• Nightcrawler Becoming The Pope -

10 9.01%
  • Emma Frost And Cyclops Make Out On Jean Grey's Grave

26 23.42%
  • Ugly John existing

0 0%
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Emma and Scott. That was done in completely poor taste

Yeah I think the incest shown in a comic is probably the most inappropriate thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    people exagerate, just because Cyclops wasn't the absolute king of X-men, doesn't mean Cyclops was just a wallpaper.
    He was to me, for many years. Sanctimonious wallpaper.

And I don't think Jean went throught a lot, she is just back for a year and her development was erased
    Because she and everyone else died last week and she didn't have a fanfic victory, all her development is erased? Okay, good luck with that going forward.

That is what I call artificial maturity
    No, artificial maturity is sweeping away a man walking away from his family for his HS girlfriend, making the wife a literal demon from hell and giving the happy couple a saccharine double-sized wedding issue.

It's when the franchise stopped pretending that situation wasn't fucked up - and that Scott as a character had a lot of damage and a lot of work to do to grow - that he became interesting and decent to me again.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Before Jean dies at the end of morrsion's run she tells scott, all she ever did was die on him or something of those lines. that to me sums it up that on some part cyclops was over it. I hate to say this but when they got back together again after the apocalypse incident, they were no longer equals. Jean was basically a god.

Cyclops turned to emma, who was still at least more human to him than Jean.

The mess did scott favours, Scott showed his true colors as a complex person and formidable leader that was well liked with fans.

When he was with Jean, he was more of a boy scout.
    But what was the problem of him being a boy scout?

So Jean not being Scott equal, made him dump her? he has such fragile ego?

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    He was to me, for many years. Sanctimonious wallpaper.
    i don't think he was. X-men were better when one person didn't dominate all stories.

Because she and everyone else died last week and she didn't have a fanfic victory, all her development is erased? Okay, good luck with that going forward.
    You know very well why people are upset, she wasn't acting like a good leader.

No, artificial maturity is sweeping away a man walking away from his family for his HS girlfriend, making the wife a literal demon from hell and giving the happy couple a saccharine double-sized wedding issue.

It's when the franchise stopped pretending that situation wasn't fucked up - and that Scott as a character had a lot of damage and a lot of work to do to grow - that he became interesting and decent to me again.
    They had two options: Maddie was jean all along or she was a clone. 2 unrelated people can't look exactly the same.

He became the opposite of different. They just sweeped his cheating under the rug, because it was the new status quo and Jean was getting on the way.
    At least Jean was a ocmplete character, different from Madeleyne
    Last edited by spirit2011; 09-09-2019 at 11:23 AM.

Ultimate Member

But what was the problem of him being a boy scout?

So Jean not being Scott equal, made him dump her? he has such fragile ego?
    Seriously.

Emma and Scott, as it was depicted, is borderline sexual abuse.

Emma pretended to be a shrink, addressing Scott's PTSD. For some reason, Jean was never around, having suddenly lost all empathy, and Emma used that as an excuse to get in Scott's pants when he was at a mental low.

Shrinks cannot screw their patients, for reasons that should be obvious. Yet Emma did. So yeah

BANNED

You know very well why people are upset, she wasn't acting like a good leader.
    They are allowed to be upset. But no, her development was not 'erased' just because Jean did not save the day. All the X-Men died. Sometimes stories happen. Contrary to what we were told in the 1990s it is not a requirement for stories featuring Jean Grey that she succeed, be all powerful or be the central character. Jean is still Jean without those things happening all the time.

They had two options: Maddie was jean all along or she was a clone. 2 unrelated people can't look exactly the same.
    That doesn't excuse what he did.

They are allowed to be upset. But no, her development was not 'erased' just because Jean did not save the day. All the X-Men died. Sometimes stories happen. Contrary to what we were told in the 1990s it is not a requirement for stories featuring Jean Grey that she succeed, be all powerful or be the central character. Jean is still Jean without those things happening all the time.
    No one said that jean needs to win. just that we wanted her to act less like a scared teen that doesn't know what to do.

That doesn't excuse what he did.
    Yes, he shouldn't had left his family, even if he was going to get back

BANNED

No one said that jean needs to win. just that we wanted her to act less like a scared teen that doesn't know what to do.
    But she did what she was on-mission to do. She maintained the link to Krakoa. I get wanting her to do more, but in terms of Jean's specific mission function, that was it.

Amazing Member

Stacy-X (ugh...I thought I'd forgotten about that one)

BANNED

But she did what she was on-mission to do. She maintained the link to Krakoa. I get wanting her to do more, but in terms of Jean's specific mission function, that was it.
    Did Mother Mold fall into the sun when all was said and done?

Skin, Ugly John, and the Egg Babies being on this list is exactly the kind of racism that the X-Men stand against.

The Emma/Scott thing was tacky but it made sense. And i wouldn't necessarily call it inappropriate but the Angel/Husk thing was kind of gross. He just came off like he would sleep with anything and had no restraint. I mean i twas cute when he was hitting on Storm years ago when they were flying but that just came off as nasty and a little incestual to me. I remember thinking "is angel so desperate he's poaching children" and yes i know she was technically a child but he watched her grow up. Warren is the Woody Allen of the X-men./
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The Emma/Scott thing was tacky but it made sense. And i wouldn't necessarily call it inappropriate but the Angel/Husk thing was kind of gross. He just came off like he would sleep with anything and had no restraint. I mean i twas cute when he was hitting on Storm years ago when they were flying but that just came off as nasty and a little incestual to me. I remember thinking "is angel so desperate he's poaching children" and yes i know she was technically a child but he watched her grow up. Warren is the Woody Allen of the X-men./
    He did not watch her grow up. I cant recall them ever interacting prior to the X-Corps arc that preceeded this run. Warren wasnt one of the X-men that guest appeared in Gen X. When there were crossovers in the 90s, Gen X did not intersect with the X-men either. Not long after Gen X was created, he and Psylocke moved out of the mansion and had become reserve members so the interaction wasnt really there. Its also not like he was close to Sam and by extension the Guthries to have even known her prior to her joining the school. Woody Allen? Not a fair comparison considering Warren didnt raise her nor was even a mentor or paternal figure in her life
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-09-2019 at 12:20 PM.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Meh, I just can't take seriously any list that doesn't include "Wolverine not yelling at Kitty and Jubilee to get the efff out of the x-dudes' locker room and stop trying to look at his junk back in the early 90s'".