Page 69 of 233 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Was about to say that myself. Some of the promos have shown the two of them talking outside the initial encounter.
    Isn't he a COIE one-off? I'm talking who is going to be her mentor long-term.

Arrow, in flashbacks had Slade. Batwoman's past training, that we don't get to see, doesn't seem to have a special mentor there either. She's got no-one guiding her so far. Heck, even Batman has Alfred.

If they keep Kevin Conroy's Bruce around to be her mentor, great, but not so sure it will happen.

Mighty Member

Awesome job Kevin Conroy did as the Kingdom Come Batman.

Well, so much for Kevin (that version anyway) being Kate's mentor. But I would love to see more of him in live-action Bruce Wayne role.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Awesome job Kevin Conroy did as the Kingdom Come Batman.
    He wasn't the Kingdome Come Batman though, right? The look was based on him, but from what we see, that's not supposed to be the same character that was in "Kingdom Come." That Batman wore the exoskeleton thing when he was still buddies with Superman. The Conroy Batman had to wear it because of Superman for some non-disclosed reason.

The one thing that was cool was how we hear Conroy as Bruce before we see him. It's little things like that that show the people doing this really are fans and were likely geeking out over all the toys they had to play with.

In terms of "Crisis" - there's no way they'll have Skarsten's Dinah Lance from "Birds of Prey" run into Kate is there?
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-09-2019 at 10:13 PM.

This episode was incredible!

Still can't quite believe they killed of (a) Batman and had Kate literally referred to as "the Bat of the Future". It was a great way to hype her up and hammer home her importance but I imagine some people will be upset by it, loved it myself!

Having her be shown the photo of what could've been if she'd never lost Beth was pretty heartbreaking too. nice to see Kara trying to give Kate hope but I doubt they can bring her back to what she was or could've been.

And Kara telling Kate how she'd never be like the bad Bruce... right before it is revealed that Kate kept his Kryptonite even though Kara has pretty much been her best friend was pretty harsh. Hopefully she never actually uses it (or needs to)!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    He wasn't the Kingdome Come Batman though, right? The look was based on him, but from what we see, that's not supposed to be the same character that was in "Kingdom Come." That Batman wore the exoskeleton thing when he was still buddies with Superman. The Conroy Batman had to wear it because of Superman for some non-disclosed reason.

The one thing that was cool was how we hear Conroy as Bruce before we see him. It's little things like that that show the people doing this really are fans and were likely geeking out over all the toys they had to play with.

In terms of "Crisis" - there's no way they'll have Skarsten's Dinah Lance from "Birds of Prey" run into Kate is there?
    He was a fusion of Kingdom Come and Dark Knight Returns Batman, with a sprinkling of Batfleck's crazy, out-of-control, Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Barry is pretty friendly, but he's not the ray of sunshine and rainbows that is Kara .
    But remember, when Kate met Barry and Oliver, they had switched lives and Barry was channeling Oliver's darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Isn't he a COIE one-off? I'm talking who is going to be her mentor long-term.

Arrow, in flashbacks had Slade. Batwoman's past training, that we don't get to see, doesn't seem to have a special mentor there either. She's got no-one guiding her so far. Heck, even Batman has Alfred.

If they keep Kevin Conroy's Bruce around to be her mentor, great, but not so sure it will happen.
    Arrow had multiple mentors. Slade, Shado, Yao Fei, Anatoli, Amanda Waller, Maseo, and Talia. I suppose you can also throw in Ra's al Ghul.

Quote Originally Posted by Elden View Post
    And Kara telling Kate how she'd never be like the bad Bruce... right before it is revealed that Kate kept his Kryptonite even though Kara has pretty much been her best friend was pretty harsh. Hopefully she never actually uses it (or needs to)!
    If anything, Kara may see that as a similarity to Oliver and accept it. Remember, Oliver had Kryptonite arrows in case an evil Kara ever showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    If anything, Kara may see that as a similarity to Oliver and accept it. Remember, Oliver had Kryptonite arrows in case an evil Kara ever showed up.
    And with mind control, magic, and whatever else, yeah. And clearly Kate holds to the "no kill" code, so it would only be to weaken her, not kill.

Well, so much for Kevin (that version anyway) being Kate's mentor. But I would love to see more of him in live-action Bruce Wayne role.
    I have to wonder how this is going to affect Kate going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Arrow had multiple mentors. Slade, Shado, Yao Fei, Anatoli, Amanda Waller, Maseo, and Talia. I suppose you can also throw in Ra's al Ghul.
    Ah, see! Flash, Arrow, Supergirl - all had more than 1 mentor. Batwoman has a total of no mentors. They must be planning to give her someone to teach her after the COIE.

Kate did technically have a mentor, that old guy briefly seen at the beginning of the Pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Kate did technically have a mentor, that old guy briefly seen at the beginning of the Pilot.
    That was only one of many I'm sure when Kate was training herself. Julia is another one. I'm hoping Luke will actually end up teaching Kate a lot once she lets down her guard.

He did sort of teach Kate what not to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Elden View Post
    This episode was incredible!

Still can't quite believe they killed of (a) Batman and had Kate literally referred to as "the Bat of the Future". It was a great way to hype her up and hammer home her importance but I imagine some people will be upset by it, loved it myself!

Having her be shown the photo of what could've been if she'd never lost Beth was pretty heartbreaking too. nice to see Kara trying to give Kate hope but I doubt they can bring her back to what she was or could've been.

I did like how Kate was going to give Kara the kryptonite but Kara told her to keep it just in case.

Huh, so around the same time TV Batwoman takes to using a staff, comics Kate uses a baton:

Up until now she usually goes hand-to-hand, apart from the usual Bat-Family-gadgets, and the occasional gun. Though I think she did uses a baton way back in her debut (before the solo series), can't find any panels showing it though. Maybe TV Kate can take to using a baton next, and comics Batwoman can use a staff.