Page 777 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2776777277677737747757767777787797807817878278771277 ... LastLast
Results 11,641 to 11,655 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Though I get why people weren't thrilled by this, I also get why WWE did it.

In what is arguably the most important week in wrestling in the last decade, WWE wanted the Smackdown debut on Fox to dominate the narrative. And I believe they suceeded in doing that.
    A Brock vs Cain feud writes itself. There's a lot of history there. It doesn't need the belt.

This is a kick in the teeth. Cain told ESPN he didn't sign a contract with WWE and he still having discussions with AEW and New Japan
    https://www.espn.com/mma/ufc/story/_...quez-talks-wwe

So Kofi died for a guy that isn't signed and could be snatch up by the competition. WTF is wrong with this company?
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 10-04-2019 at 08:45 PM.

Astonishing Member

This is some bullbleep. I am guessing this was a Fox request and Vince over the top delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This is a kick in the teeth. Cain told ESPN he didn't sign a contract with WWE and he still having discussions with AEW and New Japan
    https://www.espn.com/mma/ufc/story/_...quez-talks-wwe

So Kofi died for a guy that isn't signed and could be snatch up by the competition. WTF is wrong with this company?
    Honestly I doubt he would have showed up on tv to the degree he did if it wasn't a done deal.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

This didn't need the title. Brock the last few years has been overdone as champion and its gotten stale. The WWE wanted to get folks talking and it did on several points. Most are people are frustrated with a company pushing Brock Lesnar....yet again. The company needed to push its new champion and stars for this network audience. They instead crept back to 2015 and 2016 again.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I doubt he would have showed up on tv to the degree he did if it wasn't a done deal.
    The man himself is saying otherwise. WWE have put themselves in an extremely vulnerable position. Their entire main-event program can go up in smoke if Tony Khan decides to add more zeros to Cain's check.

Astonishing Member

That sounds like some Bishcoff-era WCW levels of stupidity.

A Brock vs Cain feud writes itself. There's a lot of history there. It doesn't need the belt.
    The fact that it doesn't need the belt is why I honestly don't think it will involve the belt when they actually wrestle.

Mysterio will probably get the WWE title match, beat Brock with interference by Cain, which will set up their feud. Or at least that's what I'm guessing. I don't think they want Cain winning the WWE title... and I also don't think they want Cain losing to Brock right out of the gate. So I think the belt will be off Brock when they actually wrestle against each other. Plus they probably need to buy as much time as possible to get Cain as ring ready as possible.

The man himself is saying otherwise. WWE have put themselves in an extremely vulnerable position. Their entire main-event program can go up in smoke if Tony Khan decides to add more zeros to Cain's check.
    Oh, I'm not doubting he said it. I just doubt he meant it.

But yeah... if he shows up in AEW then clearly Vince made a mistake here. Again, I just doubt it would have gone this far if they didn't already agree to do business.

Astonishing Member

Hilariously Kofi is trending over both Cain and Brock atm.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    It's similar to Daniel Bryan and Becky Lynch. People (justifiably) believe that Kofi got screwed and the powers that be don't see him as a star. And that meta element of the story will likely (hopefully?) mean Kofi continues to be hot with the crowd despite his loss.

Astonishing Member

I am pretty sure that Cain and John Morrison are lying about their contract status.

Vince might be incredibly misguided and short sighted at times, but he isn't stupid.

Speaking of misguided, all the work that was put into Kofi by Kofi and his opponents has been flushed down the drain for the Brock Fetish.

Brock could have lost to Kofi by interference from Rey, and then ran after Rey, only to be met by Cain.

Everybody is protected and Kofi can drop the belt to a full timer in a nice long feud.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Tell me if you've heard this one before. Jeff Hardy arrested for driving while impaired.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

because people care about kofi.

Vince. It basically all comes down to Vince and his 'real men' fetish.
    And don't forget Vince's racism. That's a factor, too.