View Poll Results: Will you be watching X-MEN in the MCU?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm ready for the new X-MEN films

88 80.73%
  • No, the last FOX film is my last X-MEN movie

1 0.92%
  • Maybe, depending on the movie lineup and casting

20 18.35%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by passerby View Post
    , but the temptation to just churn out another blockbuster hit using the same formula will be too great.
    The talk around Black Panther is there is minimal jokes so the talking points will need to be updated next month
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    The talk around Black Panther is there is minimal jokes so the talking points will need to be updated next month
    I mean, people act like the MCU never made Winter Soldier and Civil War....easily as political as anything Fox-Men has done, while also being very action-packed and balancing many heroes with everyone having standout moments and reasons to exist.

I'm no MCU die-hard, but I'll give them credit where its due. They've elevated their leftover IP's(Iron Man, the Avengers, GotG) into juggernauts. I can't wait to see what they do with real, meaty content like the X-Men.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Absolutely! Why would any X-Men fan not?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Depends how my fave characters will be threated.

So if Rogue, Magneto and Emma are well written and played ill watch them all

BANNED

I'm looking forward to see what people will say if it turns out like that, seriously. There seems to be some really interesting contempt from comic "fans" because the movies are not made to appeal to them, but if it turns out actually great I wonder how they'll go against it. There's always fun to have with these things.

My opinion is I generally go see movies that look like I would enjoy them regardless of the studio making them. Every X-Men movie that has been released looked like I would enjoy it based on trailers so yes I will most likely go see the new ones regardless of continuity. I don't get why people get so bent out of shape over this. The movies aren't the comics and they don't have to follow them scene for scene to be good or at least enjoyable. They can be their own thing and have their own story. Don't think too much about continuity errors and just try to enjoy yourself.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

The question still remains, will the movie be showing the essence of the Black Panther character and its mythos? Or will it be just another slick action flick?

I will watch it regardless. But if Jean's not on it, I won't have much hype.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    My opinion is I generally go see movies that look like I would enjoy them regardless of the studio making them. Every X-Men movie that has been released looked like I would enjoy it based on trailers so yes I will most likely go see the new ones regardless of continuity. I don't get why people get so bent out of shape over this. The movies aren't the comics and they don't have to follow them scene for scene to be good or at least enjoyable. They can be their own thing and have their own story. Don't think too much about continuity errors and just try to enjoy yourself.
    I know exaggeration is a thing to paint the other side as being reactionary and less than reasonable, which contributes to unproductive discussions, and thus par for the course on this forum, so I'll just ask: Did you read their reasons for disliking them, or did you just brush them off as haters without engaging them and asking why?

I can't claim to have read every single post on this forum, but even so, I can understand why some people are optimistic or pessimistic about future MCU and X-Men integration. I would never say, "I never understand why you people are ... ", because that usually means that I have not been listening.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by passerby View Post
    The question still remains, will the movie be showing the essence of the Black Panther character and its mythos? Or will it be just another slick action flick?
    I think it will make black panther mythos and Easter eggs known to everyone. I predict marvel will be selling lots of kimoyo beads next Month. Hot ticket item I bet soon
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Before it came out alot of Spider-Man fans were losing their minds over all the raceswapping or how they thought it was Ironman featuring Spider-Man etc etc

Huge complaints I've heard

May finding out his secret Identity
    I loved that; it happened in the Ultimate comics and I think that I'd like to see the post-reveal dynamic onscreen. (Say what you will about MCU May Parker being too young, however I really liked how the movie capture the mother/son relationship that Ultimate put together. I find that works better than what the old '60s comics did, and even the original films to some extent.)

Lack of spider sense
    Did not notice.
    The suit AI
    I liked it, since it allowed them to incorporate Spidey's classic internal monologues into the movie in a way that made sense for the medium. While would like it if some of the more advanced tech was taken out, I want to see Karen stay in the sequels.

MJ reveal
    Mixed opinion. I'd really wanted a faithful adaptation of Ultimate MJ in the movie and it still bothers me that we'll never get that. On the other hand, I'm willing to take Michelle as her own character and I think that we take her as that and not as the movie's adaptation of Mary Jane, she works f

Ned as Ganke
    Ganke was one of the things I really liked about the Miles comics, so putting him in with the classic Spidey was a good call IMHO.

But I enjoyed it more than all Spider-Man films combined personally. My second favorite of '17 after Logan
    I think that Homecoming was my least favorite of the 2017 superhero movies I saw (Logan, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Thor 3, Wonder Woman). It was really good (I want a copy of it), but it have quite the same heft as the others did to me, for some reason. It felt more like cotton candy somehow.

Spider-Man 2 & X2 are seen as the greatest ever by ppl who grew up with them (idc for them personally so I welcome change). X-MEN Reboot will be 10x as hectic during production when we get leaks and stuff imo
    I think that SM2 still holds it's place as one of the best in the genre of all time. On the other hand, I think that SM1 remains one of the most re-watchable superhero movies ever made, so there is that.

As far as X2, I think it's still good, but I don't think it's quite the crown jewel that it's fans do; I find that X1 is more enjoyable to re-watch and I think that some of the later movies in that series did better. As far as will Marvel Studios do better X-Men then Fox, I think that remains to be seen. While I do think the Fox series has it's missteps, when it got things right, it really got them right. Case in point, they've defined who Professor X and Wolverine are.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Absolutely! Why would any X-Men fan not?
    Maybe because some of us fans are fans of the current movie series and not so much else the other parts of the franchise? Case in point, the only other X-Men things I've found enjoyable are the Evolution cartoon and X-23 comics.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    That'll depend on the pitch. If it looks like another two decades of The Wolverine Show on the horizon, then probably not.
    Basically agree, here.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

Thanks, peeps.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I will watch it regardless. But if Jean's not on it, I won't have much hype.
    Jean as dark phoenix will never be in it.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Of course I will. I love X-Men and have emotional investment in them for a big chunk of my life.

To some extent my defense of the FOX films may be a defensive rationalization to try to make myself feel like the way the XMen are being handled is good already. Who knows. Maybe I will genuinely prefer the Disney-made movies when they come out in years. I am sure the effects will be a lot better due to the huge budgets. And it will be nice for sure not to have to get into CONSTANT negativity with people critical of the films.

BUT! But, I say! I do have concerns the movies will Re-invent The Wheel, be super repetitive and redundant, only feature the most famous characters, and have low "stakes". And also tame down the more mature or provocative story themes. I HOPE I AM WRONG ABOUT THESE THINGS! But, I do have concerns.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY