Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

I just noticed how suspicious Erik looks when Charles says that anyone that would live in their “better mutant world” “owes something”. Presumably we are seeing evidence of a rift between their houses.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I just noticed how suspicious Erik looks when Charles says that anyone that would live in their “better mutant world” “owes something”. Presumably we are seeing evidence of a rift between their houses.
    I did notice that is seemed a bit skeptical or pissed. So I am glad it wasn't just me, and I was reechoing. May be a showdown for leadership. Magneto never seemed to the to submit whale someone else called shots.

Or could be Xavier's tone of only welcoming certain mutants on grounds of what they "owe", rather than simply because they are fellow mutants who need salvation from humanity.

There probably will be a rift down the line.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

oh you can count on it. Just by the fact that House of x and m are separate. But also, because Alpha and Omega are opposites they will clash. If one is the creator the other is the destroyer.

Also I believe the two clashing arrows in the X logo refers to this.

Extraordinary Member

Moira X is the Theta, the destroyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphicisnovel View Post
    oh you can count on it. Just by the fact that House of x and m are separate. But also, because Alpha and Omega are opposites they will clash. If one is the creator the other is the destroyer.

Also I believe the two clashing arrows in the X logo refers to this.
    I think the arrows are about human and mutants species clashing.

Magneto really seemed uncomfortable with Xavier. there is a shady thing going on

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    https://www.creativebloq.com/news/ma...new-x-men-logo

The designer says what it means (which is partly the above).

Magneto really seemed uncomfortable with Xavier. there is a shady thing going on
    Magneto seems to be recognizing Xavier's command, but I don't think much else can be inferred from some blurry background sketches. I would look to his comments about the effect of Krakoa and his own success as possible clues to something. That said, Magneto seems to be one of the remaining X-Men in the future and not likely one of those who conspired against Xavier.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

Well, yeah. Either Cerebro-head isn't really Xavier, he's possessed or being controlled, or he's gone bad. Xavier isn't acting like Xavier.

Magneto, meanwhile, is wholly in-character. The resentment, the anger, the arrogance--it's all there.

Turns out Theta is used as the symbol for the ‘Watterson estimator’ which is often used as part of a test (Tajima’s D) to ascertain if a population is expanding after a bottleneck or contracting under evolutionary pressure.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Not to repeat if this had already been brought up in this thread, haven’t read through all of the previous 32 pages but did anyone notice that it looked like Xavier used telekinesis when he took the Damage Control hard drive from Mystique? Has that been discussed/addressed already? Or am I just misinterpreting the art?

Mighty Member

I was initially sceptical of the theory that Moira could be a Black Brain Telepath. But there is the small question of her icon:

Attachment 85340

(which is almost a theta with the top coloured in)

If she is, then it asks some huge questions. Not least being is this the Moira we know? My guess is yes. But if so how exactly does she exist? There are ways she could exist without time travel. Sinister may have made her years ago.

I can't help but add to the idea. What if she was not only a Black Brain Telepath, but was also Cardinal. What if Cardinal is a hive mind without being bounded by time? Has Sinister been playing an even longer game than it appears?
    The flashback scene with Xavier and Moira is a retcon. It's just a question of how much.

If Hickman's intent is to keep the existing continuity intact, either that's not really Moira or Moira is being possessed by someone from or with knowledge of the future we've been shown. This would further the parallels with Days of Future Past i.e. Kate Pryde from the future possessing her younger self.

If, OTOH, Hickman's intent is that really is Moira, and she's gained knowledge of the future, then what we're reading is an altered 616 timeline.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Not to repeat if this had already been brought up in this thread, haven’t read through all of the previous 32 pages but did anyone notice that it looked like Xavier used telekinesis when he took the Damage Control hard drive from Mystique? Has that been discussed/addressed already? Or am I just misinterpreting the art?
    It's been noted. Given this is Hickman, it's almost certain that it's deliberate. One more piece of evidence that something is off with Xavier.

Presumably, all will be revealed in time.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    It's been noted. Given this is Hickman, it's almost certain that it's deliberate. One more piece of evidence that something is off with Xavier.

Presumably, all will be revealed in time.
    Hmm true, very interesting. Wondering how that will factor into his reveal/the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    It's been discussed, others suggested its Magneto controlling the flash drive. Hickman probably left it ambiguous on purpose.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    It's been discussed, others suggested its Magneto controlling the flash drive. Hickman probably left it ambiguous on purpose.
    I thought that at first too but I don't think it's Magneto the USB didn't have his signature purple energy surrounding it which I thought was odd since Hickman made a point of showing that when Magneto dismantled the gun in HoX.

It doesnt make sense to be Magneto consider how it was drawn. X pulled his hand out forward and the thing came to him. What he could have done is access Magneto's powers to pull it, but he was definitely the one that made the drive come to him. Jean did that during Claremont's run with Cable when she didnt have her own TK