Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Default Hell Notes: FAQs about Omnibuses and Library Editions

Further musings on the subject. (You might want to scroll down to the relevant section.)

Amazing Member

Great material as usual, Mark.

One minor correction: both stories from Double Feature of Evil happen in 1960.

Also, don't you know, why they decided to leave upcoming Krampusnacht one-shot out of these collections? It's under Hellboy brand.
    Last edited by Shargor; 09-14-2017 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shargor View Post
    Great material as usual, Mark.

One minor correction: both stories from Double Feature of Evil happen in 1960.

Also, don't you know, why they decided to leave upcoming Krampusnacht one-shot out of these collections? It's under Hellboy brand.
    Thanks for the correction! I wrote this one in a hurry, I'm afraid. It's a single draft stream of consciousness...

My guess is Krampusnacht will be a part of 1955, like the way the short story The Mirror is a part of 1954. Although, don't take this publicity blurb as final. Scott's still working on the right order and debating exactly what to put into each book. Think of this more of a snapshot of the concept at this point in time.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Thanks for the correction! I wrote this one in a hurry, I'm afraid. It's a single draft stream of consciousness...

My guess is Krampusnacht will be a part of 1955, like the way the short story The Mirror is a part of 1954. Although, don't take this publicity blurb as final. Scott's still working on the right order and debating exactly what to put into each book. Think of this more of a snapshot of the concept at this point in time.
    Sounds reasonable. But to be frank I would prefer both The Mirror and Krampusnacht (and even England short stories) to be collected in Hellboy omnibuses. They are solely written by Mike (!) and stand apart from other Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. stuff. They feel like classic Hellboy.

I perfectly understand the reason behind the decision to put it under Hellboy and B.P.R.D. umbrella. But since the inception Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. series has transformed from anthology (as it was presented) to ongoing with Robinson's overreaching arc, and these Hellboy stories simply don't fit there thematically. They will look like foreign body, when eventually Occult Cold War omnibuses will be released.

All-New Member

And here is the content. As expected, collections cover everything published under Hellboy name.

Hellboy Omnibus Volume 4: Hellboy in Hell
    Available Winter 2019
    Hellboy in Hell, The Exorcist of Vorsk, The Magician and the Snake

A real shame they decided not to release it in hardcover
    Are they really going to release Vol. 4 a year after the third one or is that a typo? :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Radox View Post
    Are they really going to release Vol. 4 a year after the third one or is that a typo? :-/
    I don't know what you mean. Volume 3 is coming out Fall 2018 (September–November), and Volume 4 is coming out Winter 2019 (January–February). They'll likely only be three or four months apart.

All-New Member

I don't know what you mean. Volume 3 is coming out Fall 2018 (September–November), and Volume 4 is coming out Winter 2019 (January–February). They'll likely only be three or four months apart.
    Ok, I get it. I thought Winter 2019 meant November/December.

The Hellboy Universe just hit 70 trades.

Amazing Member

February solicitations.

So is it a typo, or Troy Nixey fully re-draw last issue of Jenny Finn?

February solicitations.

So is it a typo, or Troy Nixey fully re-draw last issue of Jenny Finn?
    Typo.

Also, looks like the release date for the Hellboy Omnibus Editions have been moved forward. We'll be getting them all from May to September next year.

They must really want to have them all out before the movie. That’s quick

After Spider-Man, Hellboy is my favorite comic book character. I try to get all the issues as they come out with my goal to have the entire collection of Hellboy/Mignola universe comics in single issue form but I also want the collected editions to become the main reading copies over the individual issues. As someone who doesn't have alot of disposable income should I get the Library editions or wait for the upcoming omnibuses? I love hardcovers more than paperbacks but one omnibus seems to equal the content of almost three library editions! I took too long to get the BPRD omnibus hardcovers and those go for quite alot now meaning I most likely will be getting the paperback versions which could go really well with the upcoming Hellboy editions. I could start with getting the first library edition next month, but I don't know when I'll be able to get around to getting the later volumes.

The Hellboy Universe just hit 70 trades.

Well this is only if you ignore non-canon stories (such as Weird Tales) and crossovers (such as Batman/Hellboy/Starman)