Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Sabretooth still works as a characther, he just shouldn't be played as an enemy of the X-Men, just Wolverine and maybe some street level heroes, because he isn't really a threat for most of the team.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I kind of loved that issue where Jean let him know this. The whole “You are a firecracker and I am an atom bomb” bit was pretty solid.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Always found that line overrated. Not particularly clever.

A better underrated line, imo is when he tells Jean to read his mind & she replied not needing to open a garbage can to know there's only trash inside.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-09-2020 at 10:13 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I’m sure Creed was really pissed they jailed him, when he had a notable booty call on Krakoa named Monet.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I kind of loved that issue where Jean let him know this. The whole “You are a firecracker and I am an atom bomb” bit was pretty solid.
    I like how it got homaged in Babylon 5, when the telepath Lyta is boasting about how the alien race that seeded humanity with the potential to be telepaths (as future weapons against their enemies) made most handguns, and, pointing to herself, a few nuclear bombs.

It's neat how stuff from Jean, in particular, seems to sneak into other sci-fi/fantasy stuff.

The bit where Jean, in the Dark Phoenix Saga, opens up Mastermind's mind to all of creation and blows his mind is also used in the sci-fi show Andromeda, when a character named Trance does that exact thing to a foe, basically giving him unasked-for omniscience, without the sort of brain that can handle that much input.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I’m sure Creed was really pissed they jailed him, when he had a notable booty call on Krakoa named Monet.
    Monet has high chances of being back with Synch.

Her relationship with Jobbertooth is pretty much filler. Bunn even declared that run on Uncanny as filler himself. Plus since he's evil again, Monet has no reason to be interested in him for anything. lol

The only woman who will have Crud is Mystink -sad as that is on his end. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-09-2020 at 06:18 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Monet has high chances of being back with Synch.

Her relationship with Jobbertooth is pretty much filler. Bunn even declared that run on Uncanny as filler himself. Plus since he's evil again, Monet has no reason to be interested in him for anything. lol

The only woman who will have Crud is Mystink -sad as that is on his end. lol
    But Synch is still a teen while Monet is a grown woman now.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    But Synch is still a teen while Monet is a grown woman now.
    Hickman said people can be brought back & aged up as needed. So Synch may very well have been resurrected at Monet's current age.

Wolverine has it in him too given some of his forceful & stalker-like behavior. Daken is a rapist. What's the excuse for Mystique & Omega Red? Rapists that don't get half Sabretooth's judgement or humiliation.

Nobody has yet to answer what Sabretooth only possibly being a rapist is worse than Omega Red, Mystique, and Daken who also are as well.

The Joker is a domestic abuser, and rapist from what I hear from DC Batman fans. Yet he's got his own film, been made child friendly in shows, and may still be treated as a genuine danger to Batman.

So Sabretooth's evil isn't a valid excuse for what's happened to his character over the last 17 years.
    You're deflecting. This thread is about Sabretooth. Im not going to defend Daken, Mystique, Omega Red or Joker either bc they are all trash. Doesnt negate that Sabretooth is a sadistic rapist monster

Hickman said people can be brought back & aged up as needed. So Synch may very well have been resurrected at Monet's current age.
    but he died at age 17 so all his memories and epxeriences would be that of a teenager. It makes more sense to age down, not up. It seems rather irresponsible to take anyone that is mentally a child nad stick them in the body of an adult
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-10-2020 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You're deflecting. This thread is about Sabretooth. Im not going to defend Daken, Mystique, Omega Red or Joker either bc they are all trash. Doesnt negate that Sabretooth is a sadistic rapist monster
    But that has nothing to do with the thread either. Again, Sabretooth is no more redundant than all the pieces of trash in comics. Including Magneto.

The character just has squandered potential. His evil doesn't make him redundant. But the addition clones & rip-offs will. Along with the constant jobbing which makes him pathetic, not redundant. lol

So with the thread. Is Creed redundant? No. Pathetic & unnecessary the way he's been written, definitely. Hell even when he was still "inverted" he was pathetic & unnecessary given what Pak & Tamaki did to him.

Far as X-Books go, Bunn was his last hurrah as a character. And that doesn't even count now. So that rewinds us back to about 2010 with the First X-Men mini which did attempt to do something different with Creed's character. I will admit it was weird, but still enjoyable.

but he died at age 17 so all his memories and epxeriences would be that of a teenager. It makes more sense to age down, not up. It seems rather irresponsible to take anyone that is mentally a child nad stick them in the body of an adult
    Are we gonna talk about responsible when Omega Red is on the loose at Krakoa, along with numerous other dangerous villains whom they're waiting to do something terrible before they do anything about them. Or when Magneto sending killers on no-kill missions, and getting mad when they kill 2 armed people?

Responsibility rarely ever had anything to do with the X-Men, especially with Xavier & magneto involved.

So until we get answers, I am gonna go with Synch being in an older body. Plus 17 isn't that bad. Given the timescale Monet's probably only 19.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-10-2020 at 09:36 AM.

Sabretooth is much more tolerable when he's getting the crap beaten out of. The absurdly hyper-competent incarnation of Sabretooth is just distasteful and frustrating to read about.

That’s gotta be a double edged sword of suck depending on how long you’ve been dead when you think about it. Either you come back the same age at which point the world has gone on without you and your friends have aged with it or you come back in sync with the world and have missed out on years of your life. Both honestly are sucky options.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The character of "Wolverine, but better" should not be that hard to figure out, but here we are.
    Better? No way! As the Wolverine character says at 3:22 "You always were SECOND best!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Sabrethooth can be entertaining under the right writer, so no
    As in Chris Claremont?

Danny Rand's lawyer, Jeryn Hogarth, is held captive by the mercenary known as Sabretooth.

BANNED

And when he first meets Iron Fist, he strips him.

Lots of great Byrne action and lots of solid Claremont characterization!