Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Last Remains

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    The Dan Slott BND Mind on Fire story that revealed why exactly Harry didn't die was pretty well-disliked at the time it came out, I think Dan Slott himself has said before in recent years he wasn't proud of how that one turned out.

Here in Spencer's run we're acting like Harry did die, which he did in Spec #200, and given Spencer's knack for sticking to the history I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't a fan of Harry's resurrection. Maybe that's partially why Harry hasn't turned up physically yet in his run, too.

I'm still right there with ya on the pre-OMD Harry train for Kindred.
    I am going with Norman as Kindred. I still go back to the Mephisto quote saying “Wanting the marriage not Peter’s soul.” I have not seen anyone explain why is that to me? One possibility is one I mentioned earlier that Osborn is mixed up with Mephisto ( talk about birds of a feather). The clone idea which a poster mentions makes a lot of sense as well ( especially because it was a total BS explanation of how Norman survived ASM 122). It could be that he really did not survive and the Osborn that we see is a clone.

Incredible Member

What about the fake parents plot? Harry orchestrated the return of Peter's parents and he was very much alive when they came back. I mean, for some that might not be bad but it's pretty damn messed up to mess with anyone that way. We don't know much of what Harry did between the time of finding Norman "dead" after Amazing 122 and Amazing 136 when he became the goblin. For all we know, he could have done something big that we never saw. Maybe he killed his drug dealer after becoming the Goblin. It's been a long time since I read those Amazing and Spectacular issues so I can't be sure. But the one that stands out for me is the genetic constructs he made to mess with Peter is a huge bad guy move.

Something funny to me is the robot parents have been ignored forever but finally got a reference in this run during the 2099 arc.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Norman has a lot of nerve blaming Peter, when this happened because he just couldn't shut his big filthy mouth and keep pushing Spider-Man over the edge. Well, guess what, Norman? You finally pushed Spider-Man too much and this is what you deserve.

I just wonder, who could have given such beating to Spider-Man? I don't know you, but he certainly doesn't look as bad as after one battle against Morlun.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    What about the fake parents plot? Harry orchestrated the return of Peter's parents and he was very much alive when they came back. I mean, for some that might not be bad but it's pretty damn messed up to mess with anyone that way. We don't know much of what Harry did between the time of finding Norman "dead" after Amazing 122 and Amazing 136 when he became the goblin. For all we know, he could have done something big that we never saw. Maybe he killed his drug dealer after becoming the Goblin. It's been a long time since I read those Amazing and Spectacular issues so I can't be sure. But the one that stands out for me is the genetic constructs he made to mess with Peter is a huge bad guy move.
    The fake robot parents stuff was done by Harry I'm the height of his Goblin drug-induced insanity, it was done to mess with Parker but done before he had a change of heart, and carried out by the Chameleon. It's bad but like, Hell worthy? I dont think so but I'm also not a expert of eternal judgement. I do know a mummy demon that smashes people's heads in with killer centipedes does seem a little bit of a jump from sadistic drug riddled guy haunted by his father to go to.

They could add in some stuff that Harry did that was bad but like, seems awfully needless and still invalidates #200. At that point you're just making a Sins Past 2.0 by redefining the way we know a character completely, although this time around it's even messier because theres been a clone that were told was real for years and basically the entire character of Harry Osborn as you knew him is completely fake and hes actually this really evil person. I know people have been saying OMD Parker sounds like a stretch but it takes far less stretches (and is relevant to the run, whereas Harry hasn't been) to explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Norman has a lot of nerve blaming Peter, when this happened because he just couldn't shut his big filthy mouth and keep pushing Spider-Man over the edge. Well, guess what, Norman? You finally pushed Spider-Man too much and this is what you deserve.

I just wonder, who could have given such beating to Spider-Man? I don't know you, but he certainly doesn't look as bad as after one battle against Morlun.
    Are you referring to me and yeah I believe I seen that beating he received from morlun before plus I still remember when spiderman was set on fire that onetime yeah he gets beat up a lot
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Are you referring to me and yeah I believe I seen that beating he received from morlun before plus I still remember when spiderman was set on fire that onetime yeah he gets beat up a lot
    I meant anyone who read this thread. I know Spider-Man is beaten up a lot, but none of those beating can be compared with the ones he received from Morlun. (I mean, Morlun even took one of his eyes once).

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I meant anyone who read this thread. I know Spider-Man is beaten up a lot, but none of those beating can be compared with the ones he received from Morlun. (I mean, Morlun even took one of his eyes once).
    If we go by the cover then Spidey’s gang gets turned and beats him up.

I also get the feeling that Norman is not going to lay down for the Sin Eater. It also looks like his Juggy powers have a time limit.

Lastly I don’t think Kindred is going to let the Sin Eater have all the fun with Norman. He’s got to deliver the final blow himself.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 3pointshooter View Post
    If we go by the cover then Spidey’s gang gets turned and beats him up.

I also get the feeling that Norman is not going to lay down for the Sin Eater. It also looks like his Juggy powers have a time limit.

Lastly I don’t think Kindred is going to let the Sin Eater have all the fun with Norman. He’s got to deliver the final blow himself.
    Doesn't have much sense the other spiders just beat him, because they have no reasons to punch him just for letting Norman to his luck. And in the posterior numbers, the covers suggest they are corrupted, but the descriptions seems to indicate they actually try to help him.

It surprised me he lost the Juggernaut's powers so quickly, but like I suspected, this may be because of Cyttorak; who is a very powerful demon, clearly more than Kindred.

Yeah, that's a possibility. Then again, I don't think Norman will stay out by Kindred. He's a very difficult vermin to exterminate.