Page 205 of 216 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 3234
    BANNED

Huge thumbs up for Aaron's Thor finale. As someone who has savored this run, I found the final issue to be a wonderful celebration and summation of all that came before.

Looking forward to Cates' run but it's going to be strange to have someone else chronicling Thor's adventures.

I guess it's over then?

Guess it's time to gear up for whatever Cates' take ends up being.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Except his cosmic stuff Is critically acclaimed and are classica. Also since when he was disrespectful to continuity?
    Almost all of his work for DC. At Marvel it's somewhat different, because he had his own corner there, which he practically invented. I am not saying there is no quality in his work at all - some of his (older) work are classics, and deservedly so, but that fact doesn't change my statement at all. He had 'miscast' every character from Kirby's Fourth World (and every other available superhero, like Batman or John Stewart, the Green Lantern) in exactly the same manner Thanos was treated after him, many years before any other writer had the opportunity to take Thanos.
    "The critics? No, I have nothing but compassion for them. How can I hate the crippled, the mentally deficient, and the dead?"

All-New Member

Except his cosmic stuff Is critically acclaimed and are classica. Also since when he was disrespectful to continuity?
    I’m not sure it can be considered disrespectful (and indeed with one glaring exception he’s nowhere as bad as Aaron, if only because he ignored events instead of characterization), but his two latest trilogies are impossible to reconcile with canon events. They literally cannot have happened in the same multiverse as the rest of Marvel.
    Last edited by underfist; 12-19-2019 at 02:43 AM.

BANNED

Talking Happy Thor's Day!

Thor #230 Dec 1974
    "The Sky Above...The Pits Below!"
    Thor flies Hercules to Avengers Mansion, where he has Iron Man try to probe his mind to find out what happened to him,
    but Hercules comes to and lashes out smashing everything around him until Krista calms him down;

Back in Asgard, Hildegarde forces her way into Odin's chambers, only to find it empty;
    She searches until she finds the Vizier, who tells her that Odin has vanished, and no one knows where he is;
    Thor has Hercules make their way back to the tunnels where he was attacked;

Hercules opens up a piece of the tunnel,

letting in the light and causing the demons to flee.

Script by Gerry Conway, pencils by Rich Buckler, inks by Joe Sinnott

King Thor as a mini was a perfect ending to one of the all time great runs in modern comics. I was delighted that Esad Ribic was brought back to do this too, but I can’t help feeling that he missed his deadlines based on some of the art, which is a shame. I have said before that I enjoy sketchy Ribic, but this was a little too loose and unfinished for my taste.

The overall themes of Aaron’s run were wrapped up with skill and artistry. Especially the underlining of his core concept that it is enough just to be Thor. That whether or not he considers himself worthy, whether or not Gor was right, Thor remains a model god.

It feels odd to only see the Viking Avengers properly in this issue, I can only hope they will crop up again under Aaron’s pen. Also fun to see a future Avengers team. Perhaps he will write a mini for them. The biblical Million BC stories from Avengers have all been fascinating, so I would certainly be up for that.

Thank you Aaron for a great run with one of my favourite characters. You will be a hard act to follow.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

An ok/good ending from a mediocre run, at best. Aaron can't write thor (and most of marvel characters, really!)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    King Thor as a mini was a perfect ending to one of the all time great runs in modern comics. I was delighted that Esad Ribic was brought back to do this too, but I can’t help feeling that he missed his deadlines based on some of the art, which is a shame. I have said before that I enjoy sketchy Ribic, but this was a little too loose and unfinished for my taste.

The overall themes of Aaron’s run were wrapped up with skill and artistry. Especially the underlining of his core concept that it is enough just to be Thor. That whether or not he considers himself worthy, whether or not Gor was right, Thor remains a model god.

It feels odd to only see the Viking Avengers properly in this issue, I can only hope they will crop up again under Aaron’s pen. Also fun to see a future Avengers team. Perhaps he will write a mini for them. The biblical Million BC stories from Avengers have all been fascinating, so I would certainly be up for that.
    I loved the glimpses given here of potential future stories. I do hope Aaron plans to touch on some of them in his Avengers run or elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Thank you Aaron for a great run with one of my favourite characters. You will be a hard act to follow.
    Cates definitely has his work cut out for him!

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I loved the glimpses given here of potential future stories. I do hope Aaron plans to touch on some of them in his Avengers run or elsewhere.
    I'd be happy with Thor just plain leaving the Avengers book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    If those other fights are anything like the fight in this issue, I think it's safe to say that some fans' definition of "punked" is simply far too broad.
    I mean, he gets beat up in this run a lot and doesn't seem to give back anywhere near as much, so it's not like a it's a good showing for him one way or the other.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd be happy with Thor just plain leaving the Avengers book.

I mean, he gets beat up in this run a lot and doesn't seem to give back anywhere near as much, so it's not like a it's a good showing for him one way or the other.
    Friendly reminder for those who think Thor can't fight without Mjolnir.

All i have to say is i couldn't care less about the prehistoric avengers, the viking avengers or the lore rape avengers. And i can't wait for Cates to get Thor away from Aaron's Avengers.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

BANNED

Jason Aaron's Avengers must be the worst and most cringeworthy Avengers book I've ever read.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Sadly Aaron shitting on Thor doesn't seem to be over as not only is he in Aaron's Avengers but the March solicitation for Valkyrie indicates he'll probably have Thor get his ass kicked by Jane.

In other news, I'm pretty sure I've discovered what the Black Winter in Cates upcoming run is: The Creeping Plague from Galactus' original origin in Thor #169. It fits all the evidence so far: it's from the Lee & Kirby run but is obscure since it was retconned into just being entropy and the death of the universe in the various reprints of the origin, Silver Surfer: Black establishes the Black Winter as being from Galactus' previous universe and it would explain why all the solicitations talk about it being the end of everything.
    Last edited by Alpha to Omega; 12-19-2019 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    Sadly Aaron shitting on Thor doesn't seem to be over as not is he in Avengers but the March solicitation for Valkyrie indicates he'll probably have Thor get his ass kicked by Jane.
    Yeah, with Ewing gone I don't have high expectations for that issue as far as handling Thor.

Astonishing Member

Friendly reminder for those who think Thor can't fight without Mjolnir.

All i have to say is i couldn't care less about the prehistoric avengers, the viking avengers or the lore rape avengers. And i can't wait for Cates to get Thor away from Aaron's Avengers.
    What I always liked was how Thor hit Darío so hard he burned his own knuckles. I'm glad Ribic stuck around enough for that storyline, he helped to elevate them some.

BANNED

Jane Foster as Valkyrie will fight Thor with Aaron as the writer ? Well, f************************ck.