Page 369 of 1127 FirstFirst ... 269319359365366367368369370371372373379419469869 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,535 of 16893

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    So, effectively.

He has to get off the pot, cuz he can't ****.
    ...How long have you been waiting to use that one.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    ...How long have you been waiting to use that one.
    You have no idea.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

You have no idea.
    Sweet, sweet release.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Sweet, sweet release.
    Cthulhu is patient. Truly a master of waiting for the optimal time to squirt his ink all over the unsuspecting.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Need more plot...!

Also Cleric you don't have to reply to this post if there are no pertinent details, but Ochazuke's turned his sight towards Kami. If there's any details besides the whole slowly dying thing you'd like to mention, by all means, otherwise its all good.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Need more plot...!

Also Cleric you don't have to reply to this post if there are no pertinent details, but Ochazuke's turned his sight towards Kami. If there's any details besides the whole slowly dying thing you'd like to mention, by all means, otherwise its all good.
    Where was it said that she is slowly dying?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Where was it said that she is slowly dying?
    When she was brought back by Nunlil, Jinzi pointed it out to Ochazuke in private, and then Held saw as much with his Shingan, but hasn't said anything.

Arx Inosaan

When she was brought back by Nunlil, Jinzi pointed it out to Ochazuke in private, and then Held saw as much with his Shingan, but hasn't said anything.
    Ah, Meagan wasn't around for that. Thanks for the update.

Retired Overlord

I'm sorry....I don't know if its just something I can't unhear.......but everytime Koorimaru is talking with someone I can't help but think of a less villainous version of this.

Added one new power to her list. Two more to go. Thinking carefully on those.

Name: "Master" Yakimesh Toh Magoh

Race/Species: Human

Height/Weight: 5'5”/ 134lbs

Affiliation: Neo Crane School

Power Level: 450

Techniques:

- Dodonpa
    - Levitation
    - Kiai
    - Split-Form
    - Shiyoken Four Arms

History

Yakimesh Toh Magoh once started as a promising student of the Crane School several decades ago. A peer of Chahan in their younger days, the two young warriors struck a dark, if amiable, friendship as they rose through the ranks of the Crane School. As time went on, however, Chahan maintained a strict and rigid adherence to the traditional teachings while Toh Magoh began to slack off more and more, finding shortcuts to trainings. He would convince himself to work smarter, not harder, but Toh Magoh would fail to understand that such an approach meant that he would lag behind Chahan. Soon it became clear that Chahan was the superior of the two, and Toh Magoh would not have it. He rebelled against Chahan and their master out of envy and frustration, refusing to take responsibility for his own failures.

Because of the sanctity of the Master-Student relationship within the Crane School, Toh Magoh found himself cornered by both. Against his oath, he abandoned the Crane School and was branded a traitor. Once he realized the danger to his life, Toh Magoh fled, post-haste.

Wandering the streets another continent far away from Chahan and desperate for money, Toh Magoh worked various odd jobs for the underworld, including theft, piracy, and acting as a bodyguard. Wanting to settle down but knowing no other path, Toh Magoh decided to take on pupils -- for a hefty tuition fee, of course. Since he spent most of his life following the Crane School, his only knowledge and influence would be to mimic their model, extorting fees and training his own personal army of assassins. But, to differentiate himself and so as not to anger Chahan -- who, by this time, became a renowned and highly successful grandmaster -- Toh Magoh christened himself Master of his imperfect school, the "Neo Crane School." In an area with high crime and without much martial arts training among the populace, along with rather flashy advertisements, the Neo Crane School became a local hit.

Those who could not emerge out of the beginner levels were out of luck -- they had signed their tuition over in an iron clad contract, with Toh Magoh and his advanced students acting as muscle to ensure the money was secure. This would be necessary, though; neither pupil nor prized students would know that Toh Magoh's own training was incomplete, and thus not actually worthy to open a school. Toh Magoh is a man of secrets. He keeps his finances well guarded, spending more time in the office than training his students. Moreso, because the school is unsanctioned, and hearing about the tension between the Five Schools -- Tiger, Turtle, Snake, Dragon, and Crane -- Toh Magoh walks the tightrope of keeping his "legitimate" business going, while lying low enough so as not to attract the attention of Chahan. Deep down inside, he knows Chahan is the superior in every way, from fighting to resources to even his own personal army. As formidable a fighter as Toh Magoh is even at his age, he is, above all else, a self-preserving coward.

One day, a traveler by the name of Zaofan came across one of the ads and sought to study the Crane style. After all, the Crane school was famed for its skill and spirituality, Zaofan needed to fill in the empty gaps of his life, and "Neo" must mean new and improved! Using his previous training, Zaofan was considered an exemplary student of the Neo Crane Style. He advanced quickly through the ranks. However, Zaofan did not know that he excelled precisely because the Neo Crane school was not as rigorous or as honest as the actual Crane School. He also grew suspicious of the relationship between Toh Magoh and his prized pupils, who saw more and more bullying of younger students and beginners, which ran contrary to the school's advertised focus of discipline and spiritual clarity. Unknown to Zaofan, Toh Magoh's scheme wasn't just to get rich off of poor students, but also to train an army of assassins for more lucrative jobs.

After the near-fatal mishap that gave him his Optic Blast ability, Zaofan realized the school's penchant for shortcuts and fearful of facing Toh Magoh and his students, Zaofan resumed his travels. Toh Magoh, though disappointed to lose a good student, instead redoubled his recruitment efforts. However, Zaofan left the Neo Crane school a good seven years prior to the start of the story; he has not heard much of Toh Magoh since then.

Other:

- The name is a straightforward pun on Yakimesh Tomago, a Japanese fried rice breakfast dish.
    Last edited by Cyke; 05-06-2018 at 07:08 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    I'm sorry....I don't know if its just something I can't unhear.......but everytime Koorimaru is talking with someone I can't help but think of a less villainous version of this.
    Alas, he's still more subtle than the character I wrote for SHR2.... In that Koorimaru actually tries to be subtle as opposed to Jason being.... Jason.

So spent a few hours trying to type a response to Totoma and Kami thing and finally got something. Not remotely happy with it, but better then starring blankly for a few more hours.

Kami said her sight isn't perfect.

Therefore Mr. Cromwell is totally still alive. He's just...uh, chilling.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Kami said her sight isn't perfect.

Therefore Mr. Cromwell is totally still alive. He's just...uh, chilling.
    Such Dandy Elegance