View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1420 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 4209201320137014101416141714181419142014211422142314241430 ... LastLast
Results 21,286 to 21,300 of 21670
    Incredible Member

Looks like I can skip on the Batman/Spawn hardcover that just came out since they’re releasing a Deluxe Edition in April that includes the new crossover as well.

If it was already announced prior to the Feb 2023 solicits I totally missed it — but so glad to see JSA by Geoff Johns V5 on the way. V4 came out over two years ago, so I assumed this series had been orphaned.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

DC Oversized February 2023 solicitations (DC Omnibuses are on the way to becoming an extinct breed, 3rd month without one):

BATMAN/SPAWN: THE DELUXE EDITION OHC
    Written by TODD McFARLANE, FRANK MILLER, DOUG MOENCH, CHUCK DIXON, and ALAN GRANT
    Art by GREG CAPULLO, TODD McFARLANE, and KLAUS JANSON
    Cover by GREG CAPULLO and TODD McFARLANE
    $29.99 US | 280 pages | 7 1/16" x 10 7/8" | Hardcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77952-281-8
    ON SALE 4/4/23
    Two of comics’ darkest characters cross paths again in the most anticipated comics event of the decade! Batman and Spawn are two vigilantes of the night who avenge the innocent by their own methods. When sinister forces manipulate the Dark Knight and the Hellspawn into confronting each other, you can bet that there’ll be hell to pay when our heroes discover the truth and turn the tables on their would-be puppeteers. This deluxe edition of the blockbuster event features the 2022 Batman/Spawn one-shot; 1994’s Batman/Spawn: War Devil #1 and Spawn/Batman #1; and a gallery of behind-the-scenes art from the new story and the original tales from the '90s.

THE BATMAN WHO LAUGHS: THE DELUXE EDITION OHC
    Written by SCOTT SNYDER and JAMES TYNION IV
    Art by JOCK and EDUARDO RISSO
    Cover by JOCK
    $39.99 US | 280 pages | 7 1/16" x 10 7/8" | Hardcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77952-147-7
    ON SALE 4/18/23
    He unleashed the Dark Multiverse in the epic series Dark Nights: Metal. Now superstar writer Scott Snyder reunites with acclaimed artist Jock to set that evil alternate reality’s deadliest denizen loose in Gotham City. Half Batman. Half Joker. Combining everything that makes the Caped Crusader a hero and the Clown Prince a killer, the Batman Who Laughs is the Dark Multiverse’s deadliest criminal mastermind. Now he’s come to Gotham to turn Bruce Wayne’s home into an incubator for evil. And he hasn’t come alone. Emerging from another of the Dark Multiverse’s myriad realities comes the Grim Knight. This vicious vigilante will use any weapon at his disposal to ensure those he has marked for death stay down. A war like no other—a war of the Batmen—has begun.
    This deluxe edition collects the full seven-issue miniseries and the one-shot special The Batman Who Laughs: The Grim Knight, and features a brand-new wraparound cover by Jock!

SANDMAN MYSTERY THEATRE COMPENDIUM ONE
    Written by MATT WAGNER and STEVEN T. SEAGLE
    Art by GUY DAVIS, JOHN WATKISS, R.G. TAYLOR, and others
    Cover by GAVIN WILSON
    $59.99 US | 984 pages | 6 5/8" x 10 3/16" | Softcover | ISBN: 978-1-77952-153-8
    ON SALE 3/21/23
    In this noir collection, millionaire Wesley Dodds becomes the Sandman to fight injustice in 1930s New York City, going after kidnappers, blackmailers, and predators who prey on rich socialites. Armed with a tranquilizing gas gun and driven by an unrelenting sense of justice, the Sandman moves through a decadent post-Depression landscape, stalking the predators who hide themselves beneath society’s callous indifference to the weak and vulnerable. This first of two compendiums collects Sandman Mystery Theatre #1-36 and Sandman Mystery Theatre Annual #1 and features an introduction from comedian Patton Oswalt, the voice of Matthew the Raven on Netflix’s The Sandman!

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    SANDMAN MYSTERY THEATRE COMPENDIUM ONE
    Written by MATT WAGNER and STEVEN T. SEAGLE
    Art by GUY DAVIS, JOHN WATKISS, R.G. TAYLOR, and others
    Cover by GAVIN WILSON
    $59.99 US | 984 pages | 6 5/8" x 10 3/16" | Softcover | ISBN: 978-1-77952-153-8
    ON SALE 3/21/23
    In this noir collection, millionaire Wesley Dodds becomes the Sandman to fight injustice in 1930s New York City, going after kidnappers, blackmailers, and predators who prey on rich socialites. Armed with a tranquilizing gas gun and driven by an unrelenting sense of justice, the Sandman moves through a decadent post-Depression landscape, stalking the predators who hide themselves beneath society’s callous indifference to the weak and vulnerable. This first of two compendiums collects Sandman Mystery Theatre #1-36 and Sandman Mystery Theatre Annual #1 and features an introduction from comedian Patton Oswalt, the voice of Matthew the Raven on Netflix’s The Sandman!

You don't understand how excited I am to see this. A minor shame it will be a bit of a wait, but I'm pumped—instant pre-order.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Looks like I can skip on the Batman/Spawn hardcover that just came out since they’re releasing a Deluxe Edition in April that includes the new crossover as well.
    The new one wasn’t illustrated by Todd McFarlane so I’m fine with the version that just came out last week.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    You don't understand how excited I am to see this. A minor shame it will be a bit of a wait, but I'm pumped—instant pre-order.
    I hope for all fans of SMT that there will be a volume 2 to wrap up the series.

Annoyed at the Spawn/Bats ohc when I bought the standard one last week. Sigh.

Stoked for Mystery Theatre though. I was annoyed when the dropped the trades after 2 volumes years ago. But, this will make up for it

Glad to see the Blackest Night Omni got a restock so I could finally get it.

Whoa — thanks for the heads up. I missed out on this previously and was waiting for a reprint/restock.

Incredible Member

Amazon have just dispatched my copy of "Silver Age Batman Omnibus 1"

All being well will arrive on Monday!

BANNED

What are the chances of DC continuing the collections they abruptly stopped publishing, such as Jim Balent’s Catwoman and Peter David‘s Supergirl? It hurt to see Ed Brubaker’s Catwoman run get an omnibus because I hated it and it has unfortunately been DC’s go-to take on Selina ever since.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    What are the chances of DC continuing the collections they abruptly stopped publishing, such as Jim Balent’s Catwoman and Peter David‘s Supergirl?
    Less than zero.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    What are the chances of DC continuing the collections they abruptly stopped publishing, such as Jim Balent’s Catwoman and Peter David‘s Supergirl? It hurt to see Ed Brubaker’s Catwoman run get an omnibus because I hated it and it has unfortunately been DC’s go-to take on Selina ever since.
    It is more likely that the titles are collected in a new format like an omnibus or compendium.