Page 100 of 661 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200600 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 9901

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Good answer." With the lesson secured, she dropped him to the floor. "We'll begin once you finish healing."

He didn't sound too confident, but she wasn't sure where else to turn. She was not going to Ochazuke, as she was sure he would have nothing but stupid anecdotes and sly remarks to make. Totoma was a joke. She honestly couldn't stand to be in the same space as the Arcosian for long. There was Zaofan -- she saw him fire a blast from his eyes -- but it didn't look all that powerful, not like Charco's Tyranno Blast. She seemed to recall seeing Meagan fire a blast as well, so she would talk to her if Charco left her with any confusion.

She sighed heavily and sat on the ground, tail wiggling around behind her.

She hated having to depend on these people for anything other than sparring partners/punching dummies. To actually have one of them teach her how to do such a simple technique was humbling. "How disgusting," she grumbled.
    He hit the ground with a thud, not so much by design, but rather because he was just that exhausted. Another meal, a shower, and some sleep sounded awesome right now, but he knew it might be a while before such comforts came to him. Sarada seemed like a non-nonsense type who would hound him in murderous ways once she felt he had enough energy to fulfill his agreement to her, so that would have to be done ASAP. Then came the feeling that he wasn't going to get out of his little stunt without incident. He was certain others were probably voicing their disagreements with him, but if they did, he couldn't hear them since his ear buds had been in all this time.

Speaking of which; it wasn't too much longer after that moment that his communicator would vibrate, cutting the current song off as the ring tone began.

"Figures..." Charco grumbled, sitting up and pulling out the device. "...telemarketers again."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    The pain receded somewhat, and he felt a euphoric sensation wash over him. It was mild, but noticeable. He smiled. "Seems your techniques work on me. See? Me getting wrecked was totally worth it."

Not that he'd make a habit of it. Getting his **** pushed in was to expected. Part of the (re)learning process and all that, but... making Kari worry and the whole 'risk of death' thing kind of made him want to be more careful.

He needed to improve his situational awareness. He had gotten too focused on Jinzi, and the result was... this. As one with Saiyan blood, it was natural for him to become engrossed in battle, but not to that dangerous extent. Yes, this experience, while painful, had taught him much.

He also needed a big badass blast, too.
    "... I guess if you say it first, it's okay for me to agree." Chuan chuckled briefly, though there wasn't much humour in it. "Sorry if I don't find it very funny. Seeing you and the others all beat up doesn't help the mood."

Withdrawing the needle from Totoma's side, he placed it in his storage pouch before he balled his hand up in a loose fist. In fact, he was mere moments away from thumping the half-Saiyan's shoulder when he stopped.

"Right, yeah. I should avoid doing that while you're still hurt." Moving his hand away, his laughter was a bit more genuine as he shifted his position to kneel behind Totoma. "Just as Charco should avoid blasting while friendlies are still in the line of fire. What a move! I wish I could reach that output. What did you think about it, T?"

It was rather sudden, but now he had gone with the most basic nickname possible. How lazy of him, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    The joking did put Karine's fears a bit at ease, not completely of course but enough she wasn't fretting over him as much at the moment. "I'm just glad that blast wasn't enough to do you in. For a moment you really scared me back there.."

Her mind seemed to briefly short circuit at the nurse uniform comment. Her cheeks turned red, feeling slightly flustered dropping her usual poise. "W-we'll..I..I guess?"

Why had she said that? Totoma was joking. He always teased and gave her a hard time.

Karine decided if she did so, it was simply to play a part. Nothing more. She was sure.

It almost sounded convincing.

"Thank you." Karine was grateful for the distraction and the help as she went to make sure Totoma was comfortable, she glanced at Jack. "He's worse off then you to the point he wouldn't make a good sparring partner. Can't it wait just a bit longer?"
    Watching Karine and Totoma interact reminded him of his old troupe, too. It got to him, enough that he involuntarily sniffled before pulling himself back together.

"This is too cute for me. I'm going to cry if this goes on too long."

He almost managed to pull off a deadpan tone, but there was just a little too much truth in those words to hide.

"You're welcome, K." Oh great, now he was lazing out on her nickname, too. "Don't be too hasty, though. Totoma's wounds are still fresh, and I don't want them to reopen while we lift him up."

Waiting for her to finish, he gave her a three count before he started carrying the half-Saiyan in his arms, resting the man's head against his chest as he did. Somewhere in the back of his mind, Chuan wondered if Totoma would appreciate him switching positions with Karine.
    Last edited by Eternal Torment; 01-26-2018 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    "Thank you." Karine was grateful for the distraction and the help as she went to make sure Totoma was comfortable, she glanced at Jack. "He's worse off then you to the point he wouldn't make a good sparring partner. Can't it wait just a bit longer?"
    "...Fine..." Jack grumbled. This was the perfect opportunity to really test himself. Most of Jack's techniques were risky to begin with, some outright crippling even when pulled off correctly. That had been a huge problem against the second Yeti, and Jack had had to sit out that entire fight. Next time, that might not be an option. He needed to train to fight even with injuries, which was normally something one could not train for.

But with Regen tanks and a controlled environment.

"Hey Sarada?" Jack asked, "You ready to finish what we started?"

Edit: NEVAR MIND
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    The Nevadian took the hand that was offered, using it to help him rise to his feet.

"I've...Been worse." He admitted, placing his hands on his knees and panting, "Admittedly, I've been better....I didn't really realize humans trained like this...."

Maybe I've been on this planet too long if I'm struggling like this....

After a moment, he stood up, looking the oni in the eyes "I guess I owe you, even if it was accidental or not."

He realized he was swaying slightly, and could feel the depths of his fatigue.

He thumbed a capsule on the right of his belt, and in a puff of smoke, a large golden spear appeared before him, with all sorts of elaborate markings along its shaft.

The blades natural weight allowed it to easily sink into the earth beneath it, and the Nevadian used it to steady himself.

"Name's Held...." He said with a weary smile, "I don't think I caught your name earlier."
    "I have seen much. Humanity's usual methods of bettering themselves is .. almost rivaling that of the Saiyan."

Ishtar appraised the spear the man summoned with one of those capsule pills then. Eyeing the markings that sported its length before withdrawing her hand, confident in the knowledge that it could support him for now.

"And while I cannot say what exactly I did to earn your thanks, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Held." After a pause she then added, "how did a Nevadian end up in such a place however? The Saiyan girl, Sarada, I can understand. But you? ... Are not them." Perhaps a bit intrusive, to ask after one's reason for being here; but Ishtar had ever been the curious one.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "I have seen much. Humanity's usual methods of bettering themselves is .. almost rivaling that of the Saiyan."

Ishtar appraised the spear the man summoned with one of those capsule pills then. Eyeing the markings that sported its length before withdrawing her hand, confident in the knowledge that it could support him for now.

"And while I cannot say what exactly I did to earn your thanks, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Held." After a pause she then added, "how did a Nevadian end up in such a place however? The Saiyan girl, Sarada, I can understand. But you? ... Are not them." Perhaps a bit intrusive, to ask after one's reason for being here; but Ishtar had ever been the curious one.
    "Great." Held said, slightly sarcastic. "I look forward to the day I get challenged to a duel because I misread a humans name during routine paperwork."

Held had been here for three years, and during that time he had seen many things, of nobility and courage, of love and desperation, but also of greed, of bitterness, and of sheer hatred. But he hardly professed to understand the entirety of humanity during that time. The idea that someone would compare them to Saiyans in that regard did worry the Nevadian somewhat, but he shrugged it off as hyperbole.

Hopefully.

"I'll be honest." He replied to her query, "I didn't entirely come here by choice...."

He sighed slightly, recalling the sudden destruction of a planet, the the fateful disabling of his ship, and then darkness.

And then the awakening, on a foreign world.

"It's more Kami's doing than my own, apparently, but given that the alternative was death, I can't complain much....It's been a fun trip, until I find a way back, anyways."

I guess I should just count my blessings. My ship was beyond fragged...I'm half surprised I haven't turned it into scrap metal yet...

"Still. I could ask you the same thing." He replied, laughing slightly, "I'm not exactly an expert on this world, but you seem a bit......"

He paused, fumbling for the word best used to describe her noticeably different appearance from the humans on this planet.

"More.... exotic, than most of those I find on the planet...You don't appear to be any extra-terrestrial life form I've met, anyways...."

He paused, looking her over, as he attempted to place her. After a moment, he surrendered.

"Where are you from, exactly?"
    Last edited by Miburo; 01-26-2018 at 12:49 AM.

( Late night posting.)

He fell and soon, via sheervwill power got up, tail pushing himself up, as he walks it off, covered in blood, cuts and bruises, clothes wrecked. No one gave a ****, but the monkeys? Sure they catered to them, especially thread guy. He does not speak a word to anyone except says one thing. “ I cannot wait, to control my hado flow.” As he then wonders where the healing tanks were, a subtle f you to Chuan, who helped him on the boat but not now. As his right arm was stil good.:

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    "... I guess if you say it first, it's okay for me to agree." Chuan chuckled briefly, though there wasn't much humour in it. "Sorry if I don't find it very funny. Seeing you and the others all beat up doesn't help the mood."

Withdrawing the needle from Totoma's side, he placed it in his storage pouch before he balled his hand up in a loose fist. In fact, he was mere moments away from thumping the half-Saiyan's shoulder when he stopped.

"Right, yeah. I should avoid doing that while you're still hurt." Moving his hand away, his laughter was a bit more genuine as he shifted his position to kneel behind Totoma. "Just as Charco should avoid blasting while friendlies are still in the line of fire. What a move! I wish I could reach that output. What did you think about it, T?"

It was rather sudden, but now he had gone with the most basic nickname possible. How lazy of him, really.

Watching Karine and Totoma interact reminded him of his old troupe, too. It got to him, enough that he involuntarily sniffled before pulling himself back together.

He almost managed to pull off a deadpan tone, but there was just a little too much truth in those words to hide.

"You're welcome, K." Oh great, now he was lazing out on her nickname, too. "Don't be too hasty, though. Totoma's wounds are still fresh, and I don't want them to reopen while we lift him up."

Waiting for her to finish, he gave her a three count before he started carrying the half-Saiyan in his arms, resting the man's head against his chest as he did. Somewhere in the back of his mind, Chuan wondered if Totoma would appreciate him switching positions with Karine.
    "Powerful... and something else was weird about it, too," said Totoma. He'd only had a split-second to comprehend the blast, so he couldn't really dissect and analyze it too well. He'd have to see it used on someone else to figure it out.

"And... even if you can't match its output right now, it should be totally possible to match it with a bit of training and the right technique." Totoma smiled wryly. "But you really should avoid training that ends with getting caught in a blast like that."
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    OOC: time paradox conversation, why not? BITES ZA DUSTO! [or aggregation of players, I dunno]

From the four corners of the globe Kami had selected her champions. As time went on, Ochazuke had wondered if it was the whimsy of design, a divine joke, or sheer desperation that coalesced them all together. Now, subject to a combination of focussed training and data collection at the hands of a billionaire industrialist, he'd resigned himself to the flow of things for now. The more information that came to light, the higher it seems the stakes rose, and at least for the moment they had a goal.

He looked over to the synthetic sisters. It seems that his impression that their group's solution to Pantaloon's challenge also seemed to feel hollow to another.

If we are fated to remain as a group, I suppose it would be no risk to try to find common ground.

First impressions were never Ochazuke's concern. He preferred to press towards honest accounts and hear for himself.

"So what's stopping you, then?"
    "What? Returning home?" Midori asked, and Shiro frowned in thought and said "Nothing, I guess. I mean, we can't exactly get stronger through training considering our synthetic nature. We'd either need to travel all the way back to Dr. Nijimoto in Saito to upgrade us or allow Mr. Pantaloon to study us so he can perform the necessary upgrades himself. And while Midori mentioned the possibility..."

"Allowing a man we don't know to do something as deeply intimate as that is embarrassing. I mean, it's like a human stripping naked before a stranger." Midori finished, her cheeks somehow managing to darken despite not having blood in her body.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Inverse Regenesised

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    ( Late night posting.)

He fell and soon, via sheervwill power got up, tail pushing himself up, as he walks it off, covered in blood, cuts and bruises, clothes wrecked. No one gave a ****, but the monkeys? Sure they catered to them, especially thread guy. He does not speak a word to anyone except says one thing. “ I cannot wait, to control my hado flow.” As he then wonders where the healing tanks were, a subtle f you to Chuan, who helped him on the boat but not now. As his right arm was stil good.:
    Seeing the strange man struggling and the rest of the downed folks seeming to have more than enough help, Ajna strode over to lend him a shoulder. Though he did a good job hiding it Ajna could sense the pain that underlined his every moment. He looked positively shredded if he was any judge of these things. Up until recently he wouldn't have considered himself much of one, but that ability was actively growing.

Stepping closer, Ajna coughed to get Chou's attention, not wishing to engage his warrior's reflexes when he was in such a state. His voice, he hoped, was warm and friendly, though really he just felt nervous. He'd never been good at meeting new people.

"You were awesome out there man, with or without being able to "control your hado flow"! All of yall out there were, I think. Like super heroes in a movie! You need some help. . . crap, I don't even know your name! My manners are terrible today. I'm Ajna!" Here Ajna bowed his head respectfully, then mimed offering a shoulder for Chou to lean on.

"Need some help getting to the regen tanks?"

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post

K? She was so used to the other nickname Totoma had given her, but she supposed she could get used to. She was going to protest about the change, but ultimately decided against it with the words 're open wounds' came into play.

"You probably know what you're doing with carrying people more then I do. If it didn't take too long, I think I would want to learn how you heal people with those needles." It certainly would help patching Totoma and others up, though given her current skill set probably make more sense to learn some healing magic. Healing arts was her weakest area, I.E. it did the opposite of what it was suppose to do when she was younger. She had been learry of learning it ever since, even if she had become much better student since then.

Karine wouldn't admit out loud she'd rather carry Totoma.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "Powerful... and something else was weird about it, too," said Totoma. He'd only had a split-second to comprehend the blast, so he couldn't really dissect and analyze it too well. He'd have to see it used on someone else to figure it out.

"And... even if you can't match its output right now, it should be totally possible to match it with a bit of training and the right technique." Totoma smiled wryly. "But you really should avoid training that ends with getting caught in a blast like that."
    Karine sighed. "And hopefully, this is the last time we end up in a incident like that one. But knowing this group so far.." She trailed off, shaking her head. "If nothing else, you'd probably get a boost from your wounds when this is said and done. Just please take it easy for a bit, all right?"
    Last edited by Sion Reaver; 01-26-2018 at 01:11 AM.

“ Sure, that would be great, thank you. By the way, cool third eye you got there.”

He gave him a warm smile, no snark or cockiness. If he is treated with kindness, he responds in turn with politeness. He may have not been perfect. But he tries he tries to be good.:

“ Say, after this. Want to be on my team? Doing the base raid. Their leader blew up my car. Say what’s your name? Mine is Chou.l”

Inverse Regenesised

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    “ Sure, that would be great, thank you. By the way, cool third eye you got there.”

He gave him a warm smile, no snark or cockiness. If he is treated with kindness, he responds in turn with politeness. He may have not been perfect. But he tries he tries to be good.:

“ Say, after this. Want to be on my team? Doing the base raid. Their leader blew up my car. Say what’s your name? Mine is Chou.l”

Twitching his head to the side, Ajna smiled widely, glad that he'd been received so well. Helping Chou take a little weight off his battered body as he limped along, his body battered heavily. The raid? That was the one without the monks, right? Taking a deep breath,

"I think that's definitely gonna be the case, Chou! Name's Ajna. Personally, I don't think I'd like the locals of the Island much, so it seems I might just be there to help you get some pay back!"

Sasheem, after being flattened like a pancake had now receded to his standard size. He would be overjoyed to see the crack in the toilet he once thought was unbreakable...we're he awake. Indeed it seems the battle and the blast had taken it's toll on the Majin, and he had bow gone back to his third favorite pastime, sleeping...and also snoring rather loudly.

“ Ajna, nice to meet ya.” Yeah it will be fun. Just need more besides our robot friend.” The majin will help too, but he’s sleeping, limping along. Faster as he is being helped. Just where is the med bay?! Wishes he got stronger by injury, sadly not the case. Lucky space monkeys. Oh, he knows of Saiyan. He banged one once last summer. They love Earth, visiting, eatting their food. Oh yeah. Then she left to go back to space, good riddance I say. As he then smiles. Just thinking of adventures that follow.