Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I don't think exact proportions matter so much as distinct visibility, including having more than one character of the same group at once on a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Phenomena isn't distributed equal tho. How many 7 footers are they in the world?

How many of those 7 footers come from Asia? This is the point I am not saying this because I disagree with you but because we use population data like when I say I want to realistic number of minorities in books. They go "You guys are minorities in the US, they should be less of you". So while you and me are correct they should clearly be more based on population data. Creators aren't creating characters using race data there is no reason why couldn't be more Asians or any minorities in books.

So in this case better example is the NBA is in the US and it is 73% black and 18 percent white. In the NFL 68% Black and 28% White. Lets not get too caught up in numbers they are plenty reason of why a group in something can have way higher amount than general population.
    Height is very different from the X-gene, which is equally distributed in all humans because the Celestials implanted it in protohumans so long ago. Height does tend to cluster geographically/in specific ethnic lines due to specific environmental factors(such as mean temperatures and food availability). It's comparing apples to oranges.

In-story, though, Ellis and Bianchi's Astonishing X-Men run did say that the Chinese government systemically culled their mutants, which was a [clunky] explanation for the exceedingly rare instances of Chinese mutants.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Height is very different from the X-gene, which is equally distributed in all humans because the Celestials implanted it in protohumans so long ago. Height does tend to cluster geographically/in specific ethnic lines due to specific environmental factors(such as mean temperatures and food availability). It's comparing apples to oranges.

In-story, though, Ellis and Bianchi's Astonishing X-Men run did say that the Chinese government systemically culled their mutants, which was a [clunky] explanation for the exceedingly rare instances of Chinese mutants.
    is that a reasonable explanation though?

Zeb Wells is knocking it out of the park with Hellions and I would love to see him take on Tran, Karma's sister. Karma said in the most recent New Mutants that she feel compelled to reach out and take over minds (something else that I hope is explored) and I think the same could be said for Tran. Yeah, he's probably just an a-hole, but it's possible that his power drove him down that path in someway, and I really want to see that story. I'd much rather read about him than Empath.

Senyaka is another good candidate for the Hellions. It's more because I love his design and his power, but he's virtually a blanks state. He has a bit of the vampire thing going on with his powers as well
    caio-cacau-caio-cacau-senyaka-large.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    is that a reasonable explanation though?
    I said it was clunky. That said, given what the Chinese government has actually done to the Uyghurs and other people they don't like, maybe it is kind of reasonable. Before A imported the extradimensionals, the global mutant population was only about .000027% of the world population, at 200k. China put over a million Uyghurs in camps. Eradicating 35,100 babies(presumed number of Chinese mutants based on that percentage) would be a cake walk in comparison.

Ultimate Member

I said it was clunky. That said, given what the Chinese government has actually done to the Uyghurs and other people they don't like, maybe it is kind of reasonable. Before A imported the extradimensionals, the global mutant population was only about .000027% of the world population, at 200k. China put over a million Uyghurs in camps. Eradicating 35,100 babies(presumed number of Chinese mutants based on that percentage) would be a cake walk in comparison.
    True, the Chinese government hasn't treated its peoples well at all, so it's not unreasonable. I'm just wondering if this is just an "after-the-fact" justification for most mutants being Euro-American

I find it disrespectful that because we as black people cannot ask or discuss OUR state in comics without another minority trying to chime in and dimish us. I dont have a problem with other groups asking for representation but why in the world would you start your thread like that.

"I always see demand for a black character".

Im gonna keep the rest of my comments to myself but there are a plethora of mutant asian characters as listed in the thread.
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 03-23-2021 at 04:27 PM.

It wouldn't be even thing do to "due to specific environmental factors", For example, Populations have different death rates and if most of the people with mutant trait die out obviously they would be less. It is not apples to oranges thing. The random factor is "humanity"

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It wouldn't be even thing do to "due to specific environmental factors", For example, Populations have different death rates and if most of the people with mutant trait die out obviously they would be less. It is not apples to oranges thing. The random factor is "humanity"
    I would disagree. The Nilotics, for example, inhabit equatorial Africa, and as such are exposed to strong sunrays. Their skin is highly melanated('blue black'), and their bodies are tall and thin(to better transfer heat relative to surface area). Conversely you find pygmies in the dense rainforests, where a smaller body is able to navigate more easily. This is natural adaptation to environmental factors. With the x-gene, in canon, it was artificially inserted into protohumanity as part of the Celestial's trifold experiment(Eternals/humans/Deviants) and in theory is dormant in all humans, finding spontaneous activation[by puberty or other stresses] in mutants, and triggered activation [by radioactivity, drugs, etc] in mutates. It is indeed apples and oranges.

it was artificially inserted into protohumanity as part of the Celestial's trifold experiment(Eternals/humans/Deviants) and in theory is dormant in all humans, finding spontaneous activation[by puberty or other stresses] in mutants, and triggered activation [by radioactivity, drugs, etc] in mutates. It is indeed apples and oranges.
    If a group of people are more resistant or less to external activation what happens?

Anyways the spontaneous activation would be the same, the triggered activation wouldn't which would lead to "more" mutates who have a higher rate of producing of mutants. And race generally live in same places have same external stimuli the numbers would never be even through the human population. No, it is apple and oranges outside factors will change things
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-23-2021 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    I find it disrespectful that because we as black people cannot ask or discuss OUR state in comics without another minority trying to chime in and dimish us. I dont have a problem with other groups asking for representation but why in the world would you start your thread like that.

"I always see demand for a black character".

Im gonna keep the rest of my comments to myself but there are a plethora of mutant asian characters as listed in the thread.
    OP def should not have pit Black vs. Asian representation, but there being a "plethora of mutant asian characters" or whatever shouldn't be relevant either. Both need more representation. It's not a zero-sum game. A good, diverse cast should have Black and Asian mutants together.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    OP def should not have pit Black vs. Asian representation, but there being a "plethora of mutant asian characters" or whatever shouldn't be relevant either. Both need more representation. It's not a zero-sum game. A good, diverse cast should have Black and Asian mutants together.
    True. The problem with the "plethora" is they're not nearly focused on as much as the White characters. And x-Men do have no shortage of White characters, many of whom are kinda bland IMO (but I realize others will disagree). Idk what about Iceman or Angel is so interesting they can get so much characterization while Asian mutants are afterthoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    No one was playing oppression olympics until the OP decided to be ignorant.

Of course, diversity is the goal. No one said anything against any comment against prominent asian representation.
    The point is the silencing of black readers on black characters.

The OP derailed the thread before it even started.

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    Zeb Wells is knocking it out of the park with Hellions and I would love to see him take on Tran, Karma's sister. Karma said in the most recent New Mutants that she feel compelled to reach out and take over minds (something else that I hope is explored) and I think the same could be said for Tran. Yeah, he's probably just an a-hole, but it's possible that his power drove him down that path in someway, and I really want to see that story. I'd much rather read about him than Empath.

Senyaka is another good candidate for the Hellions. It's more because I love his design and his power, but he's virtually a blanks state. He has a bit of the vampire thing going on with his powers as well
    caio-cacau-caio-cacau-senyaka-large.jpg
    Yes! Senyaka! Love him! When someone asked me to make my own xmen team I just had to include him. I would definitely love to see more

As a black man I've said the same. We need more asian representation. We can start by having artist stop making asians look white and the only reason we know they are asian is because of a name or they overdo it with the costume.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/