Page 162 of 902 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212262662 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 13529
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

According to Meltzer, the plans WWE had for Adam Cole for the main roster is to make him a manager. The plan was to turn Keith Lee heel and make Cole his manager with them having the same dynamic as Lio Rush and Bobby Lashley. Cole would get a name change since apparently they didn't want the fans to confuse him with Michael Cole.

If that's true then good thing he jump ship.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's amazing that Vince can't see how horribly humiliating and debasing that plan/offer is. As much as I would try to show some grateful respect to Vince, I would have told him that no uncertain terms.

Vince thinks money can just buy any direction or angle for a wrestler, and that just has never been the case. He tried to end Honky Tonk Man's gimmick (with the famous SNME match against Savage) and Honky just refused and almost left (and of course Vince long subtly punished Honky creatively for refusing the character change and threatening to bail to a rival promotion).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-09-2021 at 11:28 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Olympic gold medalist Gable Stevenson signed with WWE
    https://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/...-year-deal-wwe

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    this happens because you have an uncanny(maybe even superhuman??) ability to miss the point of what people are saying to you. nobody was saying it's silly to put somebody into contention right away, we were saying you were being silly to suggest it HAD TO happen that way and you were being silly to suggest that having darby as punk's 1st match ruin his run in the company. THAT is what was silly.
    I'd say you too have a unique way of skipping through a lot of conversation to cherry pick one aspect and forget the days of debate of it . Because that went on for days and I gave reasons why Punk should have gotten Omega due to face heat he had coming in. The reasons made sense as we saw the same with Hogan and Angle in previous companies. I even took in that yes have Omega drop the title 1st then to Page if that is what is needed...but do the "hot" match as he was a hot star coming in.

But a big aspect was people telling me AEW doesn't book that way. That they just don't etc. I was like , well its wild to do this as you have hot debut etc. That was something posters told me then that even if it wasn't Punk ; AEW wouldn't book what were seeing. That they invested more in Hangman Page and he should get Omega. Which is said above sure , let him drop that to Page and go to Punk next if needed. This is before we knew Danielson was coming right in at what I thought Punk would do.

miro is not in the top 5 because he's a champ, same with omega, the tag, and women champs. they should probably establish a separate ranking for the tnt title.

MJF not being in the top 5 is the real head scratcher, he's only had like 1 singles loss in forever.

i would like for aew to stop booking good brothers, they're really not needed now.
    I'd say its because rank systems and all have failed a lot. WCW tried it in early 90's and had a top contenders list of people and within months it failed due to issues. TNA tried it as well and within weeks it was dropped due to same issues. Ranking systems just haven't worked. I mean in old mark magazines they did as they came out once a month then lol.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    It's not about what the network audience wants. It's about what the network wants. WWE has made that abundantly clear over the past few years.

NBCUniversal paid a ton of money to buy the network for Peacock. They want a constant flow of content for it to make it worth their money. Yes, they could fill that with specials and documentaries.
    i want those
    i love NXT UK https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NXT_UK
    people actually know whats going on there and plan things out
    i feel its very underrated
    love the heritage cup #1 contenders tournament semi finals
    wolfgang v sam gradwell (who is starting to grow on me)
    of course Andy Shepherd and Nigel McGuinnes are really good
    Last edited by steve2275; 09-09-2021 at 04:18 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Just confusong AEW booking...Ruby Soho can skip the 5 challenger deal and be thrown into Britt Baker feud.
    That has always been the terms of the Buy In and the battle royal.

Winner gets a shot, regardless of rankings.
    This one seemingly even used to do the NWO gesture at times as well.
    The Clique gave the then Bullet Club, whom are now the current Elite, permission to use 2 Sweet as a sign of respect.

Kind of like when the Horsemen passed on certain things to a stable that was like them.

Danielson didn't kill the rule. Unless they hot shot the match with Omega the rule hasn't been broken. They can have him mow down the Elite in single matches to get enough wins to face Omega.
    Omega stating, "That's now how things work here" and BDazzler running through the Elite would check off damn near all his "dream match" boxes.

Seems Cole is facing Kazarian soon. That seems to be where that is going. They just had Ruby break the rule as well. I mean ...its just a **** rule. Rank systems rarely work in pro wrestling as heels will lose a lot as do faces at times. Danielson coming out hopefully has them deciding to end the rule.
    Da Meltz had reported Jungle Boy was the first talked about match for Cole. It looked like those 2 kept targeting each other. Kaz would be fine, too.

As for the rule ... Ruby won the BR that explicitly says you get to leap the ranking system. Think Money in the Bank or the G-1 contract or WW3 Battle Royales some years.

Bryan will probably either get an unsanctioned match like Moxley did with Omega or just mow down the Elite to get Omega.

They've have 17 rematches this year total ... as opposed to the 200+ WWE has done ... feuds are different in AEW.

Part of me thinks weeks ago where I was told how AEW wouldn't change how its booked and how silly I was to expect AEW to debut a guy right at facing Omega (Danielson instead of Punk) or Ruby etc.
    That's not what was meant.

Ruby won AEW's only "instant title shot" gimmick.

It remains to be seen with Bryan but they didn't do it with Mox, Punk, Christian, et al. Don't think they'll hot shot him, either. Bryan going right after the Elite makes WAAY more sense than Punk. Punk has not been around so getting into the main event scene would be weird. Let him play with the new toys. Bryan was hot and is hot. He wrestled before AEW this year. He can be the guy right now. Let Punk fall in love again. BTW Bryan's promo totally was a shot at Punk, too, "I always was a wrestler. Where ever I went, I brought wrestling with me." etc. American Dragon vs. CM Punk I am fairly confident will happen within the next 18 months.

And Omega has other titles Bryan can take a shot at, too. He said he wants to be a FA. Time will tell.

I'd say its because rank systems and all have failed a lot. WCW tried it in early 90's and had a top contenders list of people and within months it failed due to issues. TNA tried it as well and within weeks it was dropped due to same issues. Ranking systems just haven't worked. I mean in old mark magazines they did as they came out once a month then lol.
    AEW is running their rank system like IWGP was initially setup, except this time ... the ranks are public. There is a weighting involved, which we have seen for the likes of OC, Christian, and somebody else I forget at the moment. The "weight" is unknown at the time and it probably is their work-a-round. e.g. They weighed OC's career wins with his hot streak to give him a title shot at Omega, they added in Christian's TNA title match into his ranking for his AEW shot, etc.

WCW and later 80s / early 90s NJPW ranking problems was the ego involved. AEW seems to be one giant family. Maybe that's why it is sticking around.

Maybe in other year it will be dead.

Doesn't the yearly wipe out happen soon, too?
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-09-2021 at 04:58 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Ilja Dragunov defeated Walter (c) by submission Singles match for the NXT United Kingdom Championship
    with by commentary Dragunov ripley cesaro drew mc balor sheamus
    Last edited by steve2275; 09-09-2021 at 04:58 PM.
    Transformers TCG player

"This week's episode of WWE RAW, which was booked around the Tag Team Turmoil match, drew an overnight viewership of 1.85 million, with a 0.52 rating in the 18-49 demo (which means 678,000 viewers were aged between 18-49).

On the other hand, last night's episode of AEW Dynamite, which featured the fallout from All Out (which was AEW's most successful PPV event ever), drew an overnight viewership of 1.32 million, with a 0.53 rating in the 18-49 demo (which means 681,000 viewers were aged between 18-49)."

Also, look who is MISTER NXT SEPTEMBER 2021:

LOL! Whoops ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Yea, AEW resets the rankings every year. It won't look bad if they decide to give Lee Johnson a big push and he has like a 12-76 record.

Astonishing Member

https://twitter.com/bobby_steveson/s...56421108420613 found it
    https://twitter.com/ParkerBoudreaux/...26592980946944
    Replying to @ParkerBoudreaux and @bobby_steveson
    holy size difference
    https://twitter.com/Fiend4FolIows/st...13300978962440 he he he
    time for Bunkhouse Brawl: Rich Swann vs. Karl Anderson
    mickie james interview
    Chris Bey vs. David Finlay
    Steve Maclin vs. Petey Williams II
    i choose sami callihan
    (accompanied by w morrisey)Moose vs. Eddie Edwards
    Last edited by steve2275; 09-09-2021 at 08:29 PM.
    Transformers TCG player

Ultimate Member

According to Meltzer, the plans WWE had for Adam Cole for the main roster is to make him a manager. The plan was to turn Keith Lee heel and make Cole his manager with them having the same dynamic as Lio Rush and Bobby Lashley. Cole would get a name change since apparently they didn't want the fans to confuse him with Michael Cole.

At the moment, AEW is looking a much more attractive proposition to any wrestler that’s fairly established.

WWE doesn’t seem to know exactly what to do with a good chunk of their wrestlers.

WWE is just churning out bad idea after bad idea. Seriously, look at Karrion Kross’s presentation and this garbage with Adam Cole, it just doesn’t make sense.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    "This week's episode of WWE RAW, which was booked around the Tag Team Turmoil match, drew an overnight viewership of 1.85 million, with a 0.52 rating in the 18-49 demo (which means 678,000 viewers were aged between 18-49).

On the other hand, last night's episode of AEW Dynamite, which featured the fallout from All Out (which was AEW's most successful PPV event ever), drew an overnight viewership of 1.32 million, with a 0.53 rating in the 18-49 demo (which means 681,000 viewers were aged between 18-49)."

Also, look who is MISTER NXT SEPTEMBER 2021:

LOL! Whoops ...
    AEW is on a roll right now and it’s being fueled by the WWE.

WWE seemed determined to make AEW a success by mismanaging their stars.

Even Cornette, the most anti-AEW guy in the world has pretty much acknowledged this.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    AEW is on a roll right now and it’s being fueled by the WWE.

WWE seemed determined to make AEW a success by mismanaging their stars.

Even Cornette, the most anti-AEW guy in the world has pretty much acknowledged this.
    Foley did, too, recently.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    It might just be that I'm personally not all adjusted to the coming & going of these awesome special shows they do. And l looked at a schedule on wikipedia and they happen on kinda random dates throughout the year.

All I think I'm trying to say is that maybe possibly it would be wise to make up for not having monthly PPVs by really building up some special show (or Dynamite) main events more. Maybe that way fans could get some more instant gratification payoff on certain feuds or dream matches (and don't get me wrong, the special shows do a decent job of doing this already, just maybe they can or must do even better). There is something to be said for monthly PPVs and I think so many wrestling fans are just used to that model, for better or worse, and it helps satiate fan desire for more instant gratification in a wrestling world where wrestlers don't have forever to be healthy and in their prime.
    i'm a firm believer there's always room for improvement(handling of jamie hayter since return for xample), but there's a lot to be said for the old "if it ain't broke don't try and fix it" stance as well.

I'd say you too have a unique way of skipping through a lot of conversation to cherry pick one aspect and forget the days of debate of it . Because that went on for days and I gave reasons why Punk should have gotten Omega due to face heat he had coming in. The reasons made sense as we saw the same with Hogan and Angle in previous companies. I even took in that yes have Omega drop the title 1st then to Page if that is what is needed...but do the "hot" match as he was a hot star coming in.
    thanks, it's a skill i've had to acquire over the years of reading your posts. for instance, i don't need to address the reasons you gave because it's your opinion. so many have tried to xplain to you that they don't have to do it that way(and they didn't)

But a big aspect was people telling me AEW doesn't book that way. That they just don't etc. I was like , well its wild to do this as you have hot debut etc. That was something posters told me then that even if it wasn't Punk ; AEW wouldn't book what were seeing. That they invested more in Hangman Page and he should get Omega. Which is said above sure , let him drop that to Page and go to Punk next if needed. This is before we knew Danielson was coming right in at what I thought Punk would do.
    and you're acting as if you were proven right despite it being xplained to you we've seen nothing to suggest brainson won't earn his title shot, no rules have been thrown out(so far) for brianson or ruby. it goes over your head every time though.

i'm not a big fan of ranking systems personally but i think they've done a good job managing it so far. it's not something they need to immediately shitcan.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 09-10-2021 at 02:41 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

few have mentioned Danielson can face The Elite in matches Lbo. Yes I saw that and even asked...how that works on a ranking system AEW has for singles wtestlers .Basically the Bucks and Good Brothers..and Cole. But beyond Cole the others are tag team workers.

I mean earlier I brought up.a friend joking how a guy on the non tv shows is beating people each week. But those guys aren't seemingly ranked as much. Why would tag team guys be ranked here ?

Then we have Miro as someone else brought up. Seemingly he's been on a roll but as Champion he can't go higher ? Yet the tag team guys are gonna be ranked higher as singles ?

Yes you all have brought up Battle Royal which is a good way around the rank system. Which seems to be what AEW did here and a #1 Contenders match as well. Ruby could have debuted any other way really but this was an end around deal really lol.

I said it weeks ago as AEW added more talent and wanted to push stars things would change. Were likely seeing it as they used ways around it.

Danielson will likely be made to run a gauntlet or Labors of Jericho type deal where yes...he has to pin all of Elite to get to Omega. But its not like Bucks or Good Brothers single ranked so its gonna be a stipulation deal .

And yep I'd shitcan the ranking system. That way you can just do what were seeing here now.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.