Page 238 of 334 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 5002
    Astonishing Member

Sometimes I feel like the only way to get a good Titans run would be to go full elseworld. There's too much baggage attached to the main universe Titans, which wouldn't be a problem if writers were willing to fix things and some fans were willing to accept change, instead of wanting the baggage to stick because it 'worked' or made a good story in the past.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Sometimes I feel like the only way to get a good Titans run would be to go full elseworld. There's too much baggage attached to the main universe Titans, which wouldn't be a problem if writers were willing to fix things and some fans were willing to accept change, instead of wanting the baggage to stick because it 'worked' or made a good story in the past.
    They just need one superstar push with three great books with Titans for Dick's Generation, Young Justice for Tim's Generation and Teen Titans for Damian's generation. It'd be awesome to establish Titans as a serious team in the DCU instead of a second rate Justice League.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I never want to see the Titans outright replace the League.
    If it didn't happen in 1985, when the Titans were at their peak, and the JL was at one of its lowest points in terms of DC properties, I don't think you have a lot to worry about.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    This reminds me - I'm sick of heroes being pitted against each other in fights. I mean, I know it's an old tradition. But frequently the results make no sense - often one wins even though they shoudln't either because it's their title or because they are more popular. It too often becomes a pissing contest between fans, and often results in diminishing one to (further) build up the other.
    Exactly this.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Sometimes I feel like the only way to get a good Titans run would be to go full elseworld.
    Not sure what you mean.
    What were some bad Titans runs and why?

Astonishing Member

Not sure what you mean.
    What were some bad Titans runs and why?
    Wolfman after Perez left, there was a lot going wrong, but my biggest issue was that he kept trying to justify Deathstroke.

Johns TT, it gets praised by a lot of fans, but all it did was derailed the YJ cast and started the trend of Titans characters getting killed off for shock value.

The writers who followed Johns continued the trends he started, more death and rehashed traitor plots.

New 52 Titans was a hot mess: Harvest was an overcomplicated villain with an unclear endgame, Bart was an imposter and Kon was, I'm not sure after all this time, it involved clones and time travel. Tim and Cassie weren't much better and their teammates were irrelevant.

The writers who came after Lobdell added Damian to the roster and he was a terrible leader both times.

The Titans comic got detailed by BWL shenanigans and Dick becoming Ric.

Titans Academy has the Titans as background characters for a bunch of uninteresting literally who's and wants to shill Red X.

I wasn't reading comics at the time, but I can't believe Johns thought making Bart Allen into Kid Flash was an upgrade. He had a unique identity, and then he goes and adopts a legacy, which on top of everything has the name "kid" which automatically makes it into a title he must eventually abandon since he will grow up.
    Last edited by Alpha; 08-03-2021 at 02:50 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I wasn't reading comics at the time, but I can't believe Johns thought making Bart Allen into Kid Flash was an upgrade. He had a unique identity, and then he goes and adopts a legacy, which on top of everything has the name "kid" which makes automatically makes it into a title he must eventually abandon since he will grow up.
    Here's something I learned about Johns a long time ago: if he can make a character look closer to something he grew up reading he will, logic be damned.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Titans Academy has the Titans as background characters for a bunch of uninteresting literally who's and wants to shill Red X.
    Not sure what I expected, but this is all debatable. Literally all of it.
    I'll highlight this one, though. Do you expect new characters to just absolutely never be given a chance ever or what?

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Here's something I learned about Johns a long time ago: if he can make a character look closer to something he grew up reading he will, logic be damned.
    Yep. He was trying to distort Bart into a version of Pre Crisis Wally West/Kid Flash which he remembered.

Even though Weisman is helming YJ, a lot of what they do on the show feels in line with how Johns views the DCU; the 'Titans' on the show are a sub org of the League and not their own thing, you have t-shirt and jeans Superboy in the same generation as Dick Grayson Robin and Wally West Kid Flash. NTT characters like Starfire and Raven are non existent although they managed to bring in Cyborg later on and the entire universe has the same tone.

They would have to re-rail the original NTT generation in order to get the others back on track first. Just give us good, well written OGN's with modernized retellings of the NTT's era's greatest hits alongside a modern day reboot of the time. At the same time, give us a modern reboot of the Titans as well as Tim and Damian's generations. The Titans need to keep appealing to the audience it was always meant for; the young adult audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I wasn't reading comics at the time, but I can't believe Johns thought making Bart Allen into Kid Flash was an upgrade. He had a unique identity, and then he goes and adopts a legacy, which on top of everything has the name "kid" which automatically makes it into a title he must eventually abandon since he will grow up.
    Yeah, that was an absolutely terrible call.

Have to admit, I don't really get why Bart ever left Manchester (before graduating high school, I mean). I know his comic was ending, but that was no excuse for him to abandon his family (or be abandoned by them) and take up new "parents." He didn't even have a title after that, so it's not like a shift to try to draw more readership.

I like Mandy from I am Not Starfire more than I like Jon S. Kent.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I like Mandy from I am Not Starfire more than I like Jon S. Kent.
    I am Not Starfire gets a lot of unnecessary hate. From what I've heard from unbiased sources, the book was good despite the 'alienating premise'. I have to read it for myself eventually.

Astonishing Member

Not sure what I expected, but this is all debatable. Literally all of it.
    I'll highlight this one, though. Do you expect new characters to just absolutely never be given a chance ever or what?
    No, I want new characters to get a chance, but I feel like the Titans are getting shafted.

Maybe right now they are, but there's definitely no way that's going to last.