Page 294 of 313 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304 ... LastLast
Results 4,396 to 4,410 of 4692

Guys....they're back under Peter Tomasi as a digital first series. The Super Sons are back once again.

https://m.readdc.com/Challenge-of-th...50QWRkaXRpb25z
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Guys....they're back under Peter Tomasi as a digital first series. The Super Sons are back once again.

Merry Christmas to all !!

Tec was pretty fun. Both the Damian related stuff and the Mirror guy stuff. I like how Bruce addressed that borderline mask lynch mob. It's the first time in a while I felt some iota of respect for him. As for the Damian side of things. It was nice. Great detective work from my son. Although....calling Talia "Mom"....Come on, Tomasi. You know better than that.

Buying the **** out of this!

Astonishing Member

After omnibus sales, this is not surprising, I'm sure even more to come.
    Is it a maxi series like Adventures?
    Damian's scene in 'Tec is awesome, by the way.

I was not expecting that...

But in the words of the great Dr Robotnik: I was expecting not to expect something, so it doesn't count.

I have mixed feelings and many questions about this, but it'll be nice to see em again.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    I've heard a leak say that Damian will be Robin again, but the sources cannot be trusted. Which is sad because the sources also said about Jon will get de-aged.
    Probably a case of crossed wires - considering the Super Sons announcement. Kid Jon and Robin Damian in that, but it's treated as if Bendis never took over the Superman books. So it doesn't actually mean Jon will be de-aged or Damian will take back the R.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Kid Lantern is closer to Damian's age than Tim's, if she doesn't count there's still Tai if DC ever makes him canon.
    Her name is TEEN Lantern. Though, yes, she isn't actually a teen and is younger than Damian!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    Anyone here read the latest issue of Detective Comics?
    spoilers:
    I like how Damian is sorta being light-hearted when confronting Catherine Elliot. Also seeing the side of Damian loving animals, now just need to more of artistic side, I swear I could imagine being a
    commission artist with how well he draws. Him being a rookie vigilante tracking down some cases seems to work for him, hope the writers continue making a rookie vigilante for a while until his inventible return to Robin
    end of spoilers
    I have some problem about today's Tec, like Mirror is a very lame villain and Hush shouldn't take down Batfam that easily, but Damian's writing is quite on point. Him stealing criminal's pet is hilarious. I expect some twist about the attempt of young Bruce's life though, because as much as I love detective Damian, I don't think Bruce didn't already know everything that Damian just deduced, like Elliot has half sister who take part on murder attempt at him. I think there's reason why Bruce let Elliot sibling go away after what they did to him.

Yes, I also hope that Damian will be independent and away from either Bat or Al Ghul for a while, and he can use is drawing talent to make money. I have personal headcanon that Damian will be commissioner artist who specialized on gore arts. He can draw other type of requests, but he become the best at drawing gore among other commissioner artists.

Hell yeah!

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

OopsIdiditagain I don't think that you understand what Point I was making or what Fergus was saying.

Yes Jason's niche/unique as an Outlaw doesn't get diluted by another outlaw within the same family. Of course not. Who needs USP's am I right?
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 11-24-2020 at 12:07 PM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Good to hear that the supersons are getting a new title. I wonder will the fans support it financially or will they let it fail like the maxi?

I hope they support it with their wallets.

The benefit of loose continuity is that writers can tell stories from whenever they want. There's no need to deage jon since stories can be based at whatever period however supersons is kinda nerfed when one remembers that in the Future the supersons don't grow up to become the Worlds finest. I don't know about the rest of the Supersons fans but I'm not that interested in a duo that has no future.

it's the maxi all over again for me. Zero stakes. Not sure if I'll follow this title. I've recently gotten into Marvel and have a long list of books on my Marvel recommended titles to purchase so we'll see.

I just haven't been feeling DC for some time now..

Again Happy for the still invested supersons fans. You guys got your wish
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 11-24-2020 at 12:19 PM.

Wonderful. More adventures of Ian the Moron and his master Kid Jon... I seriously hope Tomasi will be happy with this and won't make Damian return to Robin. Be happy with Fake Damian in your book Tomasi, please !

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Good to hear that the supersons are getting a new title. I wonder will the fans support it financially or will they let it fail like the maxi?

The benefit of loose continuity is that writers can tell stories from whenever they want. There's no need to deage jon since stories can be based at whatever period however supersons is kinda nerfed when one remembers that in the Future the supersons don't grow up to become the Worlds finest. I don't know about the rest of the Supersons fans but I'm not that interested in a duo that has no future.

it's the maxi all over again for me. Zero stakes. Not sure if I'll follow this title. I've recently gotten into Marvel and have a long list of books on my Marvel recommended titles to purchase so we'll see.

Damian and Jon will never grow become the World Finest even if we have a solid continuity, since they won't remplace Bruce and Clark. That could only happen in AU.

So, they aren't really nerfed.

In fact, it is more likely we will see Damian and Jon as the World Finest in a loose continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post

Honestly I don't care about future continuity at this point. I mean, comics on January and February are based on future possibilities that maybe not canon, like I don't see any fans care that Tim is (temporary) die on his Robin Eternal book, because we know that it's pointless for Tim's myth, and his fans still look forward for it. Damian's existence is missing from Future State, and he's either Magistrate, Peacekeeper, or Red X, and I don't really like all of those possibilities. Because I can't bring myself to enjoy DCeased, Supersons books means that I still can enjoy Damian on January and February, and if more I will not complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Wonderful. More adventures of Ian the Moron and his master Kid Jon... I seriously hope Tomasi will be happy with this and won't make Damian return to Robin. Be happy with Fake Damian in your book Tomasi, please !
    No one is saying you have to read it.

Besides, Ian and Jon were a completely different Super Sons run.

Yeah, you're mixing up Tomasi's Super Sons with the OGN Super Sons.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman