Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I was holding my breath the entire time. I remember the last OT game that the Hawks and Oilers had, where Kane basically deked out half the Oilers to score a winner. I am glad that my team got the extra point, but this was hardly a great game by either team, IMO.
    Agreed. I was expecting a game more like 4-3
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Sounds like Auston Matthews is going to be out for 4vweeks. That's a bummer, especially for Leafs fans.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Sounds like Auston Matthews is going to be out for 4vweeks. That's a bummer, especially for Leafs fans.
    Regarding the bolded part: Good. I'm so sick of a large segment of Leafs fans. I swear, I live near Toronto, so everyone is proclaiming them the best this year. That start they had just made them more insufferable. While I'm sure they weren't really thinking it was going to go on, but the comparison of Morgan Reilly to Bobby Orr and Auston Matthews to Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux was really annoying. While I never hope for any player to get injured, Leafs can definitely drink a tall glass of STFU for a bit!
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Always rough seeing a player like Matthews go down to injury. Even though my Flames benefited right away.

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    Always rough seeing a player like Matthews go down to injury. Even though my Flames benefited right away.
    No doubt that a good player getting injured sucks. IMO, the Leafs fans need some much needed humility.

A player that could be a little less humble, IMO, is Elias Petterson. The Vancouver Canucks have themselves a superstar. This kid just got 2 goals and 3 assist tonight against a really good Avs team with the like of Nathan MacKinnon, Mikko Rantanen and Gabriel Landeskog putting together one of the most dominant lines in hockey.

It was quite the fun game, too...as Vancouver won 7-6 in a thrilling overtime finale.

Toews scored his 300th goal tonight

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

John Stevens of the Kings was the first head coach to get a pink slip this season.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    John Stevens of the Kings was the first head coach to get a pink slip this season.
    Welp, that didn't take long

Toews scored his 300th goal tonight
    But Frolik couldn't get his 200th career assist.

Man, I felt for Crawford last night. Dude was standing on his head in the third. Almost won the game for the Hawks.

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    But Frolik couldn't get his 200th career assist.

Man, I felt for Crawford last night. Dude was standing on his head in the third. Almost won the game for the Hawks.
    Crow has been great since coming off the DL. The final scores won't tell the story, but his defense has been letting him down. He's facing a lot of odd man rushes and breakaways.

Crow has been great since coming off the DL. The final scores won't tell the story, but his defense has been letting him down. He's facing a lot of odd man rushes and breakaways.
    Yep, I watched the game and Crawford was not the fault in the Hawks losing.

WOW! How much of a crappier situation can the Ottawa Senators organization be in?

With a 5-2 win over Phoenix last night, the Flyers finished a lengthy western swing 3-0-1 and will come home 7-7-1. I suspect that successful road trip might well have saved head coach Dave Hakstol's job because the team, frankly speaking, looked like **** before they left town with as many wins as the L.A. Kings when they fired John Stevens. Meanwhile, the goalie situation is circling the bowl (again) as it was revealed Brian Elliott was injured in practice on Sunday and was sidelined along with Michal Neuvirth who can't stay healthy to save his miserable life, so Cal Pickard started last night and youngster Alex Lyon was called up from the minors as the backup.

Just got an alert that Joel Quennville was fired by the Blackhawks today.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Just got an alert that Joel Quennville was fired by the Blackhawks today.
    I...kind of saw it coming. Too bad for Joel, but I have a feeling he will find work, very shortly.