Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Armor was introduced at the same time (2004) but mostly appeared in Uncanny prior to HoM, I believe. However I think she did appear in the book under KYost. She's something of a peripheral character, but still has FAR better claim to being a New X-Man than @#$%ing GLOB and QUENTIN, who keep getting forced on us whenever we ask for NXM love in the books.
    True that. Morrison introduced a bunch of potentially interesting students in Keratin, Contact, Polymer, Mentat, Slick, etc. and all we get are the ones I don't like; Glob, Quentin, Fantomex, Beak, etc. And very much a different 'generation' than the Academy X era!

I did not remember Armor appearing during the Kyost years, but I certainly didn't read every book and could have missed a lot! But still, someone like Dallas Gibson/Specter or Melody Guthrie/Aero or Andrea Margoulis/Rubbermaid or Kidogo (whose name I don't recall...), while very much third-tier characters, were still way more relevant to that era than half of the 'teen X-Men' they trot out from other generations.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Exactly. If Hellion or Dust or Wind-Dancer or Indra or Loa had been on the list, oh yes, but in their absence, it was Tempo for me. (I'd love Roberto as well, but I think there's stuff in the works for him, hopefully, and I don't want to see the Sam and 'Berto bromance split up, which would seem likely if only one of them were on this new team.)

I don't dislike Armor, but she's not from the Academy X/New X-Men 'generation,' AFAIK, and not even my favorite of the force-field-chicklets (Skids, Unuscione, Cecelia Reyes, etc.).
    But she is from that generation ! The difference is that she got more lucky, being created and used by Whedon and Cassaday in Astonishing X-Men . She did appears in New X-Men.

new-x-men-23-fight.jpg

1875135-datrain.jpg

193093-137-armor.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Dearest Leah Williams,

Please won't you please continue fostering #ThinkFast in future issues.
    And if you're able please confirm or repeal Tommy's mutant status / identify where he's living these days.

Thx
    XOXO
    Fokken, it's the way that your prayers have been answered in less than 24 hours
    https://www.cbr.com/x-factor-speed-d...leyne-preview/

OMFG YESSSSSS Tommy is ON KRAKOA!!!!!!!

Chris Yost saying on Twitter that he wants to revisit the New X-men kids. **** Yes!

Please universe give this to us.

I'm enjoying New Mutants but Anole being there is rubbing me the wrong way. It's like he never grew up, he should be atleast 18-19 right now.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Chris Yost saying on Twitter that he wants to revisit the New X-men kids. **** Yes!

Please universe give this to us.
    Oh yes please. Bring back Kyle & Yost along with Skottie Young and watch perfection unfold.

And let them bring back a character (Rockslide) instead of killing some, this time.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I'm enjoying New Mutants but Anole being there is rubbing me the wrong way. It's like he never grew up, he should be atleast 18-19 right now.
    He should also know better than to hang out with the Shadow King.
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    He should also know better than to hang out with the Shadow King.
    He really should, didn't he start off as an Xmen stan? Maybe the Shadow King is making the kids docile and forgetful
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    *pic*
    Now i wonder where they set the legal drinking age on Krakoa? Of course the two might not drink alcoholic drinks there, but i still wonder.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Now i wonder where they set the legal drinking age on Krakoa? Of course the two might not drink alcoholic drinks there, but i still wonder.
    To be fair age in comics are weird

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    To be fair age in comics are weird.
    True that. After M-Day, Indra was the youngest, and I just saw him recently at the Boneyard *taller than Polaris* and filled out quite a bit, definitely looking (young) adult, meanwhile Anole, who was older than him, has regressed to a twelve-to-fourteen year old, it seems...

I mean, obviously they aren't going to age in real time. (Scott, Jean, etc. would be 75+. Xavier, a Korean war vet, and Magneto, a child during WW2, would be 90-ish. Even Glob and Quentin would be mid to late 30s, pushing 40!) But Anole getting *younger* just seems odd. He was *running Worthington Enterprises* not so long ago!

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    And let them bring back a character (Rockslide) instead of killing some, this time.
    I feel like they missed an opportunity there (or perhaps they haven't yet, since he could be in a state of flux and just need a push to one quantum state, someone to 'open Schodinger's box' and lock him into a single state once and for all, and not trapped in a state of uncertain endless possibility). An evolved version of Santo who has an organic human body, and assembles rocky armor *over* himself, like some sort of 'geocarapace' mecha-suit, could be one logical 'final evolution' of the character, and allow him, like Colossus, to enjoy a human existence (food, sex, etc.) *and* be a 'stone badass.'

I could totally see Santo going through this final evolution. His rocky body gets shattered by some devastating attack, and his friends are waiting for him to reform, but the rubble shifts and a human arm emerges. Santo's never-before-seen-by-his-friends human form pulls himself from the rubble, looks down and shouts, "I have a penis!"

'Cause, Santo. All about the priorities.

And then next time he feels threatened, earth and stone rises around him and he's 'Rockslide,' ready for action again.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 02-06-2021 at 06:12 PM.

Wolf Cub will be getting some panel time come May:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-the-man-thing