Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Also, is Beast growing pharmaceuticals out of legacy virus corpses?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    The interesting thing to consider is that if they would have their own universe free of constant status quo snapbacks and near extinction events or mass quantity death and suffering of mutants every few weeks (because of the sliding timescale Genosha was barely 4 years ago, House of M barely 3, M-Pox less than 2 and Age of X barely 1), basicly all the piles of continuity marked by misery, there would be less reason (or even basis) for something like Krakoa and the total seperation of mutants from the rest of humanity to happen.

Likewise the mythos wouldn't need to move from co-existence to domination and could instead follow a path of co-existence seeking "progression".

Because the more reasonable way to adress the rise of mutants is that they would be what humans are becomming, a continuitation in a different shape rather than "replacing" them.
    That seems like it'd make for an interesting story, I'd certainly give it a read. I'm enjoying Krakoa a whole bunch but it isn't 100% necessary for a good story.

A perspective obviously not allowed to take root, since mutants can't become normality and need to suffer setbacks to keep the status quo and mutant and anti-mutant human villains need to follow an ideology of hate and seperation.
    Again something that would not need to be as enforced if they had their own universe.

So it could progress towards examining a global society in which a notable amount of the global population having super powers is a normality and how the societies around the globe would evolve or stagnate under it, or in which nearly everyone has some form of super power and the logical emerging problems like discrimination based on form and level of powers have to be adressed.
    Which is pretty much House of M, when you think about it. In fact, I would've appreciated a longer run in the House of M universe, it was a satisfying alternate take, at least to me.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I dug it but for an event that promised to burn everything down there sure isn't a lot of thing-burning
    So far. You never know what might happen next issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    If I have this right, Rogue doomed mutantkind when she took in Omega Sentinel. So, Moira is correct. Destiny and Mystique are true menaces.
    Holy guacamole! You're right!

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Hickman is just so good at this. Its incredible to read his stories unravel and I dont know if they will be able to keep the same level of quality without him but well see.
    It'll be an uphill battle, no doubt. Hickman is a master storyteller, it's hard to live up to the standard he has set.

Exposition heavy yes but at this point thats a feature, not at all a bug. Destiny and Mystique.... who knew they'd become so important to mutantkinds future.
    Who knew indeed. Hickman does exposition heavy stuff really well, IMHO. It never feels exposition heavy, which is an impressive feat.

Only thing I'm wondering is there is a distinct ignorance of the fact mutantkind made a new planet for themselves. That has to play a part in the next issue right?
    It should play a big role in a lot of future issues, if it doesn't then what exactly was the point?
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Which is pretty much House of M, when you think about it. In fact, I would've appreciated a longer run in the House of M universe, it was a satisfying alternate take, at least to me.
    Indeed, as much as the outcome was a horrible editorial demand, House of M allowed some unique looks into a "mutant majority world".
    However it was also directly set up to be a Magneto ruled dictatorship (benevolent or not) by the design of the person who artifically created it, rather than being "a self evolved" alternate universe. So i think House of M would not have been able to last much longer without the "this needs to be reversed" situations increasing dramatically or otherwise it being put to the forefront that it's an unjust world created as dream for Magneto.

Never the less, a proper mutant majority world or world in which mutants are on the path of becomming normality or even a majority would definetly be worth exploring.

Heck. A world in which mutants became a "normality" of societies even if they still remain a minority would allready be fascinating for the idea alone of examining elements of positive discrimination or micro-agressions on the backdrop of the usualy heroic or villanous stories.

Or for a number of more or less interconnected mini series of different genres.

Indeed, as much as the outcome was a horrible editorial demand, House of M allowed some unique looks into a "mutant majority world".
    However it was also directly set up to be a Magneto ruled dictatorship (benevolent or not) by the design of the person who artifically created it, rather than being "a self evolved" alternate universe. So i think House of M would not have been able to last much longer without the "this needs to be reversed" situations increasing dramatically or otherwise it being put to the forefront that it's an unjust world created as dream for Magneto.

Never the less, a proper mutant majority world or world in which mutants are on the path of becomming normality or even a majority would definetly be worth exploring.

Heck. A world in which mutants became a "normality" of societies even if they still remain a minority would allready be fascinating for the idea alone of examining elements of positive discrimination or micro-agressions on the backdrop of the usualy heroic or villanous stories.

Or for a number of more or less interconnected mini series of different genres.
    All of this makes me want to see a book where the mutants are the dominant species and they work to protect the remaining humans on Earth from various threats: human and mutant terrorists, alien invaders etc. We've had things sort of close to this but they always seem to involve a dictatorship of some sort. Whether it be Age of Apocalypse, House of M, Age of X-Man. Always a top down fascist kind of thing. It would be nice to see an alternate take that is not a dictatorship.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Extraordinary Member

Good old Destiny...putting those annoying quints in their place.

Astonishing Member

All of this makes me want to see a book where the mutants are the dominant species and they work to protect the remaining humans on Earth from various threats: human and mutant terrorists, alien invaders etc. We've had things sort of close to this but they always seem to involve a dictatorship of some sort. Whether it be Age of Apocalypse, House of M, Age of X-Man. Always a top down fascist kind of thing. It would be nice to see an alternate take that is not a dictatorship.
    Same here. Would definetly be a nice change of pace from the usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Very boring , like this whole event so far IMO. Lots of talking from characters I don't give a damn about. This is an X-Men event with no real X-Men involved. Where's Cyclops, Storm, Jean, etc.? At least Wolverine got his event coming up(looking forward to that), so maybe they'll be involved in that. Oh and there goes Mystique causing trouble again, who could've seen that coming? Also, is a Nimrod and a bunch of humans with guns suppose to be a threat to Magneto and Xavier? Unless I'm missed something over the years, this should be a cakewalk for them.
    The humans are redundant there, but Nimrod is super powerful and has fucked over the likes of Juggernaut, and HoX/PoX makes it clear that Nimrod existing at all is a horrible thing for mutants to be prevented.

Not to forget the obvius issue that each timeline that Moira X experienced was filtered through her perception of said timeline's events AND got manipulated by her very presence and actions in it. Which means everything about Moira X past lifes is theoretical subject of an unreliable narrator and manipulation through the act of observation.
    And that's shown by the repetition of the scene where Moira is confronted by Destiny, there are differences, a lot of them small, but the last pages of the flashback are significant:

(House of X#2)

(Inferno#1)

Not to mention, the second page I posted is new too.

Something like that was done before under Hickman, X-Men#14 has that ridiculous 14 page flashback that is mostly copied and pasted from X-Men#12, but there are differences in text.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    b) they bring kid Cable back
    Huh, guess that shows how I've been out of the loop, didn't even know Kid Cable was gone lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Destiny can't perceive Moira directly, but if Moira does something that stands out too much, Destiny can perceive it. That's the reason Moira stands in the shadows and lets Xavier and Magneto take credit for everything: So Destiny can't perceive her.
    Yeah, and Destiny says it's easy to find her once she knows about Moira, which she did in Inferno#3 after being told "Moira's alive" lol.

Yeah, I think the only way the mutant mythos can move forward (from co-existence to domination) is for the X-Men to be in their own reality, untethered from the 616 "world outside your window". If not they're stuck with that tendency for everything to snap back into it's "satus quo" state like a rubber band. I don't want the X-Men to be off in their own universe but I think that's the only way you get that story, long term.
    I doubt the X-Men would be that different if they were in their isolated reality, 'cause while it means there would be less limitations, Marvel is still very much going to keep Status Quo around them without pushing too hard, so I doubt we'd see mutants being the dominant species even with them having their own universe, that kind of thing only really happens in alternate universes made to be different.

That anti-machine stance is gonna be challenged real hard when they figure out what Warlock and Doug have been up to.
    If anything, it'll make Xavier and Magneto hate 'em even more, 'cause a machine made someone else learn of their secrets lol.

Yeah, it's definitely Sunspot. Can't wait to see where they go with this. Hickman has plans at Marvel after X-Men. I wonder if those plans involve Bobby. In fact, I wonder if Hickman's endgame here, and his next project at Marvel, is all about Moira's life rebooting again and messing up the wider Marvel universe in the process. Wouldn't surprise me.
    That sounds more like a DC thing than Marvel to be fair lol.

Not that Marvel doesn't do cosmic retcons, they made OMD, but it's much smaller scale than the bullshit DC pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    They already do these things telepathically but I agree they should have done more w/ the language
    At least the language could be used in situations where telepaths aren't around.

Also I heard a theory that Omega Sentinel is actually Moira and it's a loop or smth. Any idea how that would work?
    Well, Omega Sentinel does use actual time travel (Or so she claims at least), while Moira restarts everything, so yeah, OS could be a Moira, trying to stop Moira by using time travel lol.

I have my doubts about this though, she doesn't seem to know about Moira, PoX#3 has her being suspicious of mutants, but she doesn't know that mutants are getting info about machines, and that was life 9... I guess you can say she has amnesia but that's silly since she has a robot brain lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    Also, is Beast growing pharmaceuticals out of legacy virus corpses?
    Waste not want not. All for the greater good. They had all these dead mutants laying around. That a lot of gene-power going to waste.

The mutant island formed a circuit with dead mutants to create mutant medicine, housing, technology and travel. It’s rather elegant, if a bit macabre. It’s also very Hank McCoy.

And if they need more fertilizer to sustain the system they can always just grow more mutant bodies.

This issue was intense! Amazing twists! Destiny, Mystique and Emma are stealing the show. Them and Kwannon are my favorite characters im this era and they all shined this week!
    A picture would last longer darling...

Mighty Member

I’m pretty sure that Hank was trying to use the dead bodies as a way for Krakoa to create the plants that can cure people of certain diseases.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious from this issue that Hickman really had to condense his future plot threads into one mini event. That being said this is definitely my favorite issue and shoutout for to.Hickman for giving Cypher some sense of agency and importance after being sidelined since XoS.

This issue more than any other is definitely the spiritual sequel to HoX/PoX especially with the twist about Omega Seteniel.
    Yes, I noticed that as well. I really appreciate Hickman condensing his plot, considering he's moving on. At least we get some resolution to the early world building in HOXPOX (machine gods, Phoenix Force etc). Amazing issue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    The humans are redundant there, but Nimrod is super powerful and has fucked over the likes of Juggernaut, and HoX/PoX makes it clear that Nimrod existing at all is a horrible thing for mutants to be prevented.

And that's shown by the repetition of the scene where Moira is confronted by Destiny, there are differences, a lot of them small, but the last pages of the flashback are significant:

(House of X#2)

(Inferno#1)

Not to mention, the second page I posted is new too.

Something like that was done before under Hickman, X-Men#14 has that ridiculous 14 page flashback that is mostly copied and pasted from X-Men#12, but there are differences in text.

Huh, guess that shows how I've been out of the loop, didn't even know Kid Cable was gone lol.

Yeah, and Destiny says it's easy to find her once she knows about Moira, which she did in Inferno#3 after being told "Moira's alive" lol.

I doubt the X-Men would be that different if they were in their isolated reality, 'cause while it means there would be less limitations, Marvel is still very much going to keep Status Quo around them without pushing too hard, so I doubt we'd see mutants being the dominant species even with them having their own universe, that kind of thing only really happens in alternate universes made to be different.

If anything, it'll make Xavier and Magneto hate 'em even more, 'cause a machine made someone else learn of their secrets lol.

That sounds more like a DC thing than Marvel to be fair lol.

Not that Marvel doesn't do cosmic retcons, they made OMD, but it's much smaller scale than the bullshit DC pulls.

At least the language could be used in situations where telepaths aren't around.

Well, Omega Sentinel does use actual time travel (Or so she claims at least), while Moira restarts everything, so yeah, OS could be a Moira, trying to stop Moira by using time travel lol.

I have my doubts about this though, she doesn't seem to know about Moira, PoX#3 has her being suspicious of mutants, but she doesn't know that mutants are getting info about machines, and that was life 9... I guess you can say she has amnesia but that's silly since she has a robot brain lol.
    You may be onto something about OS being Moira from the future.Now we know Karima is a different mutant..either OS is lying about being Karima or maybe the whole artificial arm is Moira in the future grafted with Karima's OS DNA , to help herself ascend..a very clever ploy because she can't ascend as an organic being. Also remember the mysterious Golem? Maybe Golem is key in life 10 to keep reality from collapsing (especially through time travel if Golem travels to a point before Moira becomes mutant for example) So we wait and see what Book 4 reveals...you could be right there could be a twist coming.
    Last edited by Rev9; 12-10-2021 at 01:38 AM.

Astonishing Member

OK, it's official, I have NO DAMN IDEA what the hell is goin gon here!

So, Moira's experiences show us the Mutants are destined to always lose, but now Omega Sentinel show us Mutants are destined to always win. Who the shell can understand this nonsense?

Honestly, I can't wait for the Krakoan's age finally ending and Mutants returning to their eternal status quo. At least that's easy to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post

So, Moira's experiences show us the Mutants are destined to always lose, but now Omega Sentinel show us Mutants are destined to always win. Who the shell can understand this nonsense?

Honestly, I can't wait for the Krakoan's age finally ending and Mutants returning to their eternal status quo. At least that's easy to get.
    It's not really that hard to understand at all if you've read House and Powers.

And no thank you to the dusty mansion and perpetual extinction status quo.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post

Lol, mutation is all about change and the shock of the new. Got to make way for the homo superior!