU fans opinions but Kinberg at least is showing he is wiser than average viewers. had he said the movie has the same tone as Thor Ragnarok, everyone right here, right now would be saying this is going to be the worst X-Men movie ever and not because Thor 3 is considered one of the worst Marvel movies if we take the tone and oringal story of the comics into account but because Dark Phoenix is meant to be a powerful drama, maybe more than DOFP.

Schneider's List and Saving Private Ryan are World War 2 movies. Biopics

Indiana Jones is adventure

Jurassic Park is science fiction

E.T is science fiction drama

Jaws is Thriller.

Majority of Spielberg's movies also have an impressive level of human mind brilliance that Thor3 does not have. Thor Ragnarok is called awesome from some MCU fans opinions but Kinberg at least is showing he is wiser than average viewers. had he said the movie has the same tone as Thor Ragnarok, everyone right here, right now would be saying this is going to be the worst X-Men movie ever and not because Thor 3 is considered one of the worst Marvel movies if we take the tone and oringal story of the comics into account but because Dark Phoenix is meant to be a powerful drama, maybe more than DOFP.
    Thor Ragnarok is impressive on a human level especially the elevator scene between Loki and Thor or when Odin dies and say I love you my sons and Loki realises Odin still loves him or the brothers coming together at the end. If you have to insult one thing to try and build yours up that to me points out the flaws in your argument.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    Movie to be influenced by Thor Ragnarok cosmic element but tone to be very serious. 10 Cheers to those who already said this on the future of x-men thread. The director agrees with us.

https://theplaylist.net/simon-kinber...thor-20181008/

“I’m sorry for ‘X-Men 3,’” said Kinberg at this weekend’s NYCC (via EW). “We tried to tell the ‘Dark Phoenix’ story and we didn’t do it properly. So, with this ‘Dark Phoenix’ story there is no ‘cure’ plot, there is no other plot. It is the Dark Phoenix story, as told in comics, as told in the cartoons.”
    One thing sticks out with that statement. He seems to allude that the major issues with ‘The Last Stand’ revolve around the cure subplot. However, as many would attest, the real issues were more about direction, writing (courtesy of Kinberg), acting, and how badly the ‘Dark Phoenix’ storyline was treated. The cure plot was way down the list of issues.
    However, regardless of the details, the apology is welcome. He continues, “Sophie [Turner] is the center of the film, that’s why she’s the one person that’s in the teaser poster. The entire movie revolves around her. It’s a movie that goes into space and is cosmic, very much inspired actually by what [Taika Waititi] did with ‘Thor’ — even though the tone is totally different — but just the ability to make a character movie that still feels grounded, and fun, but is in whole other universes. Jessica Chastain’s character plays an alien, and that’s all I can tell you about that. But, yeah, it’s the ‘Dark Phoenix’ story and if you’ve read that comic I think you’re going to like the movie a lot.”

What topsy-turvy world am I living in. A world Dark Phoenix and Thor Ragnarok have a different tone when they are exactly the same tone in the comics. I remember some of us discussing the topic on the future of X-Men thread of X-Men movies tone and Ragnarok's tone in particular. I said call a movie Thor, make it a full humor movie if you want as long as you don't put Ragnarok at the end of the title and I got some flak for it. Perhaps Simon Kingerg's thoughts of Thor will shed light to how important tone is for X-Men movies.
    He must be talking about the second cut because the first cut was finished filming before Thor 3 was released.

BANNED

Thor Ragnarök could have done the same thing like the comics counterpart and it failed miserably.
    It didn't fail.
    Thor: Ragnarök was not an adaption of the comic of the same name.
    Age Of Ultron was not an adaption of the comic of the same name.
    Winter Soldier was not an adaption of the comic of the same name.
    Infinity War was not an adaption of the comic of the same name.

Schneider's List and Saving Private Ryan are World War 2 movies. Biopics .
    How the blue blazes is Saving Private Ryan a biopic?

I have never even heard of Schneider's List.
    Last edited by Carabas; 10-10-2018 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    He must be talking about the second cut because the first cut was finished filming before Thor 3 was released.
    Good Catch.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I have never even heard of Schneider's List.
    I was about to reach through my computer screen and slap you until I noticed the typo in Hall's post.

Loki realises Odin still loves him or the brothers coming together at the end
    Reminding me too much of B&R. Batman asking Dr Freeze to save the dying Alfred. That was the most humanity part of the film , it's still very much a terrible movie.

Thor Ragnarok is impressive on a human level especially the elevator scene between Loki and Thor or when Odin dies and say I love you my sons and. If you have to insult one thing to try and build yours up that to me points out the flaws in your argument.
    The B&R effect is all over Ragnarok, little parts don't matter since the entire movie takes place as a spoof , same problem for B&R. I don't feel insulted now. I was insulted watching Thor get dumbed down. I don't find that impressive and I couldn't be more happier hearing Dark Phoenix is not a spoof or as dumbed down as Thor Ragnarok thanks to the tone.

Reminding me too much of B&R. Batman asking Dr Freeze to save the dying Alfred. That was the most humanity part of the film , it's still very much a terrible movie.

The B&R effect is all over Ragnarok, little parts don't matter since the entire movie takes place as a spoof , same problem for B&R. I don't feel insulted now. I was insulted watching Thor get dumbed down. I don't find that impressive and I couldn't be more happier hearing Dark Phoenix is not a spoof or as dumbed down as Thor Ragnarok thanks to the tone.
    Yeah more trying to insult other films to make your likes look superior. This is boring Good Day.

BANNED

...little parts don't matter since the entire movie takes place as a spoof...
    Can you explain why this is such a strongly held belief for you? You've been going on about that for years now.

Are some trying to convince me or trying to justify a theory that The Dark Phoenix Saga- arguably the most iconic marvel story becoming a comedy and copying Thor 3 in tone would have been a good thing?

That is worse than X-Men 3. Also why was this not the case in X-Men TAS 92.

Schneider's List and Saving Private Ryan are arguably two of Spielberg's best films but I've watched Jurassic Park, E.T., Jaws, and the Indiana Jones films more because they're fun. There is nothing run with fun and Thor Ragnarok is AWESOME.
    Hell to the yes. Exactly this.

oh, lol. I get it now Hall. I've been away for a bit...

Anyway, I never even thought once Ragnarok resembled anything close to the slapstick of B&R but you're entitled to your opinion.

Also it's Schindler's List btw. Oskar Schindler.